Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

How? his ball handling, passing and finishing are all below average. If OG wants to be an iso option then he gotta be able to handle AND pass the ball. OG is so awkward with the ball in his hands because he dribbles the ball as high as his chest(not exaggerating here). That's why he turns the ball a lot everytime he tries to make a move. As for his finishing, he has no lift, and his awareness is also below average that's why his layups get blocked a lot. Am I supposed to believe that he's going to all of a sudden become a great ball handler, passer and finisher in year 5? it's like saying Ben Simmons will all of a sudden become a great shooter.
    Masai didn't specify how OG would be reaching a new level, but I'd suspect it includes creating more scoring opportunities for himself. There is some video footage of OG working on iso moves this summer. Won't know how it translates to real games until the season gets going, but at least it tells you he is working on that part of his game.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

There was a definite transition there where Kawhi was stepping up as The Guy after a few seasons filling a role. A little more muddled here in Toronto because it's not one guy stepping in post-Lowry, it's some combination of Fred/OG/Siakam plus we've got unknown but anticipated increasing contributions from guys like GTJ and Flynn and then we've got Barnes. Hard to say how this all shakes out as we've been discussing here recently, also hard to say if OG suddenly gets 5 more shots per game or whatever. Because that could easily not happen.
      I agree and worry that this may not be the case. When you think back to Kawhi, (and even now), he isn't super fast, he isn't super flashy when he scores, he doesn't have an amazing first step. He uses balance, smarts and power, plus a good ability to shoot to score his buckets. And Barnes is a wild card, it's entirely possible its better for the team to actually have him get more touches. But imagine a world where OG does take that next step, and we don't go to him. I worried he won't get that chance ........

Comment

How? his ball handling, passing and finishing are all below average. If OG wants to be an iso option then he gotta be able to handle AND pass the ball. OG is so awkward with the ball in his hands because he dribbles the ball as high as his chest(not exaggerating here). That's why he turns the ball a lot everytime he tries to make a move. As for his finishing, he has no lift, and his awareness is also below average that's why his layups get blocked a lot. Am I supposed to believe that he's going to all of a sudden become a great ball handler, passer and finisher in year 5? it's like saying Ben Simmons will all of a sudden become a great shooter.
        Optimism would be based on how OG ended the season when given higher usage.

Over his final 7 games OG averaged:

22.5 points, 3.2 ast, 4.5 reb, .444 from 3 on 54 attempts, .905 FT on 21 attempts, .504 FG on 113 attempts.

If he plays like that I'd say he's jumped up to the next level and is a shoe in for the All Star team because he's also gonna be playing NBA first team defense.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

22.5 points, 3.2 ast, 4.5 reb, .444 from 3 on 54 attempts, .905 FT on 21 attempts, .504 FG on 113 attempts.

If he plays like that I'd say he's jumped up to the next level and is a shoe in for the All Star team because he's also gonna be playing NBA first team defense.
          I think he'll average around 18 points, but if he reaches 22.5, I'm bringing out all the overreactions.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I think he'll average around 18 points, but if he reaches 22.5, I'm bringing out all the overreactions.
            yeah especially if he some how averaged 50 40 90 numbers

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

yeah especially if he some how averaged 50 40 90 numbers
              He is close to 50 and 40, but he never shot above 80% from the FT line, so I doubt he will ever reach 90, but hey, if he hits 50 and 40, I'm more than happy.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Without Kyle and Pascal,
                OG will get more usage.
                Let's see if he can deliver.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  He is close to 50 and 40, but he never shot above 80% from the FT line, so I doubt he will ever reach 90, but hey, if he hits 50 and 40, I'm more than happy.
                  Not for a full season, but as was just said up the page…

Primer wrote: View Post

Just gotta carry that span forward and we’re laughing. 😎

Comment

• If the man scores those numbers he will literally be kawhi

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                      If the man scores those numbers he will literally be kawhi
                      Kawhi is an elite rebounder.

Comment

• A lot of OG talk I think ppl are vastly overating this mans capabilities lol

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          A lot of OG talk I think ppl are vastly overating this mans capabilities lol
                          Welcome to the days leading up to preseason. It's all gravy until tipoff. While I expect the Raptors to show they are headed in the right direction this year, some games are going to be tough to watch

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Kawhi is an elite rebounder.

And an elite scorer, an elite shot creator, a good passer, great ballhandler, bball IQ off the charts......so yeah lol.

I could see OG averaging 18 or maybe 20ppg but that doesn't mean he's Kawhi. Again, the only thing that OG does well is defense and spot up shooting. That's literally it.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

And an elite scorer, an elite shot creator, a good passer, great ballhandler, bball IQ off the charts......so yeah lol.

I could see OG averaging 18 or maybe 20ppg but that doesn't mean he's Kawhi. Again, the only thing that OG does well is defense and spot up shooting. That's literally it.

Thats why I am saying if he did what he did last year on the defensive end with the same rebounding numbers AND shot 50/40/90 splits....

like shooting those percentage splits is so rare in the game that they have an exclusive club for it which includes:

Bird, KD, Curry, Nash, technically calderon but he was a few free throws short of it, apparently brogdon and irving, lastly dirk and reggie miller. That is it that is all.

It would make him a special player and during what ever season he did it ... if he can keep up the defensive side of the ball it would make him one of the top 10-15 players in the league.

Technically Kawhi has never had it. He has had close to those numbers but never hit the club.

Comment

On the other hand, OG's trajectory is similar to Kawhi's. Kawhi averaged 16.5 in his 4th season and OG averaged 15.9. Nobody thought Kawhi would be who he is today during his first few seasons in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X