Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Kind of sucks that's he's coaching a conference rival especially since he knows all of this team's strengths and weaknesses.
    I suspect that the team may look quite different with player changes and a new coach.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
      Good luck Nick, wishing you all the best in that gong show with the fake MVP.

Nurse registered a 237-170 record as Raptors head coach, guiding the team to a championship title in the 2018-19 season, the first in franchise history. The following season he was also named Coach of the Year.

Best Coach we've ever had.....
      The Nurse Era started with a loud bang and ended with a whimper.

You were gifted a 59-win team that upgraded to an all-time defensive team, plus injury luck (and illness to Embiid), no Lebron or KD and Peak Kawhi (the best player remaining in the playoffs).

Thank you for not messing up all that good fortune and mad respect for the hustle and getting paid.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I suspect that the team may look quite different with player changes and a new coach.
        Sort of all depends what kind of player changes we are looking at. We're already far behind a team like Philly in terms of contending so any player changes would have to be pretty dramatic to get us on par with them.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You were gifted a 59-win team that upgraded to an all-time defensive team, plus injury luck (and illness to Embiid), no Lebron or KD and Peak Kawhi (the best player remaining in the playoffs).

Thank you for not messing up all that good fortune and mad respect for the hustle and getting paid.
          Going to be really interesting to see what kind of results Nick is able to get in Philly. He's once again inheriting a good team (we'll see what happens with Harden) and he's been really good when he has the players.

Comment

• Can't we just get along?

Comment

Going to be really interesting to see what kind of results Nick is able to get in Philly. He's once again inheriting a good team (we'll see what happens with Harden) and he's been really good when he has the players.
              I don't think this is a good fit for Nick . What Nick learned this year that no matter how great a coach you are if
              your roster isn't on board then it won't mean shit .. If they keep Harden then you got Harden on the downside
              of his career and Embid is never in shape .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I don't think this is a good fit for Nick . What Nick learned this year that no matter how great a coach you are if
                your roster isn't on board then it won't mean shit .. If they keep Harden then you got Harden on the downside
                of his career and Embid is never in shape .
                I don't think they are keeping Harden.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nurse likes 2-way players, especially defensive minded guys. Embiid is the only guy on that roster that I would call a strong 2-way player.

A S&T for FVV makes a lot of sense for Philly.

Comment

Nurse likes 2-way players, especially defensive minded guys. Embiid is the only guy on that roster that I would call a strong 2-way player.

A S&T for FVV makes a lot of sense for Philly.
                    Yeah, it really does. What I'm curious about is what might come back. I think Maxey is not on the table, even with Nick there. It will be some smaller package, with some minor asset going to Houston for playing ball. The problem is the 76ers don't have much, their 1sts are locked up and they've lost some 2nds as well. They do have a NYK 2nd in 2024 and a distant Portland 2nd in 2029, and their own 2nds from 2026 onwards.

Gosh they really don't have much else beyond Maxey though...
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah, it really does. What I'm curious about is what might come back. I think Maxey is not on the table, even with Nick there. It will be some smaller package, with some minor asset going to Houston for playing ball. The problem is the 76ers don't have much, their 1sts are locked up and they've lost some 2nds as well. They do have a NYK 2nd in 2024 and a distant Portland 2nd in 2029, and their own 2nds from 2026 onwards.

Gosh they really don't have much else beyond Maxey though...
                      Shake Milton. Lol.

Comment

• NN had a successful coaching career with the Raptors. His blunder was to put all his eggs in one VanVleet basket, thinking that he could be the future Lowry but unfortunately the midget is way opposite on and off the court than the long time former Raptors guard.

He definitely stick it to the man (Masai) by signing with a division/conference rival. Maybe he will down the road but until now to not even thank the fans and the City was a bit surprising, maybe he is just waiting for his moment so I will give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Well wishes for him and his legit superstar. Anything less than ECF would be a disappointment.

Comment

It's a shame Masai couldn't keep the roster good enough for the end of Nurse's tenure. Hopefully he learned his lesson for the sake of the new coach.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It's a shame Masai couldn't keep the roster good enough for the end of Nurse's tenure. Hopefully he learned his lesson for the sake of the new coach.
                            Kawhi & Danny left. Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka got old. The championship roster was going to get worse, even if they kept it together.

The big mistake is that they should’ve blown it up and started the rebuild right after Kawhi left, instead of wasting time and money betting on the FVV/OG/Pascal core to develop.

Comment

Kawhi & Danny left. Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka got old. The championship roster was going to get worse, even if they kept it together.

The big mistake is that they should’ve blown it up and started the rebuild right after Kawhi left, instead of wasting time and money betting on the FVV/OG/Pascal core to develop.
                              i would've quit being a raptors fan if they did this. it would have completely cheapened the accomplishment to me.

and that followup year was probably my favorite raptor season. we still might have repeated without kawhi if it weren't for COVID

Comment

• anyhow good luck to coach nurse, although not really since he's gone to a team that i loathe.

i think he'll do very well there though

Comment

Working...
                                X