Everything OG Anunoby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    No one here is opposed to a more structured offence. But the reality is the sort of looks you want OG taking to remain efficient are the sort of looks you get by threatening the defence with something else. You can’t really run plays to get those looks consistently, it depends on how the defence deals with your primary actions.
    They're the sort of looks a real point guard can get a lights out 3pt shooter. We need a real PG. Not a tiny SG doing his best to play PG. We put Fred in a role he isn't built for. He's not a pure PG, he's not good at getting everyone good shots. Yes, he can hit Poeltl in the pick and roll, but so could every single PG and combo guard in the NBA. Getting good shots for every other position takes a real PG, something we haven't had since Lowry. I don't really hate Fred, I just hate that we pretend he's a PG when he's a combo guard who leans heavily toward the SG side of spectrum. We aren't using him right either since Lowry left.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

OG is more of a catch you napping cutter. He's not doing fakes, stunts to get open. Even if he did. His release is slower than Klay by a lot.
      So Fred taking and missing bad shots is preferable to seeing if OG can slightly improve at cutting?

That's the part that drives me mad here. Fred is shooting and missing bad shots at high volume. Why are you guys so damn adamant those are the shots we need to take instead of trying OG cutting? They're missed shots with Fred taking them, literally can't do any worse.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

So Fred taking and missing bad shots is preferable to seeing if OG can slightly improve at cutting?

That's the part that drives me mad here. Fred is shooting and missing bad shots at high volume. Why are you guys so damn adamant those are the shots we need to take instead of trying OG cutting? They're missed shots with Fred taking them, literally can't do any worse.
        It's the only way that some can justify his horrid shooting percentage by saying he's saddled with all the bad shooting opportunities....

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

They're the sort of looks a real point guard can get a lights out 3pt shooter. We need a real PG. Not a tiny SG doing his best to play PG. We put Fred in a role he isn't built for. He's not a pure PG, he's not good at getting everyone good shots. Yes, he can hit Poeltl in the pick and roll, but so could every single PG and combo guard in the NBA. Getting good shots for every other position takes a real PG, something we haven't had since Lowry. I don't really hate Fred, I just hate that we pretend he's a PG when he's a combo guard who leans heavily toward the SG side of spectrum. We aren't using him right either since Lowry left.
          I agree with your assessment of Fred being a SG being asked to play the role of a PG. Was saying the same through much of last season. I think he's doing a decent job of what he's been asked to do with the roster that had some big holes in it for the last couple seasons (C and PG depth). I also think if he were to play a more subdued role and just stuck to PG duties, you'd be seeing way more isolations for Pascal, Scottie and OG. Fred's efficiency would probably be up and those other guys' down. The team needed Fred to do more than just the traditional PG duties.

I think Scottie takes a big step up this season and the offense is run through him more, a la Jokic. That should leave Fred off ball more and it should help with his efficiency.

Comment

• NBACentral

@TheNBACentral

The Raptors reportedly rejected a Jordan Poole for OG Anunoby trade offer from the Warriors, per @timkawakami

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
              NBACentral

@TheNBACentral

The Raptors reportedly rejected a Jordan Poole for OG Anunoby trade offer from the Warriors, per @timkawakami
              considering the warriors had to attach 2 picks (3 if you count patrick baldwin jr who was a first rounder last year) just to dump poole's salary, it's not really surprising we rejected it.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                NBACentral

@TheNBACentral

Why would we do that straight up?

Comment

• NBA free agency 2023: Lakers make all the right moves on first day (yahoo.com)

Anunoby told representatives during meetings with prospective agents, according to people familiar with the situation, that he was searching for greater ball-handling and playmaking duties in advance of his upcoming contract talks. Without that chance in the Raptors’ offense under new head Darko Rajakovi?, there remains the ongoing possibility that Anunoby could request a trade from the franchise during what’s now the third season of a four-year, $72 million contract — which Anunoby relayed to potential agents he deemed was below his market value, but does include a player option before the 2024-25 season.

great another guy wants to up his value and bolt.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

These recent contracts mean loyalty and comfort in a city are way down the list now. Everyone thinks they're worth 10M more per year now

Comment

• I mean, OG is right, he’s dramatically underpaid.

Question will be: does he cost 30-35M next summer? Or does some team max him like Fred? And if the latter, are the Raps willing to match that to keep him?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I mean, OG is right, he’s dramatically underpaid.

Question will be: does he cost 30-35M next summer? Or does some team max him like Fred? And if the latter, are the Raps willing to match that to keep him?
                        if we dont trade him he will walk

Comment

• OG, Boucher and Flynn for Garland works.

Poeltl/Precious/Koloko
                          Siakam/McDaniels/Young
                          Barnes/Porter/Harper
                          Trent/Dick/Dowtin
                          Garland/Shroder/Nowell

Comment

Love OG but his ball handling and playmaking are both below average, not to mention his finishing. His TWO strengths are spot up shooting and defense.

If he wants to be one of the focal point of the offense then it has to be on a tanking team/team with no star players or good young players. The Wizards are like the perfect fit.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Love OG but his ball handling and playmaking are both below average, not to mention his finishing. His TWO strengths are spot up shooting and defense.

If he wants to be one of the focal point of the offense then it has to be on a tanking team/team with no star players or good young players. The Wizards are like the perfect fit.
                              I think OG gets better at everything he does. If he's given more opportunities to drive and shoot I think it will work out. He has another strength, his size and strength can overpower defenders at times.

I think he really wants to stay with Scottie and the raps, but just wants a bigger role. With Vanvleet gone, if nothing else changes, he can have this now.
                              Last edited by Dvdvideo; Sun Jul 2, 2023, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I think OG gets better at everything he does. If he's given more opportunities to drive and shoot I think it will work out. He has another strength, his size and strength can overpower defenders at times.

I think he really wants to stay with Scottie and the raps, but just wants a bigger role. With Vanvleet gone, if nothing else changes, he can have this now.
                                OG is entering his 7th season. It’s remotely possible, but we shouldn’t be expecting any big leaps in his skills, at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X