Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    lol it might be. If we are ICEing the PnR then his ability to hedge is irrelevant.

OppFG% at the rim
    Biyombo is 49.1% - which ties him with David Lee, Amar'e and Matt Bonner. (Jonas is 46.5% while elite guys like Gobert and Ibaka clock in at 40% )

He doesn't get many steals.

I'm honestly expecting a Brandon Wright type impact (both had similar OppFG%, BPG and MPG) - solid but unspectacular.
    If Biyombo is solid but unspectacular, for a couple million bucks (considering what dudes are getting now) what more do you want?
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      If Biyombo is solid but unspectacular, for a couple million bucks (considering what dudes are getting now) what more do you want?
      Nothing. It's the declarations that he will be more than solid, the expectations beyond what he provides, that are the problem.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What Dan said.

DanH wrote: View Post
        Nothing. It's the declarations that he will be more than solid, the expectations beyond what he provides, that are the problem.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Very good at just a couple facets of the game is also worth a couple mil. Unfortunately "defensive C, limited offensively" has people actually pulling out comparos like Ben Wallace and Deandre Jordan in this thread.

BB will be helpful. I really like seeing some of the new guys coming of the bench and cranking up the defensive intensity.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Biyombo replaces Amir at C and defensively its not a huge upgrade. A healthy Amir was better

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Biyombo replaces Amir at C and defensively its not a huge upgrade. A healthy Amir was better
              Actually he's replacing Tyler Hansbrough at C.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Actually he's replacing Tyler Hansbrough at C.
                Hands only played late as Amir broke down.Late quarters it'll be JV or BB. Scola and BB replaces TH and Amir

Comment

Hands only played late as Amir broke down.Late quarters it'll be JV or BB. Scola and BB replaces TH and Amir
                  He got 13 mpg pre-allstar and 16 mpg post. He was still the 2nd unit's C all season (except Feb).

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits...ler-hansbrough

Comment

Biyombo replaces Amir at C and defensively its not a huge upgrade. A healthy Amir was better
                    Did you already forget that Amir was our starting PF, not center? Hansbrough had more than double the minutes at center than Amir. Hansbrough played 22% of the center minutes, Amir only played 9%. Biyombo should take up both of those getting roughly 30% of the center minutes. I agree with you Biyombo isn't a huge upgrade over Amir defensively, but he's still an upgrade. He's also a huge upgrade over Hansbrough defensively. Backup center will be much much much stronger defensively this year as opposed to last.

Comment

He got 13 mpg pre-allstar and 16 mpg post. He was still the 2nd unit's C all season (except Feb).

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits...ler-hansbrough
                      Or PF depending on how you view 2Pats. Late in games Casey has to go with JV Scola or BB defensively. Whoever that is replaced Amir

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Did you already forget that Amir was our starting PF, not center? Hansbrough had more than double the minutes at center than Amir. Hansbrough played 22% of the center minutes, Amir only played 9%. Biyombo should take up both of those getting roughly 30% of the center minutes. I agree with you Biyombo isn't a huge upgrade over Amir defensively, but he's still an upgrade. He's also a huge upgrade over Hansbrough defensively. Backup center will be much much much stronger defensively this year as opposed to last.
                        He started as the PF but late in game he was the C especially the year before.

Comment

Or PF depending on how you view 2Pats. Late in games Casey has to go with JV Scola or BB defensively. Whoever that is replaced Amir
                          I dont, or didn't, think anyone would call PP, a stretch 4, a centre in that system.

Comment

He started as the PF but late in game he was the C especially the year before.
                            So the question becomes, who replaces Amir as the 4th quarter centre?

I can almost guarantee that it won't be BB. It'll probably be some combo of Jonas and Scola.

Comment

So the question becomes, who replaces Amir as the 4th quarter centre?

I can almost guarantee that it won't be BB. It'll probably be some combo of Jonas and Scola.
                              It's Jonas' job to lose but can't imagine closing games with 2Pats and Scola if JV gets benched

Comment

I dont, or didn't, think anyone would call PP, a stretch 4, a centre in that system.
                                Defensively its a toss up but they did play 4+1 with 2Pats at the C more than once

Comment

Working...
                                X