Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Only opinion that matter is Masai's. I've always said that 20-22 mil seem fair to me.
    Was beginning to seem fair throughout the season, not anymore. Way too high for him.

Comment

Only opinion that matter is Masai's. I've always said that 20-22 mil seem fair to me.
      The problem is he's gonna get 25. Even YOU think that's too high
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Hmm, so significantly more than what Lowry and JV both make?

Yea I would only get behind that if Masai believes he can move him for good value and couldn't put the 15mil cap hold to better use

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Arguing about it isn't going to change that
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Arguing about it isn't going to change that
            I'm not arguing I'm saying it sucks. Discussion board and all that right?

Comment

Again, let's be clear here. 25M a year is the hometown discount I was hoping for for most of the year.

A 4 year max from another team would be 28M a year. A 5 year max from us would be 30M a year.

If you are going to brace for a high number, 25M might be falling a bit short.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Again, let's be clear here. 25M a year is the hometown discount I was hoping for for most of the year.

A 4 year max from another team would be 28M a year. A 5 year max from us would be 30M a year.

Mother of God.

Comment

• By the way, this argument I heard all year about how DeMar's game will age really well because he doesn't rely on athleticism...

What Whiteside, George and Turner have done to him, if he gets less athletic, a lot more guys will start doing to him.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Also, for the drives argument:

In this series, for the Raps:

Lowry has scored 2 points on 24 drives.

DeMar has scored 10 points on 23 drives.

CoJo has scored 8 points on 7 drives.

Carroll has scored 5 points on 7 drives.

Ross has scored 8 points on 6 drives.

Powell has scored 2 points on 5 drives.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Also, for the drives argument:

I counted at least 3 or 4 times last night lowry was alone under the basket and just kept dribbling right back out again. In the regular season he scores 2 or maybe draws a foul. Was it whiteside? Confidence? Both? Either way not good. Derozan gonna be derozan, his play does not surprise me at all. However advancing still depends on lowry getting his swagger back. I am STILL holding out hope of that happening, and yes I am thrilled that jv got us the win last night to buy us more time.

Comment

Can't believe DD missed 6 free throws. Never seen that before.
                        If his thumb is banged up; you can't fault him for that.

Regardless of any criticisms of the guy; he's an elite FT shooter. I don't think it was torn or anything so the recovery will most likely be pretty fast.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This is Halloween level scary.

Barolt wrote: View Post
                          Also, for the drives argument:

Lowry's look worse than it is; he's driven a lot and stopped and dished it out for little reason where in the season; that's either 2 points, an and-1 or 2 FTs. I know he didn't like the way it felt during the Regular Season but he needs to re-wear the padded sleeve. I think he's worried about making the injury worse if he bumps into someone.

The standout of those listed though is CoJo. Surprised he only has 7.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Same core. Same problems.
                            May I add.

I talked a lot about how not changing the status quo of DD-Casey in the offseason will eventually end up with the same heap of poo.

The team won a lot of games on Lowrys back this season and DD did ok, so I was one of the few left on the board that had to fight to say that this is the same team with the same problems. Took some flak for it too...and thought I may end up eating crow because the Casey-DD pair had done better for quite a while.

But this reversion to this style of basketball is an ego stroke for sure for sticking to my guns all season, against 99% of the boards opinion. Hell I was basically RRs version of The Onion for a while...but in the end

Same core, same problems. Time to move on. We saw this last year and this year, and I dont know why we (RR as a whole) thought it would turn out different.

Comment

I counted at least 3 or 4 times last night lowry was alone under the basket and just kept dribbling right back out again. In the regular season he scores 2 or maybe draws a foul. Was it whiteside? Confidence? Both? Either way not good. Derozan gonna be derozan, his play does not surprise me at all. However advancing still depends on lowry getting his swagger back. I am STILL holding out hope of that happening, and yes I am thrilled that jv got us the win last night to buy us more time.
                              I think it was Whiteside's 1st block of the night, he caught Lowry on a drive down the middle. Lowry was probably thinking about that whenever he stepped into the paint.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                May I add.

I talked a lot about how not changing the status quo of DD-Casey in the offseason will eventually end up with the same heap of poo.

The team won a lot of games on Lowrys back this season and DD did ok, so I was one of the few left on the board that had to fight to say that this is the same team with the same problems. Took some flak for it too...and thought I may end up eating crow because the Casey-DD pair had done better for quite a while.

But this reversion to this style of basketball is an ego stroke for sure for sticking to my guns all season, against 99% of the boards opinion. Hell I was basically RRs version of The Onion for a while...but in the end

Same core, same problems. Time to move on. We saw this last year and this year, and I dont know why we (RR as a whole) thought it would turn out different.
                                Just to bold on that; for me it was less of a concern this year BECAUSE Lowry was good enough to carry us by himself if needed (which is also why I was vary admant about the minutes he was playing all year). The problem is that, if Lowry's not fully healthy, we can't just power through those same problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X