Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Didn't Lowry go through the same thing where his mechanic was off at one point during one of his slumps? Kind of interesting how it happens.

When players start talking about a lot going on and keeping it professional when speaking about a slump it makes me wonder if the issue(s) are on court related or not.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

When players start talking about a lot going on and keeping it professional when speaking about a slump it makes me wonder if the issue(s) are on court related or not.
      Could be personal stuff going on. They are human. We as fans just see what's on the surface.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Could be personal stuff going on. They are human. We as fans just see what's on the surface.
        Yup, fans get to bash players without ever having all the facts and it’s accepted. But oh man if players want to get every last dollar they can…

Comment

Yup, fans get to bash players without ever having all the facts and it’s accepted. But oh man if players want to get every last dollar they can…
          Part of being professionals, eliminate all the noise. Brady mantra.

Comment

I think it's more than clear he's saying there non-basketball stuff going on. Could just be COVID and injuries, could be more personal.
            "There's a lot going on. I mean, like, a lot going on all across the board.. There's definitely a lot of reasons for the situation I'm in"

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think it's more than clear he's saying there non-basketball stuff going on. Could just be COVID and injuries, could be more personal.
              "There's a lot going on. I mean, like, a lot going on all across the board.. There's definitely a lot of reasons for the situation I'm in"
              I think Fred means that there's a lot going on... physically. The man is as solid as they come, off the court. From the RR front page:

Fred VanVleet has not been himself for a long time.

To recap, on Feb. 14 of last season, VanVleet injured his knee against the New Orleans Pelicans. From that point forward, he played in only 15 games while sitting for 10. And when he did play, his 3-point shot -- which to that point had been in some ways superior to Steph Curry's -- plummeted. He shot 29.1 percent from deep after connecting on 40.1 percent prior to the injury. He shot 33.3 percent from deep in the playoffs before sitting with injury. And this season, he has connected on 34.8 percent from deep.

We're a few months away from a full calendar year since VanVleet's injury and subsequent shooting slump. It's worth mentioning that VanVleet has a much longer history of success from behind the 3-point arc; before his injury, VanVleet shot 38.8 percent from three over his entire career. That accuracy on almost 2000 attempts is worth much more, as far as predictiveness, then the almost 300 triples he's attempted since. Slumps can last this long. But in combination with injury, it's concerning.

And VanVleet's knee injury against New Orleans last February is far from his only injury. He has a litany of wounds to virtually every component of his body, including those that would affect jumpers. The injuries could be related to Nick Nurse playing him so many minutes -- after virtually guaranteeing in preseason to play him fewer minutes, VanVleet again is in the top 10 in the league for minutes per game. Nurse stressed to media that playing VanVleet less was a priority. It hasn't been. But so too could VanVleet's injures be tied purely to his style of play, which involves an extreme amount of contact on both ends of the floor, despite him being one of the smaller bodies on the court. So many injuries take their toll on bodies. VanVleet would not be the first to see his career betrayed by his body.
              https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2022...m-to-be-great/

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think Fred means that there's a lot going on... physically. The man is as solid as they come, off the court. From the RR front page:
                I mean, we're just guessing but when he says "all across the board" I take it to mean broadened to perhaps outside of basbetball but who knows. And when he says "for the situation I'm in" why not just say shooting slump if that's what we're talking about? "Situation" again seems much broader. We've seen it with Demar and mental health, OG and his Dad, lots of players off for personal reasons. I'd bet that's part of it.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I mean, we're just guessing but when he says "all across the board" I take it to mean broadened to perhaps outside of basbetball but who knows. And when he says "for the situation I'm in" why not just say shooting slump if that's what we're talking about? "Situation" again seems much broader. We've seen it with Demar and mental health, OG and his Dad, lots of players off for personal reasons. I'd bet that's part of it.

There was also the part about staying "professional". That usually isn't something you throw in when talking about an injury.

To speculate entirely, "I keep it professional when the team asks me in a contract year to reduce my role" makes more sense.

Comment

• Lol..There is alot going on, yeah u suck.
                    Excuses, Excuses, Excuses...man..only losers talk like this. U could of said nothing, but it's gotta be about me.
                    Listen..if your playing hurt, than don't play, u haven't been well even when you're healthy..I think that's selfish, his making the team worse when his on the court.
                    Where is the coach, GM on this..why the f%$^ is he playing, is he worried about the bag, u ain't getting it, if this team ponies up, I will flip, Ball Hogg should be gone..
                    U guys all know I'm not fan of Garry Trent, but at least the kid says the right thing, now his shot selection I'm not fan of, but at least his trying 2 be team player.
                    Also, I'm confused..why did coach Nurse call out Barnes and Trent, which I'm ok with...but Ball Hogg Boy gets away with murder..
                    Thats why I keep harping about this, I hope u will realize it, until he is gone, this franchise will be what it is..mediocre..
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

There was also the part about staying "professional". That usually isn't something you throw in when talking about an injury.

To speculate entirely, "I keep it professional when the team asks me in a contract year to reduce my role" makes more sense.
                      Or keep it professional and not let personal issues spill over into the game

Comment

• fred just unfollowed the whole raptors team on social media

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, but there's no salary cap for Masai, so we don't have to dump Bobby Webster and Dan Tolzman and replace them with their G-League equivalents to keep the front office elite. MLSE does have a budget, yes, and Rogers Junior bitched about paying Masai, but still.... bad analogy.

Also, I don't think Masai got a real board seat. He got a faux title with no real extra boardroom power, if I recall correctly.
                          No the analogy is perfectly fine. MLSE has a budget and if Masai takes a smaller deal they can spend the difference to go over the cap. He didn't do that and neither should Fred.

I'm not sure about his power on the board, feel free to think he got played on that one if you want. Masai isn't an idiot and I really doubt it's a faux title with no power.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

No the analogy is perfectly fine. MLSE has a budget and if Masai takes a smaller deal they can spend the difference to go over the cap. He didn't do that and neither should Fred.

I'm not sure about his power on the board, feel free to think he got played on that one if you want. Masai isn't an idiot and I really doubt it's a faux title with no power.
                            Lol. Relax, bud. I’m a Masai stan and he was quoted as saying Vice Chairman was more of an honorary title, but it was very useful when dealing with power brokers…. especially for his Africa iniatives. It was a created title.

You are truly the master of straw-manning.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              fred just unfollowed the whole raptors team on social media
                              legit?

Comment

• I'm so out of the loop these days. Fred unfollowed the whole team? the hell's going on?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X