Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich.

The fringe basketball minds in the basement doing the internet stuff clearly don't understand basketball.

DeRozan starts doing what they've been clamouring for (for YEARS!) and he has the best season in his 7 year career.

oh..... wait a second.....

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Rich.

The fringe basketball minds in the basement doing the internet stuff clearly don't understand basketball.

DeRozan starts doing what they've been clamouring for (for YEARS!) and he has the best season in his 7 year career.

oh..... wait a second.....
      He didn't say that they don't understand basketball, he said that they don't understand or respect the hard work, the process. Don't have the patience for it. Which is true.

Comment

• Proof that Casey is stuck in another era.

""Everything today is instant," Raptors head coach Dwane Casey said. "You want instant coffee, microwave ovens, all things are instant now, you want it right now."

Half expected the next line to go on about the "hipping and the hopping, don't know what the jazz is all about."

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          He didn't say that they don't understand basketball, he said that they don't understand or respect the hard work, the process. Don't have the patience for it. Which is true.
          It's not necessarily true. Some 'old school' types are on the internet too. It's just a poor generalization that doesn't really offer anything tangible, which is a staple of Casey's interviews for the past few years. Keep pounding the rock!

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Casey can go fuck himself honestly.

As one of the "people doing internet things" (by the way, i don't live in a basement, fuck you Dwane), I think this comment is a joke. I'm working towards a doctorate, don't tell me I don't understand hard work and patience. Hell, I advocated for tanking.

I have lots of respect for the hard work Derozan has put in. I just think it's hilarious that the coach of our team won't admit to the fact that the approach has changed entirely in Derozan's game (until the last few games, at least), and that it JUST MIGHT be the reason he's finally having a good year. An approach change which, by the way, we've been calling for forever.

But what the fuck do I know, right?

Comment

Nonsense.

DD has always out the work in.

Results were not as they are until he changes his game.

Comment

• Lol nonsense, ok.

Don't understand why people are offended by his comments. If you don't live in a basement it shouldn't apply to you, let it roll off your shoulder.

All people here do is call Casey stupid, dumb, brainless, etc - myself included - it shouldn't be a big deal when he says something like that. You guys do know that coaches and players have access to the internet right? They definitely read some of this stuff (maybe not this forum but fan posts on the internet in general).
                Last edited by JWash; Wed Feb 3, 2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Don't understand why people are offended by his comments. If you don't live in a basement it shouldn't apply to you, let it roll off your shoulder.
                  I'm not personally offended, but they are a rather insulting generalizing statement at any fan who dared to question his methods, while sweeping aside all reality of what happened. Just another reason to dislike the coach imo.

Comment

• Lmao at the people who are angry at Casey's statement.

Why you mad for?

Taking exception like he's talking about you....Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol nonsense, ok.

All people here do is call Casey stupid, dumb, brainless, etc - myself included - it shouldn't be a big deal when he says something like that. You guys do know that coaches and players have access to the internet right? They definitely read some of this stuff (maybe not this forum but fan posts on the internet in general).
                      like axel said, i'm not personally offended.

I just dislike Casey's comments as they generalize all his critics as some kind of subhuman underground dwellers and therefore not worth considering.

It goes back to the debate about whether someone outside the NBA game is qualified to comment. I believe yes, casey obviously believes no. But he might want to start considering changes or he'll find himself outside the NBA game pretty quick too.

But no surprise coming from the guy who flashes the championship ring he rode along for at the press conference post-sweep.
                      Last edited by KHD; Wed Feb 3, 2016, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• DeRozan starts doing what the Internet fools have always asked of him and has a career year.

Casey is the real winner here. He is being paid nearly $4M per year for something most of us figured out a long time ago.

Since DD has changed his game, I guess hell came and the high water receded.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          DeRozan starts doing what the Internet fools have always asked of him and has a career year.

Casey is the real winner here. He is being paid nearly $4M per year for something most of us figured out a long time ago.

Since DD has changed his game, I guess hell came and the high water receded.
                          living the dream

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            like axel said, i'm not personally offended.

I just dislike Casey's comments as they generalize all his critics as some kind of subhuman underground dwellers and therefore not worth considering.

It goes back to the debate about whether someone outside the NBA game is qualified to comment. I believe yes, casey obviously believes no. But he might want to start considering changes or he'll find himself outside the NBA game pretty quick too.

But no surprise coming from the guy who flashes the championship ring he rode along for at the press conference post-sweep.
                            Exactly.

It is another swipe at his critics...who were more right than him all along.

Here I thought he had grown as a coah by taking the loss for the players vs. Denver. I guess still a little more to go Coach.

Comment

• lol. heaven forbid someone who takes as much shit as casey or derozan would take a shot when he gets it. hahaha

Comment

• Its actually funny how worked up you guys are about this lol.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X