No announcement yet.

Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't Ibaka set screens properly? He always turns to the side and/or avoids contact altogether.

Comment

• He's not who i thought he was.

- He's lazy
      - Poor rebounder
      - Seems like he has an attitude
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Lost: one $65,000,000 third banana. If found, please return to the Air Canada Centre.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          He's not who i thought he was.

- He's lazy
          - Poor rebounder
          - Seems like he has an attitude
          There were rumors going back to OKC that Ibaka had a bit of a bad attitude. I assumed it was playing in a small role next to RWB at OKC and then playing on a losing team in Orlando, but maybe its him and not just the situation. Also it sounded like he really hurt the Magic locker room last year.

Comment

• He cannot start at PF. His defense is simply just not good at the 4 position. He's one of the slowest starting 4s in the league, and since most 4s nowadays are stretch 4s, he gets completely pulled out of the paint; making his best attribute (his shot blocking and rim protection) completely useless.

Dude is a center nowadays, period. It's not a fucking coincidence that even going back to OKC in those lineups with Durant at the 4 and him at the 5, he (and his teams) play better when he's at center than at power forward. Should only really be playing the 4 with the bench and not in the starting 5.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              He cannot start at PF. His defense is simply just not good at the 4 position. He's one of the slowest starting 4s in the league, and since most 4s nowadays are stretch 4s, he gets completely pulled out of the paint; making his best attribute (his shot blocking and rim protection) completely useless.

Dude is a center nowadays, period. It's not a fucking coincidence that even going back to OKC in those lineups with Durant at the 4 and him at the 5, he (and his teams) play better when he's at center than at power forward. Should only really be playing the 4 with the bench and not in the starting 5.

The 5 man lineup of Lowry, Derozan, Powell, Siakim, and Ibaka (Serge at the 5) actually has very good net rating this year.
              Small sample size of course but it's one of the best 5 man lineups for the raps this season.

Comment

He cannot start at PF. His defense is simply just not good at the 4 position. He's one of the slowest starting 4s in the league, and since most 4s nowadays are stretch 4s, he gets completely pulled out of the paint; making his best attribute (his shot blocking and rim protection) completely useless.

A majority of teams still start the traditinal center, the 7 footer who sets big screens and gobbles rebounds. Ibaka is every bit the prototypical 4, in size and play style, he's an undersized 5 and draymond green is a special breed. Has he slowed down athletically? Probably, but that could just mean he's kind of washed up and should be a bench player within a year or 2, which is a scary thought. Besides, even if you want to play that way, I don't think Casey does. I'd bet if jv got moved he'd still start bebe or poeltl in the 1st and 3rd.

I will concede ibaka and jv looks to be a poor fit. They look slow, and neither one is a playmaker. So I am coming around to your idea of bringing jv off the bench and starting Poeltl. The bench group and starter group could improve simultaneously. JV can still close the games he's feeling it

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  A majority of teams still start the traditinal center, the 7 footer who sets big screens and gobbles rebounds. Ibaka is every bit the prototypical 4, in size and play style, he's an undersized 5 and draymond green is a special breed. Has he slowed down athletically? Probably, but that could just mean he's kind of washed up and should be a bench player within a year or 2, which is a scary thought. Besides, even if you want to play that way, I don't think Casey does. I'd bet if jv got moved he'd still start bebe or poeltl in the 1st and 3rd.

I will concede ibaka and jv looks to be a poor fit. They look slow, and neither one is a playmaker. So I am coming around to your idea of bringing jv off the bench and starting Poeltl. The bench group and starter group could improve simultaneously. JV can still close the games he's feeling it
                  Starting Poeltl could help to speed up our rotations on defense a bit and he's going to be better defending screen and rolls than JV. Ibaka next to Poeltl and Bebe has actually worked ok this year, so maybe he does just need a more mobile big to be able to get away with playing at the 4.

I'd really like to reduce the time he spends at the 4 though. Even Millsap was making him look slow. We've clearly overpaid for a barely above average player in that position tbh.

Comment

• There's been some talk lately about Ibaka's apparent "selfish" attitude.

But late in last night's game vs. the Bulls, it was Ibaka (not anyone else) who twice went over to DeRozan, to steer him away from getting T'd up. That's not a selfish thing to do. That's a guy who's looking out for the team, and doing what he can to ensure a win. It was encouraging to see.

Comment

It's not a fucking coincidence that even going back to OKC....
                      You're almost as angry as Ibaka these days.

Anyways, good news: career high TS%.

Bad news: career low reb%, stl%, and blk%.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        You're almost as angry as Ibaka these days.

Anyways, good news: career high TS%.

Bad news: career low reb%, stl%, and blk%.
                        He really, really looks like a guy who just wants to stand outside and shoot jumpshots. I hope he's not coasting bc he got paid.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

He really, really looks like a guy who just wants to stand outside and shoot jumpshots. I hope he's not coasting bc he got paid.
                          I'm sure in a couple years we can trade him and a first to Brooklyn, no biggie

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I'm sure in a couple years we can trade him and a first to Brooklyn, no biggie
                            Bah, end of next year we can trade the whole core to Brooklyn for a handful of unprotected firsts. Does the oligarch still do that?
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

He is playing most of his minutes with JV. He has to stay on the perimeter for spacing purposes. You wont get the most out of him if your just playing him at PF. His value comes from being able to play both positions. How do you expect him to rebound from the 3pt line? When plays C you more variety in his game. Gives you rebounds, block shots and 3s. At PF just gives you 3s.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X