No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Masai wasnt so antsy to give Ross such an expensive contract we could maybe keep Biyombo.

Masai's one mistake -- that Ross extension... especially with the emergence of Powell, there is no need for Ross.

I hope Masai has a rabbit up his sleeve and can somehow trade him away for some expiring (long shot but lets see).

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      You think Bobcats aren't having second thoughts on letting Biz walk?! this is why if you let someone go you best be sure that this decision won't come back to haunt you. I am glad the 905 is now in existence so you can now stash some players there and monitor their progress instead of outright losing them.

But if you want to move forward instead of back, you don't lose Biz.
      yes of course they are, but their FO/coach is probably the most retarded in the entire league. They had whiteside and bismack biyombo and let both of them go for nothing. Ironic thing is both players came back to bite them in the ass. Their organization has something against rebounders, or im guessing jordan does. Either way, bobcats didn't get the memo: who ever controls the glass controls the game. Its been like that since basketball was invented, and horncats shit all over it...now they're eating crow.

The funny thing is, if the horncats kept either whiteside or biyombo, I could see their team this year going all the way to the ECF
      Last edited by bigfatbob; Sun May 22, 2016, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
        If Masai wasnt so antsy to give Ross such an expensive contract we could maybe keep Biyombo.

Masai's one mistake -- that Ross extension... especially with the emergence of Powell, there is no need for Ross.

I hope Masai has a rabbit up his sleeve and can somehow trade him away for some expiring (long shot but lets see).
        Let's be real; that extension was NOT a mistake. Powell isn't Ross.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• This is the free agent I would retain.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I would do anything to keep Biz after tonight. And if getting rid of Ross is what we have to do then so be it. Powell is such a hard worker and I can for sure see him being a good 3 point shooter next season. Maybe the rookie we sign can be a good 3 point shooter as well. I don't know, but we HAVE to keep Biz. No if ands maybes or buts about it.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• What a monster he was, loving the finger wag.

Comment

• The organization has stepped up with things like the d league team hopefully if the rules permit and the chance is there the purse strings get loosened

Comment

• i really wanna bring back biz, but it doesn't make sense to.

He's gonna cost like 10-15M, possibly more, I could even see the Spurs being interested in him a lot of Spurs fans want him. I personally, and I'm sure many others as well, want to see JV playing 30 minutes or more next year per game. You just cant justify paying 8 figures for less than 18 minutes per game from bb8 especially if that means you're gonna lose DD or have to trade away Ross or Carroll into cap space.

Bring Bebe in as a cheap backup center, maybe get a 3rd veteran min guy, thats the best course of action.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                    i really wanna bring back biz, but it doesn't make sense to.

He's gonna cost like 10-15M, possibly more, I could even see the Spurs being interested in him a lot of Spurs fans want him. I personally, and I'm sure many others as well, want to see JV playing 30 minutes or more next year per game. You just cant justify paying 8 figures for less than 18 minutes per game from bb8 especially if that means you're gonna lose DD or have to trade away Ross or Carroll into cap space.

Bring Bebe in as a cheap backup center, maybe get a 3rd veteran min guy, thats the best course of action.
                    Umm keeping Biz is worth trading away Ross. Y'all are crazy. Bebe is no where near as good and Biz. You can just see it. Biz is honestly the heart and sole of this team after Kyle. I know we need shooting but I would get rid of Terence in a heartbeat if it meant keeping Biz.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      Umm keeping Biz is worth trading away Ross. Y'all are crazy. Bebe is no where near as good and Biz. You can just see it. Biz is honestly the heart and sole of this team after Kyle. I know we need shooting but I would get rid of Terence in a heartbeat if it meant keeping Biz.
                      Disagree... and not because I think Ross is way better than Bismack.

It's about skillset. Bismack can play one position, and the best player on our team plays the same position. So there's a ceiling on how much playing time you want to give him. Ross can play multiple positions, especially with small ball lineups, and can guard multiple positions. He also has a high-value skill on offense(3 point shooting) which is in short supply on our roster, and isn't as easy to get as some people think it is.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Kyle Lowry is still the best player on this team.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Kyle Lowry is still the best player on this team.
                          I respect the hell out of you because you back your guys regardless. DeMar, Casey, Lowry, Bismack... those four guys you will back no matter how bad or good they are.

But on talent, JV is the best player on our team. Had the best season a Raptor has ever had in terms of WS/48. Had the best rebounding playoff run ever(literally, ever, I posted the numbers a few pages back) so far.

He doesn't get the usage he should, but he does a lot with what he does get.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            I respect the hell out of you because you back your guys regardless. DeMar, Casey, Lowry, Bismack... those four guys you will back no matter how bad or good they are.

But on talent, JV is the best player on our team. Had the best season a Raptor has ever had in terms of WS/48. Had the best rebounding playoff run ever(literally, ever, I posted the numbers a few pages back) so far.

He doesn't get the usage he should, but he does a lot with what he does get.
                            Kyle is the best player on this team.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Kyle is the best player on this team.
                              Agree to disagree. Lowry had the best season and was the most important player on the team, but I think JV has the most talent.

Comment

• As far as Bismack's free agency, have to think it might also matter that we can't offer him a starting role, and a lot of other teams will.

That might end up being as important as the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X