Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Fred was good, he's been trash this season.
    He's still the best on the team at getting guys into sets, and still the steadiest ball handler we have. His pick n' roll plays are coming along nicely with the addition of Jak as can be seen by the assist totals lately. His shooting and point of attack defense hasn't been great this season.

Comment

• Will Freddy's pulic rant backfire against the team?
      Doubtful in the short term as there will be official NBA eyes on the next game or two where Taylor refs the Raps. 100% guaranteed.

Longer term or or with different refs? Remains to be seen.
      After all he basically said 2 of every 3 refs at any game were incompetent or worse. That may have been the tactical mistake.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Fred was good, he's been trash this season.
        Has the highest EPM on the team, 92nd percentile in the league and 80th percentile or better on both ends. He's had a rough shooting year and his POA defence has taken a step back but trash is a rather strong word considering how impactful he has been overall.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• man if people think fred is trash on this team, wait till you see what the heat fans think of lowry lol

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
            Will Freddy's pulic rant backfire against the team?
            Doubtful in the short term as there will be official NBA eyes on the next game or two where Taylor refs the Raps. 100% guaranteed.

After all he basically said 2 of every 3 refs at any game were incompetent or worse. That may have been the tactical mistake.
            The next Ben Taylor reffed Raptors game will be interesting. As for backfiring in general, I don't think so. I'm sure many other players agree. Marcus Smart already gave his opinion.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              man if people think fred is trash on this team, wait till you see what the heat fans think of lowry lol
              They're spoiled. Lowry is shooting much better than Fred and playing better defense too.

I don't want Lowry back, just wanted to give an example of how bad Fred is playing.

Comment

Nah, people generally love being called out and humiliated in the media, especially referees. Means they give you more calls. Look at what a great whistle the Raps get from Nurse bitching at the refs for 99% of the game. Huge benefit to the team. If anything, Raps need to show up the refs even more.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Or just to get his frustrations about Ben Taylor out.

It was reported that Fred has 8 techs this season. Taylor T'd him up for 5 of those. Whether its a coincidence who knows.

Some players and media people are in agreement with Fred. Smart gave his approval.
                  Every player and teams should rally behind Fred here.
                  If all players and coaches and teams voice out their opinions of the refs, Silver will have no choice but to make more meaningful actions instead of scaring the league with fines.
                  Last edited by Kagemusha; Fri Mar 10, 2023, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I wonder why Fred did this.
                    To rally his troops?
                    Us against Silver's army?
                    I think he was just sick of Ben Taylors shit

Comment

• Was it not just a couple of days ago right after Scottie Barnes got ejected, the overreaction of this board is for him to stop the bitching and just play….

then Jesus moaned and the same people who overreacted were nowhere to be found

Comment

When he is gone and that if he is gone, the team will still be here. As you stated, what impact will it cause to the team. Fucking SELFISH.

I guess it’s not enough that his offense and most especially defense nosedived this season translated to team’s wins and losses

but he cannot help it to self-serve himself because he just wanted to burn the team with him leaving in a few months.

and this ain’t a narrative.

there is a fucking pattern with this guy

just go away already, team will be alright without you
                        Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Mar 10, 2023, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Maybe they need to add another ref. Extra set if eyes cant hurt

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Was it not just a couple of days ago right after Scottie Barnes got ejected, the overreaction of this board is for him to stop the bitching and just play….

then Jesus moaned and the same people who overreacted were nowhere to be found
                            They all need to shut up. Starting with, and especially, Nurse who sets the tone and is the biggest whiner on the court every night. I've been ranting about his nonsense backfiring for years but have been told it's actually a great benefit to the team or something. Looks to have worked wonders, doesn't it?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

They all need to shut up. Starting with, and especially, Nurse who sets the tone and is the biggest whiner on the court every night. I've been ranting about his nonsense backfiring for years but have been told it's actually a great benefit to the team or something. Looks to have worked wonders, doesn't it?
                              I appreciate the response.

Nurse has to set an example.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                                Maybe they need to add another ref. Extra set if eyes cant hurt
                                No. I'm convinced some of the issues come from the 3 officials where you get refs looking outside their zones and crews stepping on one another. The last thing the NBA needs is more whistles.

Comment

Working...
                                X