No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant have 50% of the payroll on three guys pascal og and fred and still need shooting in a bad way. Thats a faulty core. Time to dismantle it. Trade fred and id suggest pascal and tank. I wanted to just trade fred and evaluate before deadline but its nearing too quickly now

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

A standard system requires a PG. We don't have one.

A standard system requires a C. We only have a very raw rookie in Koloko.

A standard system would be even worse with this roster.

Project 6 9 switchable everyone is a failure. A swing and a miss by Masai and Bobby.
      It was Nick that sold the proj 6'9" idea to Masai and Bobby.
      Their failure to get the right pieces is understandable because Nick's ideal roster is just too damn hard to fill.
      Even vets like Thad took time to understand it, how much more for the young ones.
      Again, his system is unsustainable.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        Cant have 50% of the payroll on three guys pascal og and fred and still need shooting in a bad way. Thats a faulty core. Time to dismantle it. Trade fred and id suggest pascal and tank. I wanted to just trade fred and evaluate before deadline but its nearing too quickly now
        In theory, Fred/OG/Pascal is a great shooting core. Add in Gary and that’s fantastic group of shooters. Maybe the autopsy needs to start with finding out why the core 3pt shooting has dropped off so badly.

You are right… you always need to look at where you’re spending most of your money and if you’re getting bang for the buck. Those guys should bear the brunt of the blame.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

In theory, Fred/OG/Pascal is a great shooting core. Add in Gary and that’s fantastic group of shooters. Maybe the autopsy needs to start with finding out why the core 3pt shooting has dropped off so badly.

You are right… you always need to look at where you’re spending most of your money and if you’re getting bang for the buck. Those guys should bear the brunt of the blame.
          Coz they are rarely open.
          They always have to take forced or contested shots, not in the flow of the offense.
          That's on coaching.

Comment

A standard system requires a PG. We don't have one.

A standard system requires a C. We only have a very raw rookie in Koloko.

A standard system would be even worse with this roster.

Project 6 9 switchable everyone is a failure. A swing and a miss by Masai and Bobby.
            We aren't a contender with the current roster one way or another. When I say "more standard" I mean you can use the same players we have and run a system without all the switching and scrambling.

Wouldn't be worse. Just make it more basic so guys have a simpler assignment.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

It was Nick that sold the proj 6'9" idea to Masai and Bobby.
              Their failure to get the right pieces is understandable because Nick's ideal roster is just too damn hard to fill.
              Even vets like Thad took time to understand it, how much more for the young ones.
              Again, his system is unsustainable.
              You got a quote for that? Never heard that before and you'd think I would have.

The quotes I read was this was Masai and Bobby's strategy to build a winner without being able to attract star free agents. Not Nurses idea.

Comment

Coz they are rarely open.
                They always have to take forced or contested shots, not in the flow of the offense.
                That's on coaching.
                Sorry but that's total bullshit. They get open looks constantly but just don't make them.

Comment

Sorry but that's total bullshit. They get open looks constantly but just don't make them.
                  that's true

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Are we still talking Pascal, OG and Fred here?
                    Or the entire team like what the data indicates in the tweet above.

Dude, i am watching the games.
                    Most of the time when either Fred or Pascal touches the ball they would go ISO or force their shots or Fred takes Steph-range heaves as soon as he crosses the midcourt.

Comment

Are we still talking Pascal, OG and Fred here?
                      Or the entire team like what the data indicates in the tweet above.

Dude, i am watching the games.
                      Most of the time when either Fred or Pascal touches the ball they would go ISO or force their shots or Fred takes Steph-range heaves as soon as he crosses the midcourt.
                      Entire team, including Pascal, OG, and Fred.

Our system gets open looks but no one can make buckets.

The data doesn't lie. We got way more quality shots we just can't make them.

Comment

• Nick Nurse media availability was little defensive, he looked irritated, someone is getting heated....What's wrong Little Nicky...have a Fisherman Friend....
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          Nick Nurse media availability was little defensive, he looked irritated, someone is getting heated....What's wrong Little Nicky...have a Fisherman Friend....
                          Paraphrase “A lot of these teams made moves thats why theyre hard to beat”...a hint?

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Paraphrase “A lot of these teams made moves thats why theyre hard to beat”...a hint?
                            Shots Fired...wake up Masai, Masai, Masai..his still a sleep..
                            Sorry can't wake him..
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Or do they get open looks consistently cause they don’t make them? Would you say they generate easy buckets?

Comment

• Agreed. We didn't do anything in the offseason to improve the team. Masai said in his press conference after the season last year that he'd like to add more SHOOTERS and he'd like to add a lob threat. I guess Koloko is the lob threat? a 2nd round rookie? they added one shooter in Porter who also happens to be injury prone. *facepalm*

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X