No announcement yet.

NBA Final 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mentioned this on the Everything Raptors forum. I bet we'll see more 'small ball' teams in the future. This Warriors team PROVES that you can win championship playing that way. Obviously you have to have the personnel.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      So defense doesn't count? Every game that Iggy started in the finals they crushed the Cavs. There's a reason. I thought it was a pretty obvious pick. It was a grinding season predicated on physical play. Iggy led the better team on the most difficult half of the court, and he upped his offensive game when it mattered.
      of course defense counts but to me the reason they crushed those games is because their offense got a lot better in the games iggy started, rather than any significant improvement on D. iguodala played only marginally more minutes in the games he started vs those he came off the bench, and the warriors defense was stellar all series. the series turned when they went small and their offense improved. iggy was effective to that end but curry is the engine

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
        of course defense counts but to me the reason they crushed those games is because their offense got a lot better in the games iggy started, rather than any significant improvement on D. iguodala played only marginally more minutes in the games he started vs those he came off the bench, and the warriors defense was stellar all series. the series turned when they went small and their offense improved. iggy was effective to that end but curry is the engine
        Then it's settled. Steve Kerr is your NBA Finals MVP!!!!

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
          So we agree. Best planet on the planet. Also a douche.
          pretty much hahaha

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            It's like if Bill Gates went walking around saying "I'm the richest man in the world!"
            His team was against a wall, and he was looking for any possible edge. These were special circumstances - it's not like he's been going around saying this his whole life.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Ok, are you actually justifying his comment.

This is whats wrong with Basketball, honestly man......hen the actual fans start defending this narcissistic BS, its time to start wondering.

Comment

• Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  I don't watch hockey, but yeah.

Comment

Ok, are you actually justifying his comment.

This is whats wrong with Basketball, honestly man......hen the actual fans start defending this narcissistic BS, its time to start wondering.
                    Post game interview, completely exhausted, back against the wall...and again, looking for ANY edge in a series where his team had no business NOT being swept...I give him a pass on this. If he'd said it after the series was over, it would be a different story.

And by the way, James said last night, about whether or not he should have won the series MVP (which he should have): “At the end of the day I’m here to win a team prize, and that’s to win a championship, not an individual prize.” Of course, no one says much about this.

As for hockey vs. bball...bball is much more reliant on the individual. Teams plays 8 players, not 25. But hey, if you still don't get it...just stop watching I guess lol
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Oh and I'll bet that yeah, every one of those hockey superstars are just totally humble, unconceited down to earth guys. Working in soup kitchens and donating kidneys in their spare time. Give me a freaking BREAK
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        LeBron in 7
                        If it was a best of three Lebron would have got it!

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Its weird, I used to always cheer against Lebron, and now for some reason I find myself cheering for him.
                        It's because his supporting cast is soooo weak. There's an article comparing the numbers of this finals supporting cast and Lebron's other Cavs supporting cast, and the other one was better. Pretty much the worst 2-8 roster to ever play in a finals.

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                        It's probably just pity because the Warriors are probably going to win quite handily.

I give it 5-6 games.
                        I expected Lebron to be Lebron, and figured the inexperience of both teams would be a wash. Cleveland came out better in the first 3 games, my initial sweep prediction was off, but there was pretty much zero chance the Cavs would win. It took Golden State a little bit longer to figure out, but once they did the series was over.

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        I just really enjoy watching Mr. "win or lose, im the best player on the planet" lose. what he doesnt get, is that no, he is not the best player....because he says he is, is one big hint as to why.
                        But he is the best player, by a W I D E margin. He probably won't be in two years, but for the last half decade it's been pretty obvious. I think it's funny that it's taken this long for him to say anything about it publicly.

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        the guy with the fucking trophy.
                        the guy on the ice last night.
                        the guys that never use the word "i" and instead say us, or we.

Im so tire dof having to explain this shit to people. If you dont get it, figure it out.

me first pro athletes are fucking losers.
                        Except, one of Lebron's biggest criticisms is that he cares two much about his teammates and it's selfish enough. Micheal Jordan is probably top ten most ego-centric people in sports history and that trait is a big part of why he's widely considered the GOAT. Your arguments aren't making a lot sense.

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Iguodala - Finals MVP!
                        This is pretty ridiculous, but Lebron was clearly the most important and best player in the series. Iggy did a fantastic job on Lebron, who ate up every other defender who tried to guard him, but Lebron was the MVP of the series.

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Post game interview, completely exhausted, back against the wall...and again, looking for ANY edge in a series where his team had no business NOT being swept...I give him a pass on this. If he'd said it after the series was over, it would be a different story.

And by the way, James said last night, about whether or not he should have won the series MVP (which he should have): “At the end of the day I’m here to win a team prize, and that’s to win a championship, not an individual prize.” Of course, no one says much about this.

As for hockey vs. bball...bball is much more reliant on the individual. Teams plays 8 players, not 25. But hey, if you still don't get it...just stop watching I guess lol
                        Also, hockey players average around 20-25min/game so around 30-40% (except goalies who play the whole game, but only impact half of it [defense]), Lebron average around 45minutes/game so around 90% of the game, if you break it down even further to usg%, the impact of an individual basketball player is WAY WAY WAY more impactful than an individual hockey player. The very nature of hockey requires greater reliance on more players.

It's fine to dislike Lebron for personal reasons (even if you don't know him personally). I've never been a huge fan, the decision was super dumb and I was super happy when the Mavs and Spurs beat them in the finals. I was cheering for the Warriors in this series, but it's really hard to criticize Lebron in this series. He relied a lot on his teammates in game five and they didn't deliver. Yes, he should have gone to work in the low block in the 3rd quarter, and he could have shot better, but this is as close as the Cavs (with this squad) could hope get to a championship and that is a huge testament Lebron's talent, and bball IQ. Take this team and trade Lebron with any other superstar you like, and it's an ugly sweep.

EDIT: JR delivered in the fourth quarter but it was too little to late, he also got hot after Klay had fouled out and Iggy was on the bench as to not be intentionally fouled. Not trying to take anything away from JR, he hit some crazy threes, but you're not likely to get any more out of him, than what they got.
                        Last edited by ezz_bee; Wed Jun 17, 2015, 01:05 PM.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

1/ Lebron has lost more championship series than he's won -- this might be why
                          2/ How is this relevant the day after LBJ loses?
                          3/ Any sport where men call themselves "boys" makes me feel uncomfortable.

You're always welcome to watch hockey instead.

Comment

• Fun facts!!!

Shooting percentages James created/James didn't create

James Jones 50%/0%
                            Shumpert 43.8%/14.8%
                            Delly 42.9%/23.1%
                            J.R. Smith 40.0%/26.9%

Backcourt Avg. 44.2%/16.2% (21.6% if you don't count James Jones 0%, as I'm not sure he took any non-Lebron created shots)

Lebron James, possibly the best at making his teammates better.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Drunk Warriors singing loooooooool

https://vid.me/x1LL
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X