Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Cause Kyrie is a proven all-star. That's not a good comparison. All JV has proven is that his a capable starter.
    Mo Williams is a former allstar

Comment

• I gotta hand it to Chr1s1anL . He keeps conversations alive. I mean, how else could this thread get past 15 posts?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I gotta hand it to Chr1s1anL . He keeps conversations alive. I mean, how else could this thread get past 15 posts?
        When you suggest a trade as ridiculous as JV for Gallo, its hard not to post.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          When you suggest a trade as ridiculous as JV for Gallo, its hard not to post.
          Worse trades have happened in real life. Dirk for Robert Traylor comes to mind, lol.

Comment

If one of Kyle/DD is being double teamed there are two other shooters/play makers wide open.
            You're math, doesn't quite seem to work out. If one of them is doubled, that means one person is going to be open. That one person isn't actually a shooter or a playmaker though, because its BB...

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
              Yea, it's a great lineup that comes out and played... 25 minutes is it?

So to me I look at that and i see a lineup that is being used efficiently in small doses. Over 82 games I dont think you can run something like that and not have it collapse with the additional pressure on KL/Cojo/DD/DC/BB

Like I said, BB is a great piece off the bench. He is going to come in and muck up what the other team wants to do. The hope is that while they're trying to figure out how to adapt you can have the KL/Cojo combo go off and dominate our offense. (Because they are really good together)

I just don't think our team can handle the pressure of 82 games of BB with Starters minutes. I mean you could start him, but I don't wont want any more than 20 minutes at most out of him if I don't need it
              That's why I said it all depends on how well they play in these next 15 games. If that line up can keep up an Offrtg 118 and Defrtg of 78. You have to start considering some things. I myself don't know if they can but, if they do that's damn good.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Rim protection does not solely define defense.
                It doesn't but, I don't see a single category where JV would be better than BB at.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Worse trades have happened in real life. Dirk for Robert Traylor comes to mind, lol.
                  True. I prefer to not see JV turn into a 20 and 12 player while we're stuck with Gallo shooting 40%.

Comment

It doesn't but, I don't see a single category where JV would be better than BB at.
                    I'd actually suggest looking then. There are a LOT of categories that have effectively proven this but I don't think actual statistics, the eye test or ... well anything, is going to change your mind on getting rid of JV so I don't think it actually matters at this point.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      the fact that people are advocating trading JV and starting biyombo is a pretty major indictment of the basketball IQ on this forum.
                      Yup.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Blocks are a pretty pointless stat and tell very little about defensive contributions (not that blocks aren't a good thing, but they don't tell the story at all defensively). Biyombo aggressively goes after blocks. This can lead to fouls, or being overaggressive leaving his man open. He also has to block with athleticism since he's shorter, which generally puts you at higher risk of fouling. Also, despite being a solid 6'9'', he's still just 6'9'' and bigger guys can push over/through him when they're deep in the post. The value he brings on D is beyond overrated.

He's not a starting C in this league. He's not nearly good enough defensively to offset all the problems in his game, including some even on that end.
                        He might be 6'9" but, he has a 7'6" wingspan. His also pretty strong guy too. I rarely see him get pushed around. I'm basing all of this off a small sample size of 4 games but, what if he can keep this up?
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He might be 6'9" but, he has a 7'6" wingspan. His also pretty strong guy too. I rarely see him get pushed around. I'm basing all of this off a small sample size of 4 games but, what if he can keep this up?
                          So you want to trade JV on the basis of "if"...Thank god you're not a GM.

Comment

Then he can feel safe in his role as back-up C vs Bebe for the rest of the season.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                              You're math, doesn't quite seem to work out. If one of them is doubled, that means one person is going to be open. That one person isn't actually a shooter or a playmaker though, because its BB...
                              It depends where your sending you double from. Not all teams send a big to double.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                So you want to trade JV on the basis of "if"...Thank god you're not a GM.
                                JV can only be traded in the summer time so by than it wouldn't be a "if".
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X