Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Most Overrated Team in the East ..aka.. Why Boston Sux.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston is trash. Fake #1 seed.

Comment

• The Celtics clutch performance definitely isn't just luck or noise - very few things are JUST those things. But it is definitely at least partially luck and noise.

Zero reason for the Raptors to fear the Celtics in the playoffs. Only way I can see them losing to them is if they just plain shit the bed - which is a risk against any team, with our history.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        The Celtics clutch performance definitely isn't just luck or noise - very few things are JUST those things. But it is definitely at least partially luck and noise.

Zero reason for the Raptors to fear the Celtics in the playoffs. Only way I can see them losing to them is if they just plain shit the bed - which is a risk against any team, with our history.
        The problem is I basically mentally take 5-6 points off the Raptors net rating when I'm thinking playoffs. I agree though, that if we do play to our level we'll beat them, but man is that a big IF. We haven't really seen it for a full series except the very first one with this group against Brooklyn.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          The Celtics clutch performance definitely isn't just luck or noise - very few things are JUST those things. But it is definitely at least partially luck and noise.

Al Horford hitting a turn around 22 footer with a hand in his face for the win says it all. This clutch stuff is all noise, the raps had this a few years ago when we would be down big and storm back to win. As we all know that did not work out at all, and we were given the playoff choker label which has stuck till now. Boston is going to hit a huge wall at some point after the break book it.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            The problem is I basically mentally take 5-6 points off the Raptors net rating when I'm thinking playoffs. I agree though, that if we do play to our level we'll beat them, but man is that a big IF. We haven't really seen it for a full series except the very first one with this group against Brooklyn.
            That Milwaukee series was up and down but that was the only none 7 game series we had, least we closed them out in less than 7 for once lol.

Comment

• I really hope Kyrie plays on Tuesday.

The victory will feel sweeter

Comment

• So they won again in the clutch huh? Pretty remarkable season for those guys. Hope we cream them on Tuesday.

Comment

• I think the biggest worry the Raptors have, for the rest of the season, or in the playoffs is Casey. If Casey gonna Case, then there could be problems. If he continues to learn (which he shows evidence of having done so) then the Raptors have as good a shot as anybody. I pin great hopes on the chance that the assistant coaches will effectively point out to Casey tactics he has tried to use on specific teams that haven't worked; matchup that he has tried that have failed; and ways to use specific players that have been very successful.

Comment

• Does Casey call audibles on game-winning shots? Oh yeah, he tipped off Donovan Mitchell on the Rubio buzzer-beater last week....

Portland gave a foul with 4 seconds to go, and Stevens initially called a play for second-year swingman Jaylen Brown but audibled when the Blazers swarmed him.

"Coach called a play for Jaylen and then, as he's calling it, he's like, 'Keep the ball, keep the ball, and you know, go score,'" said Horford. "[The Blazers] read it perfectly because I wanted to hand [Brown] the ball, and they stayed very tight to him, so once that happened, I was just aggressive and went into a go-to move.
                    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-trail-blazers

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                      What if Bron demanded to be waived and then asked the raps to sign him for peanuts for this season? Is that even possible in theory? Would you do it?
                      I gueeeeeess so.
                      WRT James next year: Why not Raps?

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                        I gueeeeeess so.
                        WRT James next year: Why not Raps?
                        Just because the Cavs are in severe danger of losing Lebron for nothing doesn't mean there is any incentive at all for Cleveland to buy him out even if Lebron has made it clear that he wants out. If anything, Lebron wanting out would incentivize Cleveland to try to trade for one of our all-stars instead of buying Lebron out, though I doubt that happens either. We're not going to give up Derozan for a rental of Lebron, and Cleveland is unlikely to take Lowry plus pieces even though Lowry is under contract and a net benefit for them (and even though we could make Wright/Van Vleet work at PG if we are starting Demar, Val, Lebron, and one of Ibaka and OG alongside them).

Answering the original question, if we can acquire Lebron to go with our current pieces at a minimum salary, of course we do that, even if it's a major adjustment for us fans. We're instantly the class of the East if we do that.

As for Lebron coming here next year, it would almost certainly have to be a sign-and-trade, which again has issues to be resolved in regards to what we are willing to give up and what the Cavs are willing to take from us. I am 100% sure that Lebron's not going to leave tens of millions of dollars on the table to play for us for the vet minimum even if this team is ideally constructed for mid 30's Lebron right now.
                        Last edited by TheWaterboy; Mon Feb 5, 2018, 12:21 AM. Reason: fixed a typo

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          GM of Sixers was Sam Hinkie...
                          Thank you sir

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                            Just because the Cavs are in severe danger of losing Lebron for nothing doesn't mean there is any incentive at all for Cleveland to buy him out even if Lebron has made it clear that he wants out. If anything, Lebron wanting out would incentivize Cleveland to try to trade for one of our all-stars instead of buying Lebron out, though I doubt that happens either. We're not going to give up Derozan for a rental of Lebron, and Cleveland is unlikely to take Lowry plus pieces even though Lowry is under contract and a net benefit for them (and even though we could make Wright/Van Vleet work at PG if we are starting Demar, Val, Lebron, and one of Ibaka and OG alongside them).

Answering the original question, if we can acquire Lebron to go with our current pieces at a minimum salary, of course we do that, even if it's a major adjustment for us fans. We're instantly the class of the East if we do that.

As for Lebron coming here next year, it would almost certainly have to be a sign-and-trade, which again has issues to be resolved in regards to what we are willing to give up and what the Cavs are willing to take from us. I am 100% sure that Lebron's not going to leave tens of millions of dollars on the table to play for us for the vet minimum even if this team is ideally constructed for mid 30's Lebron right now.
                            -I was talking about next year & yes it certainly would have to be ST
                            -WRT James, we are (almost) certain of 2 things:
                            We wants to win (chasing MJ for GOAT)
                            He wants max money (let others leave money to join him);

Where is his best chance to win next year?
                            -GS
                            -Hou
                            -SA
                            -Raps
                            -Celtics
                            -76ers
                            Prob in this order. Now, I am not taking into consideration ability of any of teams above to sign him.
                            Do we have pieces?
                            JV, Norm...
                            Would Cavs be interested?
                            Will prob never know, though a 3rd team may have to be involed.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Al Horford hitting a turn around 22 footer with a hand in his face for the win says it all. This clutch stuff is all noise, the raps had this a few years ago when we would be down big and storm back to win. As we all know that did not work out at all, and we were given the playoff choker label which has stuck till now. Boston is going to hit a huge wall at some point after the break book it.
                              Clutch Stats are the new shiny shiny thing ...
                              So borrowing from the old Tim and Sid tag line... are they Super Stats or Meaningless Numbers....
                              I am on your side of the fence on this...I think they are interesting to look at but thats all..
                              Just thinking back to Mo Petes last second shot to tie the game in Washington.Clutch stat or Horseshoe ?
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Feb 5, 2018, 05:43 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                He's right: Sample size is too small. Will even out.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X