Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
    Carroll is reaching bargnani levels for me. I mean the guy is straight up bad... for a guy making 15 million. No defense, No handles. He is useless on offense. Jyd 0.2 is more like it. I would say he is one of the worst small forwards in the league.
    You know those little bouncy balls you get in the $1 mall dispensers or at the arcades to exchange for tickets? I remember trying to dribble those as a kid and they'd fly all over, bounce above my head, I'd have to chase it down all the time...that's how Carroll looks dribbling a basketball.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Carroll should never be asked to create off the dribble....ever. But that's the beauty of Casey's offense. ISO's for all!

I actually think Carroll's been better of late. He seems more confident with his shot, and defensive intensity is trending upwards. That's all we ask of him...make shots and play D.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        I think I'm alone in seeing that Demarre is looking healthier to recently. I don't think he will ever be ATL version.
        DMC is decent at passing and cutting. In our system he just stands in the corner and waits for a broken ISO play from DD.
        Would love to see some (any?) cutting put into this offense on a regular basis.

Comment

• Defenders can chase him off the line because his dribble-drive ability is so limited. Still, we need him to play like a 3-point gunner right now.

Otherwise he hasn't been that bad lately. It's not like Tobias Harris or Middleton have been lighting the World on fire his season either.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Defenders can chase him off the line because his dribble-drive ability is so limited. Still, we need him to play like a 3-point gunner right now.

Otherwise he hasn't been that bad lately. It's not like Tobias Harris or Middleton have been lighting the World on fire his season either.
            Well Middleton tore his hamstring and has played a handful of games, so there's that

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Would love to see some (any?) cutting put into this offense on a regular basis.
              Agreed. We have some more potential there.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Well Middleton tore his hamstring and has played a handful of games, so there's that
                Precisely my point - could be worse!

Comment

• Just 2 let u guys know..that I'm hurt again and I'll b back soon...
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• If a Demarre Carroll falls in the forest and nobodies around to care, does his injury make a sound?

This guy went from "key cog, 3&D, warrior" to "oh he's hurt? no timeline at all? meh!" in a span of 12 months.

Comment

If a Demarre Carroll falls in the forest and nobodies around to care, does his injury make a sound?

This guy went from "key cog, 3&D, warrior" to "oh he's hurt? no timeline at all? meh!" in a span of 12 months.
                      Feel bad for a dude that's overcome so much...
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• He has looked incrementally better, on and off, over the last month or two. Just over a year since his surgery, I'm hoping after this summer he's returned even more to old form by next fall. I certainly hope that's the case for the sake of the team.

But yeah, the JYD rep was definitely earned in part by playing with a bunch of finesse guys in ATL.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          He has looked incrementally better, on and off, over the last month or two. Just over a year since his surgery, I'm hoping after this summer he's returned even more to old form by next fall. I certainly hope that's the case for the sake of the team.

But yeah, the JYD rep was definitely earned in part by playing with a bunch of finesse guys in ATL.
                          Yeah nobody out hustles lowry. Except maybe pj tucker who is now here playing the same position as Mr. 2.0 lol
                          I say we pivot and bring back tucker for ~5 less than Carroll. He just needs a taker. Brooklyn maybe? They're desperate for nba players. New orleans? The Colangelo's? There is still teams that would want demarre imo

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            He has looked incrementally better, on and off, over the last month or two. Just over a year since his surgery, I'm hoping after this summer he's returned even more to old form by next fall. I certainly hope that's the case for the sake of the team.

Yeah nobody out hustles lowry. Except maybe pj tucker who is now here playing the same position as Mr. 2.0 lol
                            I say we pivot and bring back tucker for ~5 less than Carroll. He just needs a taker. Brooklyn maybe? They're desperate for nba players. New orleans? The Colangelo's? There is still teams that would want demarre imo

Comment

If a Demarre Carroll falls in the forest and nobodies around to care, does his injury make a sound?

Disagree. He's still a valuable member of the team. Tucker is definitely a better option right now, but I still much prefer a healthy Demarre than an injured one.

Comment

• At this point can we all just agree this guy is terrible as a whole? When we consider all the pieces -- what this team desperately needs; what we hoped to attain when we signed him vs what he actually provides; his is-it-his-knee-or-something-else, etc, etc.

I can't sit here and say I expected a top 5 or even top 10 SF, but I just randomly pulled up some stats on SF's this season, and Carroll consistently ranks in the bottom third or even bottom *sixth* in the league in several statistical categories. I don't really feel the need to back this up with numbers. Just go have a look, or better (worse?) yet, watch him play. Carroll is just awful at this point, and when you consider salary and how many years left.. that is enough to make a man (Masai?) blush.

Can we also get the announcer to stop introducing him as JYD 2.0? This guy needs a new name. 2.0 usually means an upgrade. I feel this is a disservice to the original Raptor JYD Jerome Williams, and if we're being honest, the late great *original* another-one-bites-the-dust JYD.

Perhaps we can use the year instead -- JYD 2017. Sometimes newer models of cars are worse than their predecessors.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X