Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

And they won by a lot, so he was more of a positive than a negative. Sure it was the Hornets, but thats beside the point.

Mitchell had 40 points on the same night against the Pacers. He shot 3/9 from 3 and had 5 turnovers, should we critique him too?
    Mitchell was 14-25 from the field. If Fred shot like that I would be praising him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

How did he shoot from the field? Anywhere close to 40 out of 50?
      OK, good response. Stay with me now. If he shot well from the field, you would NOT consider the 1/8 from three to be slagworthy? Just trying to chase down the actual logic here.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Its more likely that the people who dismiss Fred's 20/20 game because its the Hornets would do that.
        It wasn't even the Hornets though. It was their bottom of bench guys.

20 assists is still impressive but if there was ever a chance to shoot well it was against those guys.

Fred gets another chance tonight. I have faith he can shoot nba average in this one.
        Last edited by Primer; Tue Apr 4, 2023, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Mitchell was 14-25 from the field. If Fred shot like that I would be praising him.
          And he had 1 assist and 5 turnovers that game. Fred had 20 assists and 2 turnovers and the Raptors also won by 20.

Why are you only looking at Fred's shot attempts? Isn't it the point to contribute as well as you can even when your shot is off or is it because you and the other people just want to find whatever you can to critique Fred on?

There is no other way this makes any logical sense.

Comment

And he had 1 assist and 5 turnovers that game. Fred had 20 assists and 2 turnovers and the Raptors also won by 20.

Why are you only looking at Fred's shot attempts? Isn't it the point to contribute as well as you can even when your shot is off or is it because you and the other people just want to find whatever you can to critique Fred on?

There is no other way this makes any logical sense.
            I am all for feeding the hot hand until he gets cold.
            40 shots, sure.

What l noticed with Fred vs CHA was how he was looking to pass. Strange isn't it?
            Like, since when did he play like that?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I am all for feeding the hot hand until he gets cold.
              40 shots, sure.

What l noticed with Fred vs CHA was how he was looking to pass. Strange isn't it?
              Like, since when did he play like that?
              Since Poeltl came here. Fred has been averaging 9+ assists. Helps having a big who can set screens and finish properly.

Comment

It wasn't even the Hornets though. It was their bottom of bench guys.

20 assists is still impressive but if there was ever a chance to shoot well it was against those guys.

Fred gets another chance tonight. I have faith he can shoot nba average in this one.
                Shooting percentages on jumpers have basically zero correlation with strength of opposition.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Since Poeltl came here. Fred has been averaging 9+ assists. Helps having a big who can set screens and finish properly.
                  Of the 20 asts versus CHA, ( only ) 3 were to Jak.
                  I watched the highlights again, and Hornets defense was horrible.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

OK, whoa. Let's say Fred scored 100 points on 40/50 shooting from the field plus some free throws, but it included going 1/8 from three. Slagworthy?

If the answer is no, even with a bunch of sarcasm piled on top that he did not in fact score 100 points, then clearly you accept there are performances that include poor shooting from long range (which is essentially a random number generator for even good shooters so it's going to happen).

Your position is that a franchise record setting assist game does not qualify for such an exception, which is quite the stance to take. Appreciate the dedication to the blind negativity.
                    Stats don't lie...
                    FV Fg shooting percentage is 39 percent this year..3pt shooting percentage is 34 percent, horrible.
                    This guy takes so many bad shots..our coach is total moron, his on FV D&%% and can't get off..
                    Imagine if the roles were reverse..
                    OG was getting 17 shots and FV 13 shots..
                    Maybe ppl should Check OG Numbers..
                    48 percent field goal percentage and 40 percent from 3....there is a reason why OG wants 2 leave, he can't stand playing with Fv....Do u guys watch the game???
                    Ask anyone in the league.
                    who is the most important Raptors..easy..OG..right behind Barnes, just bc the size, talent, young upcoming.
                    Anyway..
                    The day OG leaves and keep overhyped, overrated, selfish FV..u all gonna say, damn..we kept that and let OG go...
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Of the 20 asts versus CHA, ( only ) 3 were to Jak.
                      I watched the highlights again, and Hornets defense was horrible.
                      Of course, but even Poeltl's screens helps open up the floor a bit more for others. For example, Poeltl sets a screen and rolls, Pascal's guy has to slide over to help and Pascal is open.

Itt also helps we were playing the Hornets.

It isnt just this game, Fred has been passing pretty well since Poeltl got here.

Comment

• Fred’s offensive production is fine. Above average ORTG (117 vs 114.8) at above average USG (23.3 vs 20). The only questions are: (1) at what future price? (2) how does he help Scottie reach his full potential?

Comment

Of course, but even Poeltl's screens helps open up the floor a bit more for others. For example, Poeltl sets a screen and rolls, Pascal's guy has to slide over to help and Pascal is open.

Itt also helps we were playing the Hornets.

It isnt just this game, Fred has been passing pretty well since Poeltl got here.
                          Jakob’s ability to immediately pass to OG in the opposite corner, out of the PnR, is Gasol’esque. That’s a very underrated skill of his that’s opening up the floor, east-west. Jakob turns the PnR into much more than a 2 man game and he can also hit cutters.

Comment

Interesting. So your position is if we were to let Fred walk, we would place above 4th in the East?
                            God I hate when you try to be glib and put words into other's mouths.

What I was OK with was more of a rebuild than we're doing, a step back to get better if necessary, not treadmilling through a few years of 4-6 place finishes in the East and out in the first or 2nd round as an absolute high water mark. Not running it back for another year perhaps slightly better than this mess thanks to Jak and Otto.

I'd hoped the route to better was to trade Fred for a first and young players or picks and hand the short term keys to Scottie. He was supposed to be the most likely to return high value, we were told they were lining up and the phone was ringing off the hook. But evidently, no other GM agrees with the value floated around here.

I'd sooner step back with a brighter future than a better but meh team. I embrace "play-in for what?" as more than a marketing slogan.

Comment

Shooting percentages on jumpers have basically zero correlation with strength of opposition.
                              What kind of shooting does have correlation with strength of opposition?

I assumed all but would like to hear this take.

Comment

• seems similar its odd

Comment

Working...
                                X