Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    Not trolling when someone disagrees with a statement that Demar can emulate and have success at being a paul pierce type of player post 30 years of age.

No matter how you want to retrace, and or reword what the intent of the post was....it is still a fallacy.

Demar is not as good a defender, demar is not as big, demar is not as good a shooter, demar is not as good a rebounder, demar is not as good at posting up as pierce ever was in his career.....

so even for the now "he can emulate pierces style of play" sure, he can....but he wont succeed at it.
    Let's be real, I could say demar could emulate tyronn lue post 30 and you'd say he lacks the quickness so it's really a moot point. You don't like him, we get it, you aren't even attempting to be objective which is *gasp* trolling

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
      He almost never has given a full season. Comedy relief Snooch brought Wade into the conversation I believe, in reference to his prediction that DeMar would be broken down in 3-4 years, lmao. Perhaps he forgets that Wade played a breakneck, bang with the big boys style, particularly in his early years that beat his body up. Quote from Draftexpress in 2008: " Takes a ridiculous amount of hard fouls. Gets thrown to the ground more than probably any player in the League." In Wades first 5 seasons, games missed: 21,5,7,31,31 totaling 95 games. DeMar's first 5 seasons, games missed: 5,0,0,0,3 totaling 8 games.

There's no comparison to the beating Wade's body has taken to what DeMar's has taken, but Snooch knows DeMar will break down by 29-30 years old, using Wade as comparison, lmao.
      Plus are we just conveniently forgetting how wade played? People think lowry is going hard, wade used to throw himself into contact and try to do all this crazy acrobatic stuff through contact. He played so dangerously lol

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Obviously not a straight up trade Axel. We'd have to get more assets out of a JV exchange. But How would a line up of KL, DD, DC, TY and maybe Biz look? Pretty long, athletic and formidable defensively.

I disagree that Giannis, Harris and Porter can't play PF, and think any of them could play next to DD.

I might be wrong, but I think your perspective is that you are looking at the names suggested and thinking those guys are not better than JV, at what JV does well. However my point is that JV is good at what he does, but what he is good at is not what best fits this current system. Imo, those other guys mentioned could fit well into the system.
        Honestly that lineup would probably have me cheering for a new team. A jv trade and the main Piece coming back is thad young? No

Comment

I brought up wade to show the damage that a persons body takes from playing a draw the foul tyope of game....not as a comparision between the two.

Wade drew shitloads of fouls and has a battered body because of it.....demar draws alot of fouls and most likely will get a beat up body as a result.
          You realize Pierce has a higher career foul draw rate than demar right? Guys like dd and Pierce aren't participating in the same kind of high impact plays on a regular basis as someone like wade. It's a totally different stress on your body

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            Plus are we just conveniently forgetting how wade played? People think lowry is going hard, wade used to throw himself into contact and try to do all this crazy acrobatic stuff through contact. He played so dangerously lol

Nobody remembers the "fall 7 times, get up 8 times" commercial? When D Wade was with Converse?
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I brought up wade to show the damage that a persons body takes from playing a draw the foul tyope of game....not as a comparision between the two.

Wade drew shitloads of fouls and has a battered body because of it.....demar draws alot of fouls and most likely will get a beat up body as a result.
              DeMar draws very different fouls (a lot of them on pump fakes and jump shots) and doesn't crash into bigs under the basket at break-neck speed or end up on top of cameramen on a regular basis like Wade did. Lowry does, though. At some point Lowry will probably have to play less physically and he'll lose some of his speed, but he'll still be valuable as a 3 pt shooter.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Let's be real, I could say demar could emulate tyronn lue post 30 and you'd say he lacks the quickness so it's really a moot point. You don't like him, we get it, you aren't even attempting to be objective which is *gasp* trolling

While I didn't really understand the hostility toward DeMar when I first came here, I am impressed with how nearly everyone who was prepared to let DeMar "walk", over the summer, has been quick to give him his "props" (based on a couple of months of play). I think it really does show that the RR members first love is basketball - however much we might disagree about what we're seeing, from time-to-time.

A very good thing.

[Edit: And Snooch has acknowledged DD'S better play, too. Have to remember that. ]

Comment

• I like the idea of bringing in Thad Young but, not at the cost of JV. If you can keep JV and bring in Young I'm all for it. Even though Young is the better player of the two. Also they already have Lopez so I don't think they would be interested in JV.

