Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps have the highest point differential in the East and third in the entire league after 20 games. Playing one of the toughest schedule in the conference. Who do I have 52+win bet with again?
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
      that is so fucking dishonest dude. the process began on june 27 2013 when philly traded jrue holiday (and pierre jackson) for nerlens noel and a 2014 first round pick, which was a great trade.

that is exactly four and a quarter seasons of bad basketball to get where they are.

they didn't even draft well and they have two franchise altering talents who would go top five in a league wide dispersion draft of players to build around for the next decade. TWO OF THEM.

i would absolutely, unequivocally trade the raps last four seasons for theirs to be where they are.

by the way the year before the process began they went 34 and 48 with a team built around jrue holiday, evan turner, and thaddeus young, coached by doug collins, and tried their damnedest to finish somewhere between 6th and 8th. you think they just should have kept kicking that can down the road?

i'd much rather root for a team that can read the writing on the wall and blow it up than one who'll sell a fringe playoff contender to their fanbase instead of a real one because they think their fans are too stupid to know the difference.
      By all means root for Philly...

As for it being a dishonest effort by a professional organization ...The league intervened directly with the owner to put a stop to what they were doing and have since altered the draft probability odds as a means to try to prevent this charade from re occurring. There is the normal cycle of peaking and then rebuilding..then there was the Hinkie manoeuvre which cost him his job and likely any other job in the NBA.

Top 5 ....
      So who are you moving out of James, Curry, Durant, Leonard and Westbrooke to make room for Embiid and Simmons ?
      Should add Harden, The Alphabet and Anthony Davis maybe Kyrie Irving to that list as well...
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Nov 30, 2017, 03:26 PM. Reason: Edit added names to the top 5 or 10 that Simmons and Ebiid would be ahead of in the hypothetical league wide dispersal draft
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
        that is so fucking dishonest dude. the process began on june 27 2013 when philly traded jrue holiday (and pierre jackson) for nerlens noel and a 2014 first round pick, which was a great trade.

that is exactly four and a quarter seasons of bad basketball to get where they are.

they didn't even draft well and they have two franchise altering talents who would go top five in a league wide dispersion draft of players to build around for the next decade. TWO OF THEM.

i would absolutely, unequivocally trade the raps last four seasons for theirs to be where they are.

by the way the year before the process began they went 34 and 48 with a team built around jrue holiday, evan turner, and thaddeus young, coached by doug collins, and tried their damnedest to finish somewhere between 6th and 8th. you think they just should have kept kicking that can down the road?

i'd much rather root for a team that can read the writing on the wall and blow it up than one who'll sell a fringe playoff contender to their fanbase instead of a real one because they think their fans are too stupid to know the difference.
        Exactly. Fans need to stop drawing parallels between the genius of 30+ win teams with no future who decide to tank and a 50+ win Raptors team that, apparently, should obviously be tanking.

I'm not anti-tank, but this is dishonest. A 20-win difference between teams is more than just nuance.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• too bad the celts get the embid-less sixers tonight

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            too bad the celts get the embid-less sixers tonight
            I don't get why they didn't sit him vs Wall-less Washington, and play him tonight. If you're sitting b2b's, play the harder team
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I don't get why they didn't sit him vs Wall-less Washington, and play him tonight. If you're sitting b2b's, play the harder team
              Maybe they did
              - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Maybe they wanted the sure win. I would say chance is greater they go 0-2 than 2-0 if they sit him in the first game.

I agree though, I would have done that too. Sports teams always seem super conservative though. Just happy the NBA is better than NFL, those guys would rather a sure 2 point loss than a chance at winning, with a likely 30 point loss i swear.
                Last edited by DogeLover1234; Thu Nov 30, 2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• I’d go for the surer win, plus the Sixers may be battling with he Wiz for seeding. Celtics not so much.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Here is world class defense against the celtics today. Chandler gives zero fucks.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                        Here is world class defense against the celtics today. Chandler gives zero fucks.

That is unbelievable for a pro athlete..Looks like Bledsoe is not the only guy that wants out of the valley of the sun.
                        Coach should fine him fit that.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          Here is world class defense against the celtics today. Chandler gives zero fucks.

Fortunately,the Suns do have the right coach to help them hone their "wandering around aimlessly on D" skills
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            By all means root for Philly...
                            it is possible to be a fan of the raptors while still being envious of other teams in clearly better situations. doesn’t make one not a fan.

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            As for it being a dishonest effort by a professional organization ...The league intervened directly with the owner to put a stop to what they were doing and have since altered the draft probability odds as a means to try to prevent this charade from re occurring. There is the normal cycle of peaking and then rebuilding..then there was the Hinkie manoeuvre which cost him his job and likely any other job in the NBA.
                            which was essentially collusion by the league and the remaining owners to put a stop to a strategy that was obviously working because they didn’t want to see it repeated.

philly took advantage of the system to unprecedented success in terms of stockpiling assets. not all the picks panned out, but the strategy undeniably worked. (of course it did. the system ensures it). and if i were a philly fan i’d be fucking furious to be stuck with bryan colangelo, who’s already fucked it all up for them by trading that lakers/sacramento pick for a kid with a bum shoulder and confidence issues (whom, it turns out, they could have picked without coughing up the first because boston was taking tatum regardless).

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Top 5 ....
                            So who are you moving out of James, Curry, Durant, Leonard and Westbrooke to make room for Embiid and Simmons ?
                            Should add Harden, The Alphabet and Anthony Davis maybe Kyrie Irving to that list as well...
                            so if you were starting a team from scratch today, you’d take lebron's age 32 to 42 seasons, or the 29 to 39 season’s for curry and durant? i’ll take giannis’ 22 to 32, simmons’ 21 to 31, or embiid’s 23 to 33 thanks. we only have all of nba history to tell us the latter are the safer bet. minus kareem abdul-jabbar, maybe, but his 20's were still better than his 30's.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Exactly. Fans need to stop drawing parallels between the genius of 30+ win teams with no future who decide to tank and a 50+ win Raptors team that, apparently, should obviously be tanking.

I'm not anti-tank, but this is dishonest. A 20-win difference between teams is more than just nuance.
                              sorry, i didn’t mean to insinuate that i thought the raptors should tear down what we have now, or even start a discussion about tanking, although i can see how it could be read that way. his comment just irked me because it was such a brazen lie.

fwiw i did want them to tear it down when masai took over, but i’ve enjoyed this era since as any they’ve ever had (which is a pretty pathetic history in fairness). but it’s hard not to look at philly's situation without envy.

Comment

• Demo Shift thinks the only way to be a real fan is to be a homer.

If anything homers are the worst kind of fans, because they don't put any pressure on the organization to improve. "ZOMG Boston is trash, we're so much better". Cool then, just stand pat and don't do anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X