Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Guys.

How much would you pay your starting and backup C combined three years ago? Starting C's made 10M pretty easily, and backup C's were most often MLE players (5M). That's 15M in a cap of 58M. The cap over the next few years is going to be about 100M on average. So that projects up to 26M. It would be perfectly acceptable to spend 26M on a typical C rotation under a 100M cap. But JV-Biz is not a typical C rotation, it might be the best centre combo in the league. So to spend 26-30M on the two of them is fantastic.

That's why in my mind, if we can bring back Biz for 10M, it's an easy decision. Do it. JV makes 14, 15 and 17 over the next few years, so paying Biz 10 brings the totals to 24, 25, 27M. Actually below that 26M on average. Giving Biz 15 makes it less pretty, 29, 30, 32M. But again, this is a tremendous C rotation with incredible injury insurance and complementary skill sets. So a few million over budget is not the end of the world, especially for what I consider to be a crucial position. Still, 15M would give me pause.

But if Biz can be brought back for 4/40 or even up to 4/50, it would be a no brainer in my mind.
    I agree with you, but I don't see a case where Bismack doesn't get offered a lot more than that. Tristan Thompson got a max contract in a year without the obscene amount of cap space that's out there this year.

I'm half expecting some desperate team that misses out on the big free agents to throw $20m per at Bismack.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      Kyle is the best player on the team. It's not even a debate.
      Yeah, this is silly. Kyle is the biggest contributor to wins in practically every metric, easily. He's a superstar. JV might one day be a star, but for now he is simply an incredibly good player with tremendous room to grow who is the key to the organization's future success.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I agree with you, but I don't see a case where Bismack doesn't get offered a lot more than that. Tristan Thompson got a max contract in a year without the obscene amount of cap space that's out there this year.

I'm half expecting some desperate team that misses out on the big free agents to throw $20m per at Bismack.
        No one in the league, including the Cavs, was willing to offer that contract to Thompson. LeBron got him that contract.

No one will send 20M Biz's way. 15M is probably his ceiling.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, this is silly. Kyle is the biggest contributor to wins in practically every metric, easily. He's a superstar. JV might one day be a star, but for now he is simply an incredibly good player with tremendous room to grow who is the key to the organization's future success.
          As I clarified later, I wasn't trying to take anything away from Lowry. I was also accounting for future value, in which case I see JV as the highest value asset we have in our organization.

Comment

No one in the league, including the Cavs, was willing to offer that contract to Thompson. LeBron got him that contract.

No one will send 20M Biz's way. 15M is probably his ceiling.
            I agree that 15M should be his ceiling, but...

If the Lakers draw blanks in free agency, with Jim Buss desperate to compete for the playoffs to retain control of the team, silly things might happen.

Comment

I respect the hell out of you because you back your guys regardless. DeMar, Casey, Lowry, Bismack... those four guys you will back no matter how bad or good they are.

But on talent, JV is the best player on our team. Had the best season a Raptor has ever had in terms of WS/48. Had the best rebounding playoff run ever(literally, ever, I posted the numbers a few pages back) so far.

He doesn't get the usage he should, but he does a lot with what he does get.
              Barolt wrote: View Post
              As I clarified later, I wasn't trying to take anything away from Lowry. I was also accounting for future value, in which case I see JV as the highest value asset we have in our organization.
              Did not seem like you were in any way discussing asset value at the time, but sure.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I agree that 15M should be his ceiling, but...

If the Lakers draw blanks in free agency, with Jim Buss desperate to compete for the playoffs to retain control of the team, silly things might happen.
                With any luck, by the time the Lakers are dead sure they are out of every race, we'll have locked Biyombo up.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Did not seem like you were in any way discussing asset value at the time, but sure.
                  I was thinking that way, perhaps I didn't express my thoughts adequately.

My apologies.

Comment

• Everything Bismack Biyombo

If a team like Indiana or Portland offers 12-13~ and the Raps offer 10-11~ I don't see Biyombo leaving. And that will be the reason why Biyombo and a mid first rounder in the 2017 draft will be a Raptor next season and Terrence Ross wouldn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I have a feeling Masai has to decide between DD, Ross and BB. Only two can stay.

DD had a great game.. but I'm still leaning towards Ross and BB.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I have a feeling Masai has to decide between DD, Ross and BB. Only two can stay.

DD had a great game.. but I'm still leaning towards Ross and BB.
                        No chance, in my mind. I think Ross was only extended to be traded later.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Man...I would get rid off Carroll instead lmao really disappointed
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Guys.

How much would you pay your starting and backup C combined three years ago? Starting C's made 10M pretty easily, and backup C's were most often MLE players (5M). That's 15M in a cap of 58M. The cap over the next few years is going to be about 100M on average. So that projects up to 26M. It would be perfectly acceptable to spend 26M on a typical C rotation under a 100M cap. But JV-Biz is not a typical C rotation, it might be the best centre combo in the league. So to spend 26-30M on the two of them is fantastic.

That's why in my mind, if we can bring back Biz for 10M, it's an easy decision. Do it. JV makes 14, 15 and 17 over the next few years, so paying Biz 10 brings the totals to 24, 25, 27M. Actually below that 26M on average. Giving Biz 15 makes it less pretty, 29, 30, 32M. But again, this is a tremendous C rotation with incredible injury insurance and complementary skill sets. So a few million over budget is not the end of the world, especially for what I consider to be a crucial position. Still, 15M would give me pause.

But if Biz can be brought back for 4/40 or even up to 4/50, it would be a no brainer in my mind.
                            A lot of people are worried about JV getting 30 minutes a game and Biz only getting 18 but every team is different. There might be matchups where you want Biz to get 30 and JV to get 18, cause that's what the matchup dictates. With Biz and JV you have the ability to field two completely different looks. IN other words, you can have the best center for any situation. And with JV showing a little outside range (and sure to show more over the next few years, I can think of situations where you could potentially play both of them at the same time. The Raps could have a front court that is capable of dominating most teams in the NBA.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              A lot of people are worried about JV getting 30 minutes a game and Biz only getting 18 but every team is different. There might be matchups where you want Biz to get 30 and JV to get 18, cause that's what the matchup dictates. With Biz and JV you have the ability to field two completely different looks. IN other words, you can have the best center for any situation. And with JV showing a little outside range (and sure to show more over the next few years, I can think of situations where you could potentially play both of them at the same time. The Raps could have a front court that is capable of dominating most teams in the NBA.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming.
                              Also:

TWIN TOWERS.

Seriously. Try playing them together here and there. Give JV a chance to really start developing that long j. I think this would work much better than you'd expect.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

No chance, in my mind. I think Ross was only extended to be traded later.
                                Agreed. There is no way they are not resigning Demar. Unless he wants to leave which he doesn't
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X