No announcement yet.

Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's really hard to understand how it came to this point with Bennett. But hey, if he can turn it around then good for both parties. If not, we don't really lose anything.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      You are seriously underestimating (overestimating?) the one and only Dwane Casey.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

You are seriously underestimating (overestimating?) the one and only Dwane Casey.
        I don't know, he loved his hockey-lineups last season, and those are the only ones that make sense - unless you can get AB 2.0 in there. Not to say that he's not adaptable

Comment

• Lets play Bennett at the 3, and then close are eyes...and wait. MAGIC

Comment

Also, what else is there? I guess he could theoretically see his "best 5" as Lowry/Cory/DeMar/Carroll/Scola or something weird like that, but otherwise I'm seeing pretty traditional lineups acomin'.

Comment

• I hope we get AB dude never got a good chance due to injuries, weight, bad environment etc. Signing him is a win win really. If he doesn't produce not really an issue.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I like the Larry Johnson comparisons a lot.

Worst Case Scenario .. Anthony Bennett remains the same Anthony Bennett all the critics expect him to be.
                Doesn't seem like a guy who's prepared to mope, though, huh? A man on the move ... and a Team Canada thang, no?!

I think this franchise, as an entity, is starting to develop a serious case of "new car smell".
                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Sep 25, 2015, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                  Doesn't seem like a guy who's prepared to mope, though, huh? A man on the move ... and Team Canada thang, no?!

I think this franchise, as an entity, is starting to develop a serious case of "new car smell".
                  That's the other beautiful angle of this trade! Signing the minimum deal to go home and #ProveEm? There's some motivation there.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    AB gets a chance to learn from Scola and 2Pats. In a way he is a combination of both
                    Nice point.

Comment

• We're halfway there..

https://youtu.be/n923RRkacxI

Not sure where "there" is but you can't deny something is happening. They may be small moves but they symbolize something we haven't seen before. The Raps paid a lot for CoJo but other teams would have done the same and his first choice was here. Bennett could have gone anywhere for the minimum once he cashed his cheque from Minny. I bet a third of the teams in the league would take a flyer on him for the league minimum. He chose here. He may not amount to anything but don't underestimate the fact that the home town kids want to play for the Raptors.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        https://youtu.be/n923RRkacxI

Not sure where "there" is but you can't deny something is happening. They may be small moves but they symbolize something we haven't seen before. The Raps paid a lot for CoJo but other teams would have done the same and his first choice was here. Bennett could have gone anywhere for the minimum once he cashed his cheque from Minny. I bet a third of the teams in the league would take a flyer on him for the league minimum. He chose here. He may not amount to anything but don't underestimate the fact that the home town kids want to play for the Raptors.
                        Amen. I'm surprised there isn't more buzz here (I blame Twitter, reddit maybe?), but to me, this really puts the ultimate stamp on such a beautiful offseason for Masai. There IS something going on here - so many assets, and a window that is only just starting to open.

As Raptor fans, we've never seen anything like this. We have never been close to fully stocked
                        with players and prospect. Now we are, and more to the point it feels like a good mix. That all falls apart (oh noes another lottery pick) if DeMar and Lowry are shells of their former selves.

Hell, even if they did it feels like we've got MORE than enough to compensate. How fucked is that?

I can't wait to see how it turns out, for Bennett and this organization. This could be a very special time for all of us.
                        Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Fri Sep 25, 2015, 11:24 PM.

Comment

It would make no sense for Bennett to sign for two years - even if it was guaranteed and not a team option that would be a coup for Masai on the off chance he improves this year. Bennett took the buyout to go sign a one year deal to prove himself and try to get a bigger deal in 2016. Masai getting two years locked in would be as surprising as getting JV to sign a sub-Kanter extension or trading Vasquez or Bargnani for multiple picks.

So, yeah, it'll probably happen.
                          I'm going to go out on a limb and say he signs for two years. Maybe with a mutual third-year option.

Which would be irrational, as you suggest, Dan (in a way). But I can see Toronto wanting to make it clear that we are "banking" on a future for AB here. And AB wanting to enter in to the same kind of understanding with his "homies". Hey, LeBron ain't the only 1st overall that can go home, right?

So: $950K - 2015 / $1.8M (+/-) 2016.

Beyond that ... maybe a mutual option for ... $5M? Or just hope to renegotiate ... hopefully for some pretty big dollars.

And they could have signed a 1-yr deal pretty quickly, if that's all they're after, right?

Basically, I think they're going to go off somewhere and work out some understandings ... and then "make-out".

Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Sep 25, 2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                            I'm going to go out on a limb and say he signs for two years. Maybe with a mutual third-year option.

Which would be irrational, as you suggest, Dan (in a way). But I can see Toronto wanting to make it clear that we are "banking" on a future for AB here. And AB wanting to enter in to the same kind of understanding with his "homies". Hey, LeBron ain't the only 1st overall that can go home, right?

So: $950K - 2015 / $1.8M (+/-) 2016.

Beyond that ... maybe a mutual option for ... $5M? Or just hope to renegotiate ... hopefully for some pretty big dollars.

And they could have signed a 1-yr deal pretty quickly, if that's all they're after, right?

Basically, I think they're going to go off somewhere and work out some understandings ... and then "make-out".

That's just another mill that needs to be shaved if Masai has to go for max-contract space.

Comment

• OK. I'm obviously PUMPED!

But if Bennett can show us anything to dream on this year (and it seems he took about 5 minutes to decide to give back some millions, pack it up and come home, right? Motivated? - Hell, yeah!)

... Then can anyone else see us working the draft and our picks/assets to go hard for Jamal Murray in the next draft?

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                                Bruno is probably still a year away from any minutes with the big boys, I see him being fixed as the face of the 905. as much as I love JJ (I think he should be starting PF) he's in Casey's bad books, on an expiring contract and unlikely to be re-signed. Scola is on a 36yr old vet on a 1 yr deal...both JJ & Scola are prime mid-season trade candidates to me. If Bennett shows some some form of improved game and role on the court, with the long term value he represents, wouldn't be surprised to see JJ & Scola moved to open up minutes.
                                Advice for Bennett: make Scola your fictional Uncle and learn EVERYTHING FROM HIM

Comment

Working...
                                X