Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    I refuse to concede that this 24-year-old cannot learn to make a lay-up. Or a 3-foot basket. I'd be delirious with that, given his other gifts (excellent motor and crazy athleticism and commitment to the cause).

So I'd like to see him keep trying. But not at crunch-time, necessarily. And dunking? Dunking is good.

(Love the quotations )
    I generally tend to agree, but the only progress that he has made over the last 4 years is turning his hands from BRICKS to bricks, if you understand what I'm saying.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      I generally tend to agree, but the only progress that he has made over the last 4 years is turning his hands from BRICKS to bricks, if you understand what I'm saying.
      And that was with a Catching Coach down in Charlotte.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Damn, loving Biz so far. If he can just make 1 or 2 more of those bunnies per game, he'd be golden

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
          Damn, loving Biz so far. If he can just make 1 or 2 more of those bunnies per game, he'd be golden
          I wouldn't hold out hope.

It's not like his shots are simply rimming out. He's bricking 3 foot gimmies pretty horrendously. He just doesn't have the dexterity/feel for the ball. It shouldn't take 4+ years to learn something any pre-teen can pick up in a few hours.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't hold out hope.

It's not like his shots are simply rimming out. He's bricking 3 foot gimmies pretty horrendously. He just doesn't have the dexterity/feel for the ball. It shouldn't take 4+ years to learn something any pre-teen can pick up in a few hours.
            He airballed either a dunk or a lay up last night (I couldn't tell what that was). I had no words for that.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              He airballed either a dunk or a lay up last night (I couldn't tell what that was). I had no words for that.
              Honestly might be worst FGA in NBA history.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Thanks for this.

Between 1:00 and 1:10 there s a moment where he talks about how some guys want to look tough for the TV cameras, but he says "Nobody's gonna punk me ... " and then he looks down, pauses, smiles, and looks like he 's actually imagining Russell Westbrook trying to pull his shit on the streets of Kinshasa, in the DRC.

This guy says all the right things, sure. But his calm, humour, perspective and humility are impressive. He's come to play ... but he ain't playin', yo'! You think DeMarre Carroll is a real-deal character boost? I sure do. But "The Biz" is yet another. Inspirational.

Much love for this guy ... And I like our team, too.
                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Nov 5, 2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Drtg is at 97, even lower than the 99 he'd been posting in Charlotte.

Comment

• How long would you wait to see his "hands" improve - even a little bit (more dunks + layups ... and maybe semi- reasonable shooting from within 3-5 feet).

I'd happily offer him a couple of years at 4 or 5, if he'd do it.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                      How long would you wait to see his "hands" improve - even a little bit (more dunks + layups ... and maybe semi- reasonable shooting from within 3-5 feet).

I'd happily offer him a couple of years at 4 or 5, if he'd do it.
                      But I don't really know what you're looking for to happen. He has bad hands and always had. They even had him work with a catching coach. How are his hands going to get better? He just has terrible touch. If repetition hasn't helped by now I'm not sure you ever see a noteworthy improvement. You don't need 10,000 reps to be able to catch balls decently or not have the ball fly out of your hands when you go up for an uncontested layup/dunk.

Comment

• Biyombo has that Oakley like toughness. I love it.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• so I found myself on the 3pt line wide open a lot on my league team. so in a huddle I mentioned that "hey guys, I'm wide open on the baseline, my guy is practically in the paint".

To which I was told, "there is a reason you are wide open there. that's not a good shot for you to take."

I think the moral of this story is evident
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            But I don't really know what you're looking for to happen. He has bad hands and always had. They even had him work with a catching coach. How are his hands going to get better? He just has terrible touch. If repetition hasn't helped by now I'm not sure you ever see a noteworthy improvement. You don't need 10,000 reps to be able to catch balls decently or not have the ball fly out of your hands when you go up for an uncontested layup/dunk.
                            But it's not like he goes to the free-throw line and the ball goes ... sideways! Admittedly, I don't know why the easiest shots are so hard for him. And my saying "He must be able to improve! He must!" is a lot like refusing to admit the existence of bacteria (cuz I can't see any).

I'm just saying that, as ignorant as I am of any clear reason why he can't ( a nervous condition? Slight inner-ear balance problem?) the prospect of him putting in the easy ones is so tantalizing that I'd be next in line to pay (something) to have a go at solving this particular riddle.
                            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Nov 5, 2015, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Biyombo has that Oakley like toughness. I love it.
                              If only he had even 1/10th of Oak's hands....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                If only he had even 1/10th of Oak's hands....
                                You knew his hands were bad...but you just don't fully fathom it until you see it yourself.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X