Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Just curious and a little lazy on my own to do the research. Did Biz show the same inconstant performance on road vs home as he did against the heat/cavs in the regular season?

Comment

• I wonder what the odds are Masai gets him back at this point? It's starting to look like a serious possibility. Hometown discount? Fuck yes.

Comment

• This may be simplistic but aren't we getting a bit greedy with this Biyombo talk? It would be awesome but I think it's a luxury that we can't afford. Who, for better or worse, are the core members of this team? I'd say Lowry, Derozan and Valanciunas. You could make an argument for adding Carroll to that list by virtue of his salary. Are we looking to find a way to free up 10-15 million dollars for a back up point guard? A back up shooting guard? So why a back up centre? Again, it would be nice but it's a luxury. You can make the argument that TRoss is a 10 million dollar back up but half the forum is trying to get rid of him. If we did find a way to open up money for Biz, it would be awesome...but I think it would handicap us for years to come to have 25-30 million committed to that position. Any and all resources should go towards a power forward. Isn't it as simple as this?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            This may be simplistic but aren't we getting a bit greedy with this Biyombo talk? It would be awesome but I think it's a luxury that we can't afford. Who, for better or worse, are the core members of this team? I'd say Lowry, Derozan and Valanciunas. You could make an argument for adding Carroll to that list by virtue of his salary. Are we looking to find a way to free up 10-15 million dollars for a back up point guard? A back up shooting guard? So why a back up centre? Again, it would be nice but it's a luxury. You can make the argument that TRoss is a 10 million dollar back up but half the forum is trying to get rid of him. If we did find a way to open up money for Biz, it would be awesome...but I think it would handicap us for years to come to have 25-30 million committed to that position. Any and all resources should go towards a power forward. Isn't it as simple as this?
            That's the most important part for me. If you trade Ross for nothing just to keep Biyombo, you're draining your tradeable assets without filling the more important need.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Who's the power forward that is more impactful than Biz though? Biyombo was the embodiment of the character of this team, and he will be missed on and off the court if we can't find the money.

If you think Bebe can fill the shoes, or this mystery power forward, be my guest. But mind this - backup Biz at 12 mill in this cap era is fantastic value.

Comment

• Biyombo suspended for season opener because flagrants.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/06/02/t...s=iref:nbahpts
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Who's the power forward that is more impactful than Biz though? Biyombo was the embodiment of the character of this team, and he will be missed on and off the court if we can't find the money.

If you think Bebe can fill the shoes, or this mystery power forward, be my guest. But mind this - backup Biz at 12 mill in this cap era is fantastic value.
                  1. Bis for 12m isn't happening.

2. If JV's minutes go up to the 32-36 MPG range, where they should be, we can't get Bismack enough minutes to be worth even that much when we have a massive hole at PF.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I think we just gotta give Noguiera a shot with those 10 - 15 minutes a game
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Someone mentioned Biz's inconsistency, but Bebe was much more so. He'd have stretches where he looked good and gave hope the kid was ready, but then go through abysmal stretches where he looked totally lost.

Bebe might be the answer, but I wouldn't count on it, especially for a team that thinks itself a contender.

Which brings me to, once again, Cole Aldrich. He's turning 28 so little upside, although he just had the best season of his career. He only played 800 minutes vs Biz 1800, and probably almost exclusively against bench units.

Now the positives. He may come cheap, relatively speaking - he played for vet minimum this past year. He also had a better ESPN RPM than Biz, better PER, better WS/48, better BPM. On Nylon Calculus, his Rim Protection Points Saved/36 were equal to Biz and he had a better DRE/36.

He and Bebe should be a good mix and match for backup minutes and if Bebe proves he is ready, Aldrich might be a decent deadline trade chip.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Someone mentioned Biz's inconsistency, but Bebe was much more so. He'd have stretches where he looked good and gave hope the kid was ready, but then go through abysmal stretches where he looked totally lost.

Bebe might be the answer, but I wouldn't count on it, especially for a team that thinks itself a contender.

Which brings me to, once again, Cole Aldrich. He's turning 28 so little upside, although he just had the best season of his career. He only played 800 minutes vs Biz 1800, and probably almost exclusively against bench units.

Now the positives. He may come cheap, relatively speaking - he played for vet minimum this past year. He also had a better ESPN RPM than Biz, better PER, better WS/48, better BPM. On Nylon Calculus, his Rim Protection Points Saved/36 were equal to Biz and he had a better DRE/36.

He and Bebe should be a good mix and match for backup minutes and if Bebe proves he is ready, Aldrich might be a decent deadline trade chip.
                        if it isn't biz it will be bebe. they really need to see what he is going to be. up to him to get those minutes. he will have pat with him to keep him calm and steady. maybe a nice vets vet like john salmons at the back up 3 to keep the young guys focused.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          if it isn't biz it will be bebe. they really need to see what he is going to be. up to him to get those minutes. he will have pat with him to keep him calm and steady. maybe a nice vets vet like john salmons at the back up 3 to keep the young guys focused.
                          So you're so confident in Bebe, you don't think we need to sign a 3rd C?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Yeah, the only argument for moving Ross to sign Biz is if you believe he can play some PF as well, addressing two issues (backup C and finding non-Patterson PF minutes). That's a risky strategy since we have no evidence he can play PF, but it's the only strategy where re-signing Biz for big money makes sense.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              So you're so confident in Bebe, you don't think we need to sign a 3rd C?
                              I think we should sign a 3rd string C, but I also think BeBe should be the plan at backup C and given all sorts of chances to show if he can stick there before we default to using a veteran there.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Biyombo suspended for season opener because flagrants.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/06/02/t...s=iref:nbahpts
                                Man I still wonder what the nba was doing with green. Although he played so bad the game he kicked adams and then the one after.

Comment

Working...
                                X