Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron really does get lucky in his trips to the Finals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Why would Cleveland not be jumping for joy at the opportunity of playing an injury riddled Celtics team in the semis?
      I've just resigned myself to playing Cleveland in the second round no matter what happens lol
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Cleveland will do all it can now to get the 3 seed. I just pray we don't see them until Conference Finals(if/when we make it).

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
          I've just resigned myself to playing Cleveland in the second round no matter what happens lol
          I hope you beat them....

Its not unreasonable to think that the Newlooks might see that the easiest path to the finals starts with not having to play one of Philly or Indy in round 1.. So it kinda looks like they will try for the 3 seeding. This route says you play 6th place team and if you get out of the 1st round then you draw either of the MASH unit that is the Celtics or the 7th seed.

The other path would be to play the 5 seed.... or if you really mess up and are tied with the Pacers you are the road team in the 4-5 matchup with a team that has beat you 3 times this year.... If you get out of that one... then you get the 1 seed....
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Kyrie is like the Anthony Davis of point guards. Has he ever had a healthy season?
            Kyrie never even had a healthy college season, lol.

Comment

• Tonight on CHOKEWATCH

Minny travels to the Mile High City to take on the Nuggets. With a win the Nuggets will be tied with Minny for 8th and last spot on the playoff dancecard. Minny still holds the tiebreaker. The collar is really really tight now and Jimmy Butler is unlikely to play this one.

Chokelahoma is idle and their next game is on the road against Houston on Saturday. Hope Paul George feels better about his shot before Saturday night. If the Thunder lose this one they could be in a 3 way tie for 8th with 35 in the loss column with two games left.

and tonight in the east

The Warriors pay a visit to the Pacers. The Pacers handed the Warriors a loss a couple games ago on the left coast. That was without Klay and that was the 5th game this year KD was tossed from for conduct unbecoming. Still the Pacers won it on the road. Its unlikely the Pacers run the table and the Hinkies drop 3 of their remaining cupcake laden schedule. The Warriors have nothing much to play for either... So of the two teams.. The Pacers have more to play for and are at home. The Warriors have more talent. Depth of Talent trumps all. Warriors W.

The HarryP's go the NewLook 'Land Theortically its an easier run to the finals for the NewLooks if they hold onto 3rd. This is a potential playoff matchup if thats the road the NewLooks pack the wagon for. The Wizards are looking to get their house in order for the playoffs and should be playing with all hands including Wall. They are tied for 6th and likely aren't to concerned who they draw for 6 7 or 8th but would likely want to finish 7 or 8... 7 gets them a shot at the now Irvingless Celtics for payback. Look for a NewLook W against a team looking to play the seeding game.

The Nets travel to Milwaukee The Bucks would like to start on a bit of a roll as the playoffs loom in 10 days. The Nets play hard but prolly don't have enough yet to win a roadie against a team with a couple of really good players in the Alphabet and Bledsoe. Look for a Bucks W.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 5, 2018, 02:22 PM.
              - TGO

Comment

• The kyrie injury helps alleviate my fear that NBA was going to ensure an Irving vs LeBron conference finals
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  The kyrie injury helps alleviate my fear that NBA was going to ensure an Irving vs LeBron conference finals
                  media is pushing sixers now
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Raptors-Pacers ECF fuck the man
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I think the Heat have a non-zero chance of upsetting the Lebrons. I'd love to see that matchup.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        This is my 5000 post since, on a flyer, I signed up as a member of the Republic half a decade ago. I have saved this milestone to comment, continue to vent actually, on my favourite topic… Boston Suckage.

My gut tells me this years oh so fashionable choice to kick ass and take names in the eastern conference, the Boston Chowderheads, are going to be a buck short and day late much like last years fashionable pick the Minnestota Timberpups. That the pups wound up with 31 wins and picking 7th in the lottery is a testament to how far off the CBS/ESPN guys can be when they get the blinders on and the bit in their mouth. At times I think they are on expense controls and since most of them are Boston natives they cover a perimeter bounded by the North Station and the Charles River. Effing homers to the bone marrow.

So without a lick of remorse here are the top 10 reasons why the projected 57 win Celtics will shit the bed this year like the Timberpups did last year and are the most overrated team in the east and the NBA.

1. Kyrie Irving is a lights out scorer, but, is a so so defender and is injury prone. He has yet to complete a full season. Its pretty unlikely he doesn’t miss time again this year. He averages about 63 games played a year. So its not inconceivable he misses 15 or so this year. Backing him up is untested Terry Rozier. Cause for concern.

2. Gordon Hayward. 16th best player in the league according to ESPN. Except he is not. Gord is going to be good on the offensive end.....

...........So a 57 win season per CBS . LMAO.. The Heat with Lebron and Bosh and Wade didn’t get to 60 a couple of times during their hayday in Miami… and this years Celts don’t have anyone resembling that trio.

Nope…you read it here. Boston doesn’t get to 50 wins this year and doesn’t get out of the 2nd round.

And oh yeah.. .Fuck Boston.
                        I guess now is as good a time as any to revisit the origin of this thread

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Yes... Yes they are... and those Hinkies have won 12 in a row.... against pretty much no one left in the playoffs or even trying to get into the playoffs save for the wins over a sinking Minny and a trying to get in Denver. Charlotte, Memphis , Orlando, Da Knicks, Nets, Detroit... not exactly murder's row.

Whoever the Hinkies play in round 1 will be a little better than that... Embiid will get back .. but there is speculation as to when. .. game 1 or game 5. Whoever draws the Hinks will have a few days to game plan on making Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz shooters.. which they are not. Regardless of what we say and rant on about NBA coaches these guys and their staffs make adjustments quickly. So that leaves Bellenilli and Illyasova and Reddick to beat you.
                          - TGO

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            I think the Heat have a non-zero chance of upsetting the Lebrons. I'd love to see that matchup.
                            Miami might have the best shot of the 3-8 seeds of knocking off Cleveland, but there's a lot of tough matchups beyond them: Stephenson probably has the single best track-record of getting into Lebron's head out of the whole league.
                            Milwaukee probably doesn't have the shooting to hang with Cleveland, but nothing would make James work as hard in the opening round as needing to guard Giannis for long stretches.
                            Washington is one of the few teams with arguably better 3-point shooting than the Cavs.
                            Philly is young and talented, but IMO probably the least equipped to deal with James.

Lots of reasons Cavs sweep any of those teams as well. But there's nothing there where a 6-7 game series would be shocking.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              Miami might have the best shot of the 3-8 seeds of knocking off Cleveland, but there's a lot of tough matchups beyond them: Stephenson probably has the single best track-record of getting into Lebron's head out of the whole league.
                              Milwaukee probably doesn't have the shooting to hang with Cleveland, but nothing would make James work as hard in the opening round as needing to guard Giannis for long stretches.
                              Washington is one of the few teams with arguably better 3-point shooting than the Cavs.
                              Philly is young and talented, but IMO probably the least equipped to deal with James.

Lots of reasons Cavs sweep any of those teams as well. But there's nothing there where a 6-7 game series would be shocking.
                              I would say the 76ers are the team nobody wants to play, their starting 5 is as good as anyone in the east.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                I would say the 76ers are the team nobody wants to play, their starting 5 is as good as anyone in the east.
                                Agreed. I think they have a chance of knocking off the Cavs as much as the Raptors or Celtics. They have 2 players with Hall of fame level talent, and a nice supporting cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X