No announcement yet.

Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read on the main page "march 15 at the earliest" but unless they heard something we didn't, the original prognosis was 6 to 8 weeks and he was supposedly progressing nicely
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• What's with the secrecy in this case? I don't get it.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
        What's with the secrecy in this case? I don't get it.
        Check out 3intheKeon's comment 3 above yours. That's a status update, no secrecy. Things are going well.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Check out 3intheKeon's comment 3 above yours. That's a status update, no secrecy. Things are going well.
          Most injuries you have an idea as to when a player might return. Do we know if Carroll is coming back during the season? The playoffs? Next year?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            Most injuries you have an idea as to when a player might return. Do we know if Carroll is coming back during the season? The playoffs? Next year?
            Yeah, it said 6-8 weeks at the time of the injury, which would put it mid-March to early April, before the playoffs.

There can always be changes in schedule though.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Yeah, it said 6-8 weeks at the time of the injury, which would put it mid-March to early April, before the playoffs.

There can always be changes in schedule though.
              Huh?

Didn't the injury happen in early January (like around this time last month?). That would put 6-8 weeks as mid-February to early March.

Comment

• 6 weeks after surgery would be around Feb17, 8 weeks is March 3., so mid March is more like 9-10 weeks and early April is 12 weeks.

Odd that the exact nature of the injury or surgery has never been stated by either the team or player.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  6 weeks after surgery would be around Feb17, 8 weeks is March 3., so mid March is more like 9-10 weeks and early April is 12 weeks.

Odd that the exact nature of the injury or surgery has never been stated by either the team or player.
                  Huh, you are right. Looking into it originally he was given that time frame but apparently recently he was interviewed and said it no longer holds up. I remember people looking at past knee surgeries and guesstimating a late March return - I think I got that mixed up with the 6-8 weeks time frame somehow.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    6 weeks after surgery would be around Feb17, 8 weeks is March 3., so mid March is more like 9-10 weeks and early April is 12 weeks.

Yeah you'd think at some point post surgery we would have gotten a rough time frame..I expect we'll hear something more tangible either shortly before or shortly after the all star break.

My guess is he'll be "ready" around March 1st but they'll give him a week or 2 of hard practice both for cardio/game shape and to ensure he's 110%.

We need this junk yard dog we keep hearing about, not a feeble feline
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• should be hearing something soon I hope
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• He was shooting 3's before the Minny game. I believe there is a vine or tweet on that.

Comment

• Here it is (via Eric Smith):

Comment

• Can't wait to have him back
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Can't wait to have him back
                              That's encouraging that he's shooting threes, we'll be even better when he's back.

Comment

• It looks like he's gonna be ready sooner than we thought. Just need to ease him back into it.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X