Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Why you say that?
    By default JV would be doubled in the post every touch. Who ever has Biyombo would leave immediately to cover JV. Biyombo has terrible hands and JV isn't a soft passer

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      By default JV would be doubled in the post every touch. Who ever has Biyombo would leave immediately to cover JV. Biyombo has terrible hands and JV isn't a soft passer
      That's true. I agree with the whole double teaming part but I think the whole Bismack having bad hands thing is exaggerated. Fans of Charlotte say he has improved a lot in that aspect. He's not as bad as he was in his rookie season when the coaches had to teach him to catch. Most of his offense came from working in the pick and roll with Lance Stephenson. And from videos I've watched he catches some bad passes. But yea offensively he would make it tough on JV
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Neither is skilled enough to complement each other. Also both can not score out of 10 feet
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Neither is skilled enough to complement each other. Also both can not score out of 10 feet
          True
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Neither is skilled enough to complement each other. Also both can not score out of 10 feet
            JV might be able to shoot out to 10 but without another guy under the basket and quicker decisions he would get stripped. Biyombo doesn't have the stone gloves from his rookie year but he does juggle the ball alot when he isn't losing it out of bounds. He makes really easy stuff look hard

Comment

That's true. I agree with the whole double teaming part but I think the whole Bismack having bad hands thing is exaggerated. Fans of Charlotte say he has improved a lot in that aspect. He's not as bad as he was in his rookie season when the coaches had to teach him to catch. Most of his offense came from working in the pick and roll with Lance Stephenson. And from videos I've watched he catches some bad passes. But yea offensively he would make it tough on JV
              Extremely exaggerated.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Extremely exaggerated.
                Yea. I don't even think anyone on here watches Charlotte or Bismack other than when they play us so I'm more inclined to listen to actual Charlotte fans

Comment

What I like most about the video is that you see a lot of clips where the perimeter guys are getting beat (which is what we saw last year with our team) however the difference is that Biyombo was actually able to protect the paint much more effectively than JV. The league is filled with speedy guards, it's inevitable that you will get blow bys into the paint, so the team that has a big man in there that can rim protect is going to fair better than a lot of teams in this league.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
                    What I like most about the video is that you see a lot of clips where the perimeter guys are getting beat (which is what we saw last year with our team) however the difference is that Biyombo was actually able to protect the paint much more effectively than JV. The league is filled with speedy guards, it's inevitable that you will get blow bys into the paint, so the team that has a big man in there that can rim protect is going to fair better than a lot of teams in this league.
                    It's a highlight reel. They don't put in fouls and times he is late. Biyombo might replace Amir defensively but Amir was significantly better when he wasn't hurt the last few seasons before last and that isn't including Amir's offense

Comment

It's a highlight reel. They don't put in fouls and times he is late. Biyombo might replace Amir defensively but Amir was significantly better when he wasn't hurt the last few seasons before last and that isn't including Amir's offense
                      This is very true, but at least they can make an 8 minute highlight reel of him playing good D. You wouldn't even be able to do that for JV.

Comment

This is very true, but at least they can make an 8 minute highlight reel of him playing good D. You wouldn't even be able to do that for JV.
                        Biggest issue is JV play against other bigs. He was exploited by Pau and a few others but held against a lot and was a net positive on others esp include DRebs. Since most teams don't have a backup big that can score except Amare or a couple other vets, JV and BB aren't really expected to do the same thing on D. Biyombo against other starting bigs won't be free to go for blocks

Comment

JV and Biyombo should never be on the court together.
                          I wouldn't do it very often, but there could be situations that call for it. Just pointing out he has the versatility to guard PF's, so we could use him there as well.

Comment

Absolutely, I know highlight reels can be fools gold cause they only show the good. But similar to GLF, we couldn't make an 8 minute video of plays from last season where JV protected the paint this well.

JV'S good offensive skilled paired with Biyombo's above average defense could be a good combo but as other people have pointed out, we probably won't see that pair too often.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
                              Absolutely, I know highlight reels can be fools gold cause they only show the good. But similar to GLF, we couldn't make an 8 minute video of plays from last season where JV protected the paint this well.

JV'S good offensive skilled paired with Biyombo's above average defense could be a good combo but as other people have pointed out, we probably won't see that pair too often.
                              Yes we could guys, holy fucking shit, the hyperbole is out of control. JV had 32 games with a sub 100 DRtg, that's really fucking good defense. I watched almost every game and JV looked great on D a lot of the time.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Yes we could guys, holy fucking shit, the hyperbole is out of control. JV had 32 games with a sub 100 DRtg, that's really fucking good defense. I watched almost every game and JV looked great on D a lot of the time.
                                I don't think JV is a bad defender. I think he's actually a pretty good one-on-one defender. I meant more in the situations when you want some resistance from a guard coming into the paint. Felt like last season, there were too many times when our perimeter players got beat and there was little-to-no resistance with them getting a lay up. And then I watch the Raptors on offense and our guards get by their man but are blocked or impeded by the opposing team's big man.

But I'm not stats savvy like some of you folks, so if you're saying the stats showed he was great at protecting the paint in those specific scenarios then i'll take your word for it

Comment

Working...
                                X