• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Key Stats Update:

112 oRTG
    .162 WS/48 (4.4 WS)
    54.9 TS%

Also thanks to that outburst from 3 against the Bulls, his percentages are back to normal. 38.7% from the corners, 29.5% overall. Hoping for 40% & 31% on the season, we'll see though.

Also his long 2 attempts continue to decrease now. He's actually taking almost the same percentage of shots at the rim (22.2% of his attempts) as he is from long 2 (22.7%) which is great. That's the number one difference between this year and his last all-star season. While he was very good in 2013-14, he was taking more than twice as many long twos (36.2% of his shots) as shots at the rim (15.3%). That's what's responsible for the spike in efficiency from slightly below average to a fair bit above average.... and on his kind of volume that's absolutely great.

Now if only we could win some games too....
    Remember to vote!

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      Remember to vote!
      Use this link and vote for 10 Raptors every day. That's what I've been doing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=NBAVote+Raptors

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        The left corner is where he's good. It's insane the disparity between DeMar's left corner/right corner 3 pointers.
        I think it's just sample size variability. Last season he shot far better from the right corner.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I think it's just sample size variability. Last season he shot far better from the right corner.
          Yeah, I think it's basically just: Corners = good, above the break = bad

Like I think he's shooting around 20% on above the break 3s. That's 60 points per 100 possessions. It'd actually be smarter for him to take long 2s than take those (where he would get about 70).

On the other hand from the corners he's getting about 115 points per 100 possessions. Which is actually even more than what he gets from driving the basketball.

Speaking of drives, forgot that in my key stats. Still leads the league in points per game off drives at 8.8, shooting 52.6% on them. 2nd in drives per game at 11.8
          Last edited by JWash; Tue Jan 5, 2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            Yeah, I think it's basically just: Corners = good, above the break = bad

Like I think he's shooting around 20% on above the break 3s. That's 60 points per 100 possessions. It'd actually be smarter for him to take long 2s than take those (where he would get about 70).

On the other hand from the corners he's getting about 115 points per 100 possessions. Which is actually even more than what he gets from driving the basketball.

Speaking of drives, forgot that in my key stats. Still leads the league in points per game off drives at 8.8, shooting 52.6% on them. 2nd in drives per game at 11.8
            A little skewed by the large number of drives he makes per game. He's very good at this, but for perspective, he's at ~0.74 PPP on drives, and also assists on 7.3% of his drives. Curry only scores 5 points per game on drives, but scores 0.87 PPP on drives and assists on 9.2%

Among players who drive at least 5 times per game, DeMar scores at the 8th highest rate. Still elite. He also passes the most out of anyone in the top 10, and only 3 guys in the top 10 have a better assist rate on drives. So he's very good at that.

115 PPP on corner threes sounds impressive, but context is important here. Most good 3 point shooters are well above that on corner 3s. Ross is at 125 PPP. Steph Curry is at 133.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Ditto. I'm spreading the votes around a little bit. Scola, Ross, Bruno and others are getting some love ...

Comment

Very handy!

Comment

• Tha Data Stats Crew aka D.S.C. of Tha Good(toronto) were wondering
                  why the haters were hating on the Hardest Working brotha on The Raptors Demar DeRozan

Tha Geek Squad decided They were gonna Defend The Raptors Hardest Worker

Barolt, JWash went to work , Straight Buck Wild Styles,

They Stayed Up Late finding all the Stats

Tha D.S.C aka DATA STATS CREW DO NOT PLAY,

Showing How Example elevated his Game To Near Greatness Levels.

Tha Whole of Tha Good(toronto) was Shocked and did not have Nothing to say

Tha Toronto Crew was celebrating after the hammering the D.S.C did to the haters
                  and took the D.S.C to Get Food and Drinks

Tha Good(toronto) was showing Mad Love to Tha D.S.C for Representing Proper against the haters

Yall Must Know Tha Data Stats Crew Ain't No Joke, Them Brothas Straight Shooters, When They Zoned Tha Geek Squad Don't Miss

Tha Geek Squad Represented Hard and shutdown the haters...Big Up Tha Geeks

Last edited by CB4Champ; Wed Jan 6, 2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Wow
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Just want to clarify, I'm still not 100% sold on DeMar as a core member of the team, I just think it's only fair to represent stats without bias. When DeMar's good, he's good.

The other stat I've been looking at this week for him is his defense... that isn't good.

Guys being guarded by DeMar are shooting 42% from three this season, 7% above their season average.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Just want to clarify, I'm still not 100% sold on DeMar as a core member of the team, I just think it's only fair to represent stats without bias. When DeMar's good, he's good.

The other stat I've been looking at this week for him is his defense... that isn't good.

Guys being guarded by DeMar are shooting 42% from three this season, 7% above their season average.
                        His DRtg is up to 108, which isn't terrible but it is below average. He was at 105-106 for most of the season, so hopefully he gets his DRtg back down, but I have a feeling it's gone up due to the absence of Carroll and DD having to take on tougher assignments defensively.

Comment

His DRtg is up to 108, which isn't terrible but it is below average. He was at 105-106 for most of the season, so hopefully he gets his DRtg back down, but I have a feeling it's gone up due to the absence of Carroll and DD having to take on tougher assignments defensively.
                          Who has he been guarding?

I admit I havent watched all 48 minutes of the games lately, but havent seen much of Demar guarding guys like Lebron etc.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                            Who has he been guarding?

I admit I havent watched all 48 minutes of the games lately, but havent seen much of Demar guarding guys like Lebron etc.
                            He got torched by Jimmy Butler in the Bulls game. That's pretty much a perfect example of a guy that Carroll would be covering instead if he was healthy. He probably got matched up with Lebron some too when Casey decided to go small and DD is forced to play SF. It would be weird to only be a coincidence that DD's DRtg has taken a hit at the same time Carroll went down. Quite possibly the entire teams DRtg has taken a hit as we're getting smoked in 4th quarters lately.

Comment

He got torched by Jimmy Butler in the Bulls game. That's pretty much a perfect example of a guy that Carroll would be covering instead if he was healthy. He probably got matched up with Lebron some too when Casey decided to go small and DD is forced to play SF. It would be weird to only be a coincidence that DD's DRtg has taken a hit at the same time Carroll went down. Quite possibly the entire teams DRtg has taken a hit as we're getting smoked in 4th quarters lately.
                              DeMar's defensive performance against the Cavs was painful to watch though. JR Smith was doing nothing but sitting at the 3point line waiting for DeMar to sag off, and it just happened over, and over again.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Wow
                                hey so you guys should definitely make CB4Champ a mod, right? :P

Comment

Working...
                                X