Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    But we also played better O two years ago and Nurse got credit for that. Think last year was a shitstorm where between our zero accountability coach, and personnel that liked or got into their heads they should chuck. Maybe Rex is helping with accountability though
    Yeah, who really knows. Anything is possible at this point, but as Dan pointed out, there was a systemic change in how Demar was receiving the ball. Nurse's stuff seemed, as I recall, mostly with horns (which they should still be running more).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      We are talking about a change in DD's offense.. it could be something that Stackhouse has been whispering to him in his ear.. he is new as well to the team and I'm sure is working with DD more so than any of the other assistants.
      Idk though I'm not sure I would've called Stackhouse a slasher in his day. He took a fuck-ton of long jumpers. More than half of his shots came from beyond 16 feet. That's because he shot more threes than DeRozan (although Stackhouse wasn't a good 3PT shooter either, 30.9% on his career), but he hardly took any shots from 3-10 feet which DeRozan is currently using quite a lot atm.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Idk though I'm not sure I would've called Stackhouse a slasher in his day. He took a fuck-ton of long jumpers. More than half of his shots came from beyond 16 feet. That's because he shot more threes than DeRozan (although Stackhouse wasn't a good 3PT shooter either, 30.9% on his career), but he hardly took any shots from 3-10 feet which DeRozan is currently using quite a lot atm.
        Yeah, only way I can see Stackhouse really impacting DDs game is if Stackhouse had some sort of post-career epiphany.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Idk though I'm not sure I would've called Stackhouse a slasher in his day. He took a fuck-ton of long jumpers. Like half of his shots came from beyond 16 feet. That's because he shot more threes than DeRozan, but he hardly took any shots from 3-10 feet which DeRozan is currently using quite a lot atm.
          I'm not comparing the way the two played.

I'm just saying that maybe he should get the credit for helping convince DD to play differently this year. Stackhouse would relate better with the players then anyone else in management simply because he played in the league not that long ago.

Not every coach has to teach their players to play like they did.

Comment

I'm just saying that maybe he should get the credit for helping convince DD to play differently this year. Stackhouse would relate better with the players then anyone else in management simply because he played in the league not that long ago.

But it seems much more likely that the change that Dan pointed out is coaching strategy change rather than a Demar approach change. Unless DD was ignoring the coaches (which seems unlikely), don't see how Stack's relationship is too much of a factor.

Comment

I know, I just figured like why would Stackhouse really have a problem with how DD was playing before, when that's basically how he played lol. I see what you're saying though.

I think DD's improvements are a result somewhat of a few tweaks to the offense, but primarily him just realizing, "Why take a long 2 when I drive 11, 12 times a game and get easy shots?"

Comment

I know, I just figured like why would Stackhouse really have a problem with how DD was playing before, when that's basically how he played lol. I see what you're saying though.

I think DD's improvements are a result somewhat of a few tweaks to the offense, but primarily him just realizing, "Why take a long 2 when I drive 11, 12 times a game and get easy shots?"
                I agree. Not to suggest that the coaches haven't had an influence, but it appears that both Lowry and Demar did what they needed to do in the offseason to take their games up a notch. For Lowry, it was conditioning, and for Demar it was shot selection.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Yup, but it shouldn't be your top asset.

Although I guess it is cheaper to keep replacing assistants if it achieves the same goal; so brilliance from Masai?
                  Well putting a problem solver of Masai's caliber a credit to Tim Lieweke? Well hiring Tim Lieweke's vision and execution a credit to MLSE? Isn't spending so much money on these MLSE teams so that they can go spend it on these luxury executives a brilliance of us the fans?

So Demar taking few damas shots this season is because of us, the fans, people. Own it!

We did it. We changed Demar!!!

Comment

But it seems much more likely that the change that Dan pointed out is coaching strategy change rather than a Demar approach change. Unless DD was ignoring the coaches (which seems unlikely), don't see how Stack's relationship is too much of a factor.
                    Well Stackhouse could very well be in Caseys ear, saying "how do you expect him to convert on this play, when you're putting him here, and these guys are WAY over there? What if you do this and this with Demar, he could maybe have a better chance to .." whatever. Casey's loves old vets, and he'd probably play Stackhouse if he could .. so I wouldn't it past him to consider things that Stack may have to say.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                      Well putting a problem solver of Masai's caliber a credit to Tim Lieweke? Well hiring Tim Lieweke's vision and execution a credit to MLSE? Isn't spending so much money on these MLSE teams so that they can go spend it on these luxury executives a brilliance of us the fans?

So Demar taking few damas shots this season is because of us, the fans, people. Own it!

We did it. We changed Demar!!!
                      Isn't mlse exceedingly wealthy cause of the leafs?
                      Did hockey change demar?
                      If a leaf falls in an empty arena does Ujiri make a sound?
                      Am I still typing?
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Joey wrote: View Post
                        Well Stackhouse could very well be in Caseys ear, saying "how do you expect him to convert on this play, when you're putting him here, and these guys are WAY over there? What if you do this and this with Demar, he could maybe have a better chance to .." whatever. Casey's loves old vets, and he'd probably play Stackhouse if he could .. so I wouldn't it past him to consider things that Stack may have to say.
                        my doubt is more related to Stack's awareness.

Comment

my doubt is more related to Stack's awareness.
                          That's certainly fair.

Comment

• I picture stacks job to be kind of the "players coach". Still young recently in the league, everybody knew his name. Most of the other coaches are old white guys...and Dwane who doesn't know how to use an iPhone or find a hat that fits.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah, who really knows. Anything is possible at this point, but as Dan pointed out, there was a systemic change in how Demar was receiving the ball. Nurse's stuff seemed, as I recall, mostly with horns (which they should still be running more).
                              For all we know Nurse has been harping that for 2 years (and I can't honestly say we didn't have DeMar doing that more 2 years ago than last year...my guess is we did, even if now it's gotten even better), but Casey didn't want to risk the adjustment.

Comment

We are talking about a change in DD's offense.. it could be something that Stackhouse has been whispering to him in his ear.. he is new as well to the team and I'm sure is working with DD more so than any of the other assistants.
                                that's interesting, I had not considered that. With Stackhouse I had assumed it had more to do with the rooks.
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X