Young is playing out of his mind this year.

15.8 PTS, 9.3 REB, 1.5 AST(1.8 TO), 1.6 STL, .521 FG

Averaging a double double in December. Dude is just balling. I think he would fit just fine on our roster as well. This think about him having to need shooters around him to be successful isn't true. The only shooter they have starting next to him is Joe Johnson.

Starting line up
                  KL
                  DD
                  DC
                  TY
                  JV

Could contend in the east for years to come. Thad Young is only 27 right in the middle of his prime.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Let's be fair. I've given DD plenty of love lately, and I still hate the pierce comparison.

Pierce always generated a quarter of his offense on above the break 3s. DeMar will never be that guy. It's just a flawed comparison because of the difference in their games. You can run Pierce on off-ball screen sets to generate 3s from anywhere on the floor, you can't do that with DeMar.

Pierce translated his game into a lower usage shooter role. I can't see DeMar doing that,
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      I like the idea of bringing in Thad Young but, not at the cost of JV. If you can keep JV and bring in Young I'm all for it. Even though Young is the better player of the two. Also they already have Lopez so I don't think they would be interested in JV.

Young is playing out of his mind this year.

15.8 PTS, 9.3 REB, 1.5 AST(1.8 TO), 1.6 STL, .521 FG

Averaging a double double in December. Dude is just balling. I think he would fit just fine on our roster as well. This think about him having to need shooters around him to be successful isn't true. The only shooter they have starting next to him is Joe Johnson.

Starting line up
                      KL
                      DD
                      DC
                      TY
                      JV

Could contend in the east for years to come. Thad Young is only 27 right in the middle of his prime.
                      Problem is, Thad is putting up those stats on 21% usage. Where do we find that much usage to give him? He doesn't shoot a lot of midrange shots, and is a bad 3 point shooter. He scores 55% of his baskets in assisted situations. We're an AWFUL team at generating assisted baskets.

You can't put Thad on the floor with DD/Biz/JJ, who are going to be 3 key rotational players if you trade JV. Any Thad/DD/Biz/JJ lineup would have so little shooting that the other team could just stack 4 guys in the paint and shut down our entire offense.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        DeMar draws very different fouls (a lot of them on pump fakes and jump shots) and doesn't crash into bigs under the basket at break-neck speed or end up on top of cameramen on a regular basis like Wade did. Lowry does, though. At some point Lowry will probably have to play less physically and he'll lose some of his speed, but he'll still be valuable as a 3 pt shooter.
                        well, according to a couple of pages back, Demar draws far more fouls from driving to the lane as opposed to pump fake jump shots. As stated vehemently by DanH as well as Jwash.

Comment

You realize Pierce has a higher career foul draw rate than demar right? Guys like dd and Pierce aren't participating in the same kind of high impact plays on a regular basis as someone like wade. It's a totally different stress on your body

Pierce is larger and stronger and got fouled off of post ups.

Demar draws them closer to Wade than Pierce.

see how I made a post that wast dripping in condescension? Its pretty easy.

Comment

stop back seat modding.

And I am being completely objective, you are just caught in attempting to compare Demars play with Pierces when demar hits 30....which is absolute terrible.

You can say I am trolling or whatever...which last I checked is against the rules here, yet for some reason you are continually allowed to post that shit....but the fact is it was a terrible horawful comparison for playstyles or anything other than some puffery.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Problem is, Thad is putting up those stats on 21% usage. Where do we find that much usage to give him? He doesn't shoot a lot of midrange shots, and is a bad 3 point shooter. He scores 55% of his baskets in assisted situations. We're an AWFUL team at generating assisted baskets.

You can't put Thad on the floor with DD/Biz/JJ, who are going to be 3 key rotational players if you trade JV. Any Thad/DD/Biz/JJ lineup would have so little shooting that the other team could just stack 4 guys in the paint and shut down our entire offense.
                              You do know that I said no to trading JV for Young. What's the percentage of JV's buckets being assisted?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                You do know that I said no to trading JV for Young. What's the percentage of JV's buckets being assisted?
                                JV also gets around 55% of his baskets assisted. My opinion is we don't let him go to work in the post enough though, he's shown the ability to get his own shot. JV is also, incidentally, a better midrange shooter than Thad(as is Scola, as is Patterson, even this year). Thad Young simply wouldn't be an upgrade over the Scola/Patterson combo in any significant way.

Comment

Working...
                                X