No announcement yet.

Everything Jared Sullinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope Lowry can reach Sully. I feel like Lowry was in the same situation when he got here 4 years ago. I wonder if Masai had a talk with him like he did with Lowry.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Lowry can't carry the team as the main man (with no 1B option) for an entire season. He did it for a month (and what a great month that was) but broke down completely afterwards. That's why George is on a different level, and what I think golden's point was.
      That means George is a different player, not a better one. Nash couldn't carry a heavy offensive load. Chris Paul can't carry a heavy offensive load. That doesn't make them inferior players. It makes them different players. Carrying heavy offensive loads is not the only judge of offence, just like individual one on one defence is not the only way to judge defence.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        That means George is a different player, not a better one. Nash couldn't carry a heavy offensive load. Chris Paul can't carry a heavy offensive load. That doesn't make them inferior players. It makes them different players. Carrying heavy offensive loads is not the only judge of offence, just like individual one on one defence is not the only way to judge defence.
        Uh Nash and Paul could definitely carry offensive loads in their primes. And it's not just about offense. George carries his team defensively too. The only other players that comes to mind as the team's clear best scorer and defender: LeBron, Anthony Davis.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          This Sullinger thread is one of the most interesting going. Lots of discussion, lots of info and no wild spinning off into "You Suck!"
          you suck!
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

What on earth are you talking about? During Nash's heyday in Phoenix, the Suns were 1st in Offensive Efficiency from the 04-05 season to the 08-09 season while concurrently leading the league in Eff FG% and TS%. Nash also led the league in assists and assists per 48 from the 04-05 year to 06-07. I'd say he can carry an offensive load quite effectively.

Chris Paul is an perennial All-Star, All-NBA Team, All-NBA Defense guy, on top of orchestrating the Clipper offense, which hasn't been outside of the top 6 per Offensive Efficiency since he arrived in the 11-12 season, and led the league in 13-14 and 14-15. I'd say that he can carry a heavy offensive load quite effectively as well.

We get that you're going to cape for Lowry no matter what, but this is becoming ridiculous. Lowry has been great for the Raptors. That does not put him on par with the likes of Nash and CP3, both of whom are headed to the Hall of Fame, or Paul George, who can carry his team without his body giving out on him in a matter of months like Lowry's does. He is the best the Raptors have, but he's not on equal footing with stars/superstars that can handle more and survive the strain it puts on them.
            Last edited by Sinbad; Sat Jul 30, 2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
              What on earth are you talking about? During Nash's heyday in Phoenix, the Suns were 1st in Offensive Efficiency from the 04-05 season to the 08-09 season while concurrently leading the league in Eff FG% and TS%. Nash also led the league in assists and assists per 48 from the 04-05 year to 06-07. I'd say he can carry an offensive load quite effectively.

Chris Paul is an perennial All-Star, All-NBA Team, All-NBA Defense guy, on top of orchestrating the Clipper offense, which hasn't been outside of the top 6 per Offensive Efficiency since he arrived in the 11-12 season, and led the league in 13-14 and 14-15. I'd say that he can carry a heavy offensive load quite effectively as well.

We get that you're going to cape for Lowry no matter what, but this is becoming ridiculous. Lowry has been great for the Raptors. That does not put him on par with the likes of Nash and CP3, both of whom are headed to the Hall of Fame, or Paul George, who can carry his team without his body giving out on him in a matter of months like Lowry's does. He is the best the Raptors have, but he's not on equal footing with stars/superstars that can handle more and survive the strain it puts on them.
              DanH isn't totally wrong. Nash and Paul couldn't carry offensive loads in the sense that they won't score 30+ points. They're terrific leaders and playmakers. Those 2 guys had as big a part in carrying the offensive load as Stoudemire and Griffin. They can't do it themselves like Lebron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook or even George could.

As for Lowry being able to carry the load offensively, he can, but he can't do it consistently and he can't sustain it.

Comment

• Nash could've easily been a 20 ppg scorer if he took more shots (2 or 3 more per game), he was so efficient. Paul has actually led his team in scoring two different seasons with the Hornets (scoring 21 and 22 a game).

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Nash could've easily been a 20 ppg scorer if he took more shots (2 or 3 more per game), he was so efficient. Paul has actually led his team in scoring two different seasons with the Hornets (scoring 21 and 22 a game).
                  Nash was criticized for being to unselfish by Mark Price the fellow he originally patterned his game after when he lost his string of mvp's to dirk I believe he was scoring 19.2 and still assisting over 10 per game.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    DanH isn't totally wrong. Nash and Paul couldn't carry offensive loads in the sense that they won't score 30+ points. They're terrific leaders and playmakers. Those 2 guys had as big a part in carrying the offensive load as Stoudemire and Griffin. They can't do it themselves like Lebron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook or even George could.

As for Lowry being able to carry the load offensively, he can, but he can't do it consistently and he can't sustain it.
                    The only guy out of KD, westbrook,curry and lebron to carry a high load at good competition is lebron the year they lost to the warriors and some of his pre Mami years with the cav's

Comment

• Guys, both Nash and Paul have traditionally carried low scoring usage rates. If we're going to look at scoring plus assist rates, then Lowry already carries a bigger portion of his team's offence than George does. Nowhere did I say Lowry was on Nash or Paul's level. He's just at George's level, roughly.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Guys, both Nash and Paul have traditionally carried low scoring usage rates. If we're going to look at scoring plus assist rates, then Lowry already carries a bigger portion of his team's offence than George does. Nowhere did I say Lowry was on Nash or Paul's level. He's just at George's level, roughly.
                        Dan if you could have one or the other, who would you pick? And let's say the team fits them both equally.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                          Dan if you could have one or the other, who would you pick? And let's say the team fits them both equally.
                          Paul George. He's younger, and locked into a longer term deal.

Probably Paul George by a hair all other things being equal too, but only by a hair.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Paul George. He's younger, and locked into a longer term deal.

Probably Paul George by a hair all other things being equal too, but only by a hair.
                            This argument is really hard for me because I hear what you are saying Dan H. But I truly do think that George's ability to show up and play at a very high level offensively and defensively in the playoffs almost to the point that he was unstoppable to me is a big indicator that he is better than Kyle. Kyle is a very good offensive and defensive player when he's healthy and playing well but we have all seen time and time again that he can never keep it up. He almost always breaks down at some point and our team relies on him too much to afford that. I think the question here is, does not being as fit equate to not being as good? Which you think it does not while others think it does. It's a hard one because Kyle is definitely on Paul George's level when he is healthy and playing well no question. Just watch the Cleveland game during the regular season where he single handedly won us that game. We saw he could play at a VERY high level without Demar aka a legit second option just like Paul. He just couldn't do it for a long period of time because he isn't as fit as Paul. The only thing holding Lowry is his fitness in my eyes. Agreeing to disagree is the only thing that can be done here because those who think better fitness means you are the better player won't change their mind about that and vice versa.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• forgot this as well

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Sully ranked 33rd in Real Plus-Minus. Ahead of John Wall, Dirk and Kemba. I know a lot of you like that stat.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X