Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    22 mins is big minutes now?
    For a bench role player, yes. When the superior starter is only getting 28, hell yes.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Source?
      Oops. That was true pre-JV injury.

Now he's third worst, behind Scola and Carroll (and tied with DD).

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...gular%20Season
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Looking at RPM, Bismack ranks 20th among C's and 32nd overall defensively at +2.52.

His offensive RPM is brutal though, ranking 419 of 422 NBA players at -4.19. Only Mudiay, Okafor and Noel come up as worse.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Oops. That was true pre-JV injury.

Now he's third worst, behind Scola and Carroll (and tied with DD).

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...gular%20Season
          I'm not going to trust any stat that say Carroll and Biyombo are the worst defenders on the team. When their obviously the two best on the team.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm not going to trust any stat that say Carroll and Biyombo are the worst defenders on the team. When their obviously the two best on the team.
            Carroll hasn't been that good this year.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Lol. Yeah of course, don't trust stats...Especially from the official NBA site.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                Lol. Yeah of course, don't trust stats...Especially from the official NBA site.
                I've said this before. I don't like advance stats. They can be used to fit any narrative. Much rather eye test. The eye test says that BB and Carroll are our best defenders. If your going to let a stat tell you that BB and Carroll are the worse on D for us than that's good for you.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Carroll when healthy is our best defender - but he's not been healthy very much. He's been getting beat a LOT due to his bum feet/legs this year.

My eye test disagrees with your eye test vis a vis Biyombo.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

My eye test disagrees with your eye test vis a vis basketball.
                    Fixed.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I've said this before. I don't like advance stats. They can be used to fit any narrative. Much rather eye test. The eye test says that BB and Carroll are our best defenders. If your going to let a stat tell you that BB and Carroll are the worse on D for us than that's good for you.
                      Yeah and my eye test tells me Carroll was decent at the beginning of the season, got injured, played injured, got worse and then injured his knee. And Biyombo imo, isn't that great of a defender, just a good shot blocker/rebounder.

Comment

• Yea Carroll's D hasn't been good this season. I have said that from the beginning. It isn't Demar bad or anything but he does get beat way too much for my liking. Also Biz isn't the greatest defender overall but he really does alter a lot of shots in the paint and scare guys from coming inside. Some of the blocks he had last night were crazy. And his rebounding is next level right now. He has really done the best he could do with how limited he is. I have been nothing but impressed. But anyone who thinks him and JV should be splitting minutes is crazy. Especially since JV's D has been so good this season since we started icing the pnr
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• BB has earned 20+ mins a game. This team would of been lost without him these last 17 games.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Not sure what the debate is really about here....

JV averages just over 27 minutes per game this year. So let's assume he'll play 28-30 minutes per game and Biz will play the remainder (18-20 mins).

Simple.

Pretty much in line with what everyone is expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

... Bismack's on-off numbers are very, very bad, on both ends.

I wouldn't draw much conclusion from a sample of 5 or 6 games - it is a season long trend and the last few games are just a continuation of it - Bismack does well enough for his skill set, puts up very solid individual numbers, and is still the biggest weak link on the team - which is no surprise, he's not a starting caliber C, though he's a very nice backup (which is what we signed him to do).
                              Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Guy just dominating on D right now. You can tell every player was looking where he was when they were around the rim. The kid is only 23. He can still get better. His just scratching the surface of his potential right now.
                              Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              17 games as a starter(has started more game than JV now). 11-6 in that span. Raptors would of been lost without this guy. ...
                              I guess these three posts, together (plus Puffer's) tell the tale. I can't synthesize it any more than you guys have. But would add that he's truly been overworked; our back-up has, himself, had no back-up - so it's hard to game-plan for him with JV out. And he he is young ... and we have done well with him "stepping-up" ... Thanks, Biz!
                              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sun Dec 27, 2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                Oh look, the "respect the record" rhetoric is coming back.
                                I get that we should be cautious about inferring things from a dazzling record (because of last year). But things like a team (and coach's) record are still - nonetheless - relevant and fair points to mention (and discuss) are they not?

Comment

Working...
                                X