No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked DeRozan before it was cool ...

Comment

• DeRozan is a unicorn lol. Having that 3rd season breakout in his 7th year, nuts.

It's hard to think of guys who actually got this much tangibly better at this point in their careers (who actually got playing time in the years prior). Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Steve Nash.

Edit: Like I mean we've seen the build up to this, though which is why I didn't want to get rid of him, because I figured eventually he'd figure it out or a coach/team would help him figure it out. Flashes of the handle improving, the playmaking, the footwork etc. But it's like this year he just figured out the whole mental aspect of the game, that veteran savvy that's making him so much more valuable to himself and the team.
      Last edited by JWash; Thu Jan 21, 2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
        I liked DeRozan before it was cool ...
        Lol me and you both buddy.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
          I liked DeRozan before it was cool ...
          I liked good basketball before Demar thought it was cool

All jokes aside, nice to see the sustained change so far. Half way through the season with minimal regression stretches.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I liked good basketball before Demar thought it was cool

All jokes aside, nice to see the sustained change so far. Half way through the season with minimal regression stretches.
            I think the reason his able to sustain is cause his that much better this year. Can consistently get by the initial defender because of his improved handle. I heard say that he doesn't worry about the primary defender on him. Just worries about the help once he beats the first guy. Before it would depend on match how well he would play. Now it doesn't matter. I think his already schooled every elite wing defender in this league.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I think the reason his able to sustain is cause his that much better this year. Can consistently get by the initial defender because of his improved handle. I heard say that he doesn't worry about the primary defender on him. Just worries about the help once he beats the first guy. Before it would depend on match how well he would play. Now it doesn't matter. I think his already schooled every elite wing defender in this league.
              But he's not consistently getting past the initial defender by himself. His success on iso's is roughly the same as last season (a little better but not much). He's using screens more (up to 30% PnR compared to 20% last season) - more importantly, he's using screens that put him towards the basket (pick and roll) instead of coming up off a down screen (which tended to lead him away from the rim and into a jumper). Which is great.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                But he's not consistently getting past the initial defender by himself. His success on iso's is roughly the same as last season (a little better but not much). He's using screens more (up to 30% PnR compared to 20% last season) - more importantly, he's using screens that put him towards the basket (pick and roll) instead of coming up off a down screen (which tended to lead him away from the rim and into a jumper). Which is great.
                Wouldn't that have to do with the coaching than? Putting him in better situations to succeed.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Wouldn't that have to do with the coaching than? Putting him in better situations to succeed.
                  Absolutely and it's about freaking time.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yup, coach Rex is earning his paycheck

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yup, coach Rex is earning his paycheck
                      Again, even if Casey is not the one actually putting in the schemes, being willing to cooperate with, listen to and utilize the minds of your assistants is a major part of good coaching.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        Again, even if Casey is not the one actually putting in the schemes, being willing to cooperate with, listen to and utilize the minds of your assistants is a major part of good coaching.
                        Yup, but it shouldn't be your top asset.

Although I guess it is cheaper to keep replacing assistants if it achieves the same goal; so brilliance from Masai?

Comment

• I'm guessing that's a jk since Rex is our defensive coordinator.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            Agreed, if Rick Carlisle can let Casey be his defensive coordinator than there shouldn't be shame on Casey's part.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm guessing that's a jk since Rex is our defensive coordinator.
                              Andy Greer is defence.

Rex Kalamian is offence.

Comment

Andy Greer is defence.

Rex Kalamian is offence.
                                Is Nick Nurse not with the team anymore?
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X