Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Bismack actually could be a very good player just not on that team.

He needs to be on a team where there are plenty of shooters, an elite guard or set of guards to run the pick and roll with him and enough offensive firepower that his limited offense (which consists of dunks and rolls to the rim) doesn't become a liability.

No way in hell Orlando can supply that.
    Yeah... a team with all that isn't giving him $17m/year.

Comment

• Alright..how many of you were reading Zach Lowe today?

5. The uselessness (on one end) of Bismack Biyombo

Biyombo is stumbling proof that Cauley-Stein's passing matters. Biyombo cannot do anything beyond rolling and dunking -- a skill that thrives only in precious and rare ecosystems. These Magic do not provide such an ecosystem.

Defenders pay Biyombo no mind. Watch how far -- and more damning, how early -- Drummond strays from Biyombo to plug up what might otherwise be a fruitful Elfrid Payton-Aaron Gordon action:

The Pistons do not care about Biyombo catching the ball wide-open anywhere outside dunking range. They know he won't make a pass or dribble that hurts them.

Biyombo is a legit, fearsome rim protector; Orlando's defense will improve with Biyombo in Nikola Vucevic's place. Surround him with a pick-and-roll ace and three good shooters, and Biyombo comes to life on offense. That won't happen on this Magic team, even with Gordon holding steady as a 40 percent-plus 3-point shooter. Jonathon Simmons, starting now, has hit just 32 percent from deep, and smart defenders swerve under picks against Payton -- allowing Biyombo's defender to stay home.

In related news: Biyombo is due $17 million per season until 2020.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Yeah... a team with all that isn't giving him $17m/year.
        Pretty sure that Christian would trade JV for Biz in a heartbeat, if the trade ban was lifted. Salaries match. lol.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Alright..how many of you were reading Zach Lowe today?
          Read Zach's 10 every Friday.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Bismack

Do you ever see this guy in a Raptors uniform again?

Comment

• I guess the threshold to start a new thread is pretty low in the summer....

Orlando over payed for Biyombo - so I wouldn’t touch him until that contract is done and by then who knows what’s left in the tank.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                I guess the threshold to start a new thread is pretty low in the summer....

Orlando over payed for Biyombo - so I wouldn’t touch him until that contract is done and by then who knows what’s left in the tank.
                Unless what if. Biyombo for Ibaka? Do we get a better defender if we do that?

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                  Ibaka is way more versatile on offense. With Biyombo its 4 on 5 on offense.. and we've got great defenders already. The one thing I like about Bismack more than Serge is his rebounding though.. and the defense is better but not enough to make it a worthwhile trade.

I proposed a Serge for Tristan Thompson trade in another thread. And now that Bismack has been brought up.. I regret doing that. I like the idea that Serge can play the 4 next to JV which gives you a lot more flexibility. You definitely can't do that with either Bismack or Tristan.

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                    Still no likes Planetmars spells out nicely.

I’d rather bring Hansbrough back than Biyombo this season.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I floated the idea earlier of Norm + Miles for Biyombo (works salary-wise), in part because it gets Norm's contract off the books and Biyombo's lines up with when our other big contracts expire. With Charlotte having 3 centers, they make sense as a trading partner for us. Losing Miles would be unfortunate but hopefully Green and Leonard can more than make up for the lost shooting, and Miles would be necessary to make that trade work.

Now knowing that there's a Kawhi/Norm mom connection, I'm not sure I still want to trade him until at least after this year.

Comment

• No need of Bismack, he was however the perfect anchor for a Derozan led offense for sure.

Now that we dont have Demar, I dont mind staying put with Serge at this point unless there is a trade out there that is an upgrade.

Comment

• Biyombo is one of the most overrated players in Raptors lore.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Biyombo is one of the most overrated players in Raptors lore.
                            Showed up against Lebron in the playoffs... So maybe he does deserve the love.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Showed up against Lebron in the playoffs... So maybe he does deserve the love.
                              Definitely does, had a couple of nice moments the only time the Raptors actually won games vs Lebron in the playoffs.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Unless he’s available for Norm I’ll pass

Comment

Working...
                                X