Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not bad at all.

Comment

• What are the odds Serge comes back more effective than last season? They got 20 some games to integrate him into the system. A culture reset might mean a different system. Serge gets a chance to start working out with the team from day 1 and the team knows what he can do and so has an opportunity to maximize his capabilities within the flow of the rest of the guys. DeMar, Serge and Kyle (assuming he re-signs) need to dedicate themselves to the system this season.

I think the Raps can improve on last year.

Comment

• Very nice. They are really aiming for the short term here, huh?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Very nice. They are really aiming for the short term here, huh?
          A three year contract seems like a lifetime in Raptor years.

Comment

Very nice. They are really aiming for the short term here, huh?
            You are a numbers guy, right? Most of the statistical sources I respect don't project Ibaka as an upgrade at all.

Do you really think he is enough of an improvement over previous PF like Amir, Patterson and James Johnson to warrant that kind of money?

Comment

• gang gang

Comment

• BrieflySpeaking wrote: View Post
                You are a numbers guy, right? Most of the statistical sources I respect don't project Ibaka as an upgrade at all.

Do you really think he is enough of an improvement over previous PF like Amir, Patterson and James Johnson to warrant that kind of money?
                He's far better than JJ ever was for us. Amir and Pat are impact superstars, but can't provide any real or consistent production. Ibaka provides production. That costs money. C'est la vie. Ideally we find a way to bring back Pat to really unlock Ibaka's value (as a small ball C in some lineups). Ibaka's ability to play 4 or 5 really helps his value, though obviously you don't want him taking a beating playing all night against bigger players.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He's far better than JJ ever was for us. Amir and Pat are impact superstars, but can't provide any real or consistent production. Ibaka provides production. That costs money. C'est la vie. Ideally we find a way to bring back Pat to really unlock Ibaka's value (as a small ball C in some lineups). Ibaka's ability to play 4 or 5 really helps his value, though obviously you don't want him taking a beating playing all night against bigger players.
                  I'm pretty sure that's exactly what 90% of this forum wants, actually.

Not looking forward to getting crushed on the boards all season long. Most frustrating way to lose. lol.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that's exactly what 90% of this forum wants, actually.

Not looking forward to getting crushed on the boards all season long. Most frustrating way to lose. lol.
                    worked just fine for the Celtics. Also all the stats show that rebounding wasn't an issue with Ibaka playing center.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      worked just fine for the Celtics. Also all the stats show that rebounding wasn't an issue with Ibaka playing center.
                      Yes but this goes in circles because we had JV for the big C matchups so Ibaka didn't have to deal with them. Just look at how Monroe man handled Ibaka in the playoffs until Casey swapped JV into the backup role and gave Ibaka the more favourable small C matchup with Maker.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yes but this goes in circles because we had JV for the big C matchups so Ibaka didn't have to deal with them. Just look at how Monroe man handled Ibaka in the playoffs until Casey swapped JV into the backup role and gave Ibaka the more favourable small C matchup with Maker.
                        Monroe still won his matchup vs JV.
                        I think we might see Meeks or another cheap plodder brought in to soak up some of the mins vs other plodders, assuming we move JV.

Comment

Those Centers will also struggle with chasing Ibaka to the 3 point line. Which will than leave them without thier best rim protector at the rim. We still have Yak who was really impressive as a defender for a rook. He will only get better this year.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Monroe still won his matchup vs JV.
                            I think we might see Meeks or another cheap plodder brought in to soak up some of the mins vs other plodders, assuming we move JV.
                            He did? Seemed like MIL went from winning his minutes handily to losing them pretty quickly. His individual scoring doesn't matter enough to swing the game unless it's at the unstoppable level he was at against Ibaka, rather than the simply good level it was at with JV checking him.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Those Centers will also struggle with chasing Ibaka to the 3 point line. Which will than leave them without thier best rim protector at the rim. We still have Yak who was really impressive as a defender for a rook. He will only get better this year.

Yak was really impressive as a quick defender. Not a big strong post defender.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yak was really impressive as a quick defender. Not a big strong post defender.
                                How many teams run a consistent low post offence though. Maybe a handful of them. I think it's even less than that.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X