Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Disagree, I don't think JV's and BB's rim protection is just a moderate difference
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Yes, but its not like JV is an iron man this will be second time in 4 years where he doesn't play 80 games.
      It will be the 2nd time he has a minorish injury, and it's on his non-shooting hand, and he's basically never had foot, knee or back problems, which is generally all you worry about.

Like holy fuck, comparing JV's extremely minor freak injuries to Gallo's terrible back and knees...do you even realize how far from objective you come off?

Comment

Scola is a better rebounder no questioning that but, you guys wanted to start 2pat who is probably on par with Gallo.
        I don't want to start either of them. We lack a starting PF, but the answer is not giving up assets for Gallinari.

Comment

• Lol considering how badly this guy wants jv off our team, you'd think jv killed his cat or something.

I think Christian is Dwayne Casey's account.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            It will be the 2nd time he has a minorish injury, and it's on his non-shooting hand, and he's basically never had foot, knee or back problems, which is generally all you worry about.

Like holy fuck, comparing JV's extremely minor freak injuries to Gallo's terrible back and knees...do you even realize how far from objective you come off?
            He wants JV gone at all costs so his Boy Biz can start lmao you think he's gonna be objective?
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Lol considering how badly this guy wants jv off our team, you'd think jv killed his cat or something.

I think Christian is Dwayne Casey's account.
              Probably the same cat DD saved.

Comment

KL/Cojo/DD/DC/BB line up has an Offrtg of 118....
                Yea, it's a great lineup that comes out and played... 25 minutes is it?

So to me I look at that and i see a lineup that is being used efficiently in small doses. Over 82 games I dont think you can run something like that and not have it collapse with the additional pressure on KL/Cojo/DD/DC/BB

Like I said, BB is a great piece off the bench. He is going to come in and muck up what the other team wants to do. The hope is that while they're trying to figure out how to adapt you can have the KL/Cojo combo go off and dominate our offense. (Because they are really good together)

I just don't think our team can handle the pressure of 82 games of BB with Starters minutes. I mean you could start him, but I don't wont want any more than 20 minutes at most out of him if I don't need it

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  The Cavs have 3 elite offensive weapons including (I guess arguably now with the way Curry has exploded) the best player in the league. We have 1 in Lowry and DeMar is a tier below Love and Kyrie as a weapon because he's not efficient like they are. Not the same situation at all.

And you saw in the finals when the Cavs got reduced to one offensive weapon (LeBron) they struggled mightily to score buckets.
                  That's why I think if you get Gallo you add another pretty good offensive weapon.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Check out nylons rim protection stats from last year. Jv is up there in points saved. A much better sample size.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Disagree, I don't think JV's and BB's rim protection is just a moderate difference
                      Rim protection does not solely define defense.

Comment

That's why I think if you get Gallo you add another pretty good offensive weapon.
                        He is shooting 38% FG...Nice offensive weapon. I prefer not to have another low efficiency player, especially for a big man who was second in FG% last season.

Comment

He rebounds and blocks shots at a starter level. I feel if you have skilled player all around him than you don't need him to do anything else.
                          Blocks are a pretty pointless stat and tell very little about defensive contributions (not that blocks aren't a good thing, but they don't tell the story at all defensively). Biyombo aggressively goes after blocks. This can lead to fouls, or being overaggressive leaving his man open. He also has to block with athleticism since he's shorter, which generally puts you at higher risk of fouling. Also, despite being a solid 6'9'', he's still just 6'9'' and bigger guys can push over/through him when they're deep in the post. The value he brings on D is beyond overrated.

He's not a starting C in this league. He's not nearly good enough defensively to offset all the problems in his game, including some even on that end.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            He wants JV gone at all costs so his Boy Biz can start lmao you think he's gonna be objective?
                            He's Snooch from parallel universe.
                            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              The problem I see developing over the long-term, if Biyombo remains a starter, is that it will essentially force the Raptors to rely on ISO-ball offensively (which is already their fall-ball option). Playing 4-on-5 offensively, where Lowry/DeRozan will constantly face double-teams and a packed lane, really limits the team's ability to pass. The only way I see the ball moving at all is via drive-and-kicks, which would put even more pressure on the 3pt shooters.

An ISO-based offense that relies on high % 3pt shooting and refs bailing out players on forced dribble-drives into multiple defenders, is exactly the type of offense that failed the Raptors last season in the playoffs.

Biyombo's offensive limitations only exacerbate the team's biggest problem, which is definitely not a recipe for success.
                              If one of Kyle/DD is being double teamed there are two other shooters/play makers wide open.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                                Check out nylons rim protection stats from last year. Jv is up there in points saved. A much better sample size.
                                Yup and JV allowed a less % at the rim then Biz. But since JV doesn't emphatically block shots into the 10th row he must suck at the rim on D
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X