Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Jonas is by far the leader of whining to the refs. I mean, it's not even close.

Every.

Single.

Whistle.
    To be fair, it's not like he's fast enough to stop a fast break. Might as well state his case while he's there.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      DD is by far the worst raptor for doing that
      Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Jonas is by far the leader of whining to the refs. I mean, it's not even close.

Every.

Single.

Whistle.
      You guys can't be serious. It's Lowry by a country mile.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        You guys can't be serious. It's Lowry by a country mile.
        Lowry's up there, but we can confidently say that he's able to brush off bad calls, and concentrate on the next play immediately. Not sure we can say the same about Jonas....and to a lesser extent, DeRozan.

Comment

• Haven't listened to it yet, but here you go:

Comment

• Listening to it now.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lowry's up there, but we can confidently say that he's able to brush off bad calls, and concentrate on the next play immediately. Not sure we can say the same about Jonas....and to a lesser extent, DeRozan.
              I feel like you have things backwards.

Lowry is the most volatile player. He can get a bad call and play with a chip after, but he's also easily the guy who complains the loudest (maybe most too) and is most likely to get a tech. He talks to the refs a lot, but also does it a lot in dead situations.

Jonas complains a lot but not intensely, and it makes sense since he makes contact with guys on just about every play on both ends because of rebounding duties and just being a big guy people aren't afraid to hit. He rarely complains too emphatically (*here I mean getting in a ref's face, not just shouting "woo!" or "hey!" when getting hit), and it doesn't really impact him getting back on D. He doesn't always play through it the best psychologically, but it doesn't "interrupt" him playing a lot.

Demar is terrible with it because when he decides to complain or lay on the ground to make a point about a call, he's literally giving up on the next play. He also stubbornly keeps looking for whistles he thinks he deserves, and sometimes when he's not getting calls he just keeps playing stupid looking for them and spends lots of time complaining and not getting back on D. So he gives up on plays laying on the ground looking for calls, and isn't good at playing through a bad whistle either. **And DeMar is probably a lot better here than he used to be. There was a time when it felt like at least once or twice every game minimum he'd find his way to the floor driving into 4 defenders and wait on the ground for a call he was never going to get.

So I'd say Demar is the worst because he does such things with decent regularity where his complaining can be costly on top of it.

Lowry next because every now and then he gets the tech for it.

Jonas last because his complaining is rarely resulting in a tech or costly in transition.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Mar 8, 2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Haven't listened to it yet, but here you go:

Thanks. They've been great so far. Will listen to it shortly

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Interesting that 2 of his first four or five guests have been raps (even if he did record it at the all star game)

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Lowry is the most volatile player. He can get a bad call and play with a chip after, but he's also easily the guy who complains the loudest (maybe most too) and is most likely to get a tech. He talks to the refs a lot, but also does it a lot in dead situations.

Jonas complains a lot but not intensely, and it makes sense since he makes contact with guys on just about every play on both ends because of rebounding duties and just being a big guy people aren't afraid to hit. He rarely complains too emphatically (*here I mean getting in a ref's face, not just shouting "woo!" or "hey!" when getting hit), and it doesn't really impact him getting back on D. He doesn't always play through it the best psychologically, but it doesn't "interrupt" him playing a lot.

Demar is terrible with it because when he decides to complain or lay on the ground to make a point about a call, he's literally giving up on the next play. He also stubbornly keeps looking for whistles he thinks he deserves, and sometimes when he's not getting calls he just keeps playing stupid looking for them and spends lots of time complaining and not getting back on D. So he gives up on plays laying on the ground looking for calls, and isn't good at playing through a bad whistle either. **And DeMar is probably a lot better here than he used to be. There was a time when it felt like at least once or twice every game minimum he'd find his way to the floor driving into 4 defenders and wait on the ground for a call he was never going to get.

So I'd say Demar is the worst because he does such things with decent regularity where his complaining can be costly on top of it.

Jonas last because his complaining is rarely resulting in a tech or costly in transition.

You make a lot of good points.

Agree on Lowry's volatility. But he also has the ability to not react at all, keep his mouth shut, and wait for the next live ball. Don't think I've ever seen Jonas not question a call with a his arms raised to emphasize verticality, or a dismissive wave in the refs' general direction.

And agreed on DeRozan's fake injuries. They're excruciating to watch. Pounding the ground for added emphasis. Reminds me of Vince in that regard.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Yup, one thing to complain AFTER a whistle, totally different than complaining while the play is going to the other end.

To be fair to DeMar though, the way he's played defence this year, it may not make that much of a difference which end of the court he's on.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

You make a lot of good points.

Agree on Lowry's volatility. But he also has the ability to not react at all, keep his mouth shut, and wait for the next live ball. Don't think I've ever seen Jonas not question a call with a his arms raised to emphasize verticality, or a dismissive wave in the refs' general direction.

And agreed on DeRozan's fake injuries. They're excruciating to watch. Pounding the ground for added emphasis. Reminds me of Vince in that regard.
                        Yeah, JV questions every call. But the topic wasn't really questioning of calls, it was the impact that disagreement with the refs has on the next play - DeMar is the guy who most often is the last back in transition because he's taking his time getting up after not getting a call, talking to the refs while he does. JV is slow getting back sometimes because of his feet, not his mouth.

That said, I don't think it is really a problem for anyone, certainly nothing pressing. Of all the criticisms one could level at DeMar, his complaints to the refs are pretty mild in terms of impact on the team.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Give us a synopsis of what he says. I can't listen until much later today.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• So, now Demar................ falls down too much????????????? Jesus Christ. This thread has now officially descended into complete and total farce.

You guys are slowly turning me into Chr1s1anL.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, JV questions every call. But the topic wasn't really questioning of calls, it was the impact that disagreement with the refs has on the next play - DeMar is the guy who most often is the last back in transition because he's taking his time getting up after not getting a call, talking to the refs while he does. JV is slow getting back sometimes because of his feet, not his mouth.

That said, I don't think it is really a problem for anyone, certainly nothing pressing. Of all the criticisms one could level at DeMar, his complaints to the refs are pretty mild in terms of impact on the team.
                              Yeah, this was more about clarifying what kind of complainers our guys are and DeMar's is often the most "costly", even if we're talking just the odd play every 2-4 games. That's still more than Lowry and JV get techs or don't get back on D. And most of our other guys don't talk much at all. Biyombo does a decent amount, and at times I've seen Cojo complain a bit. Other guys it's hard to picture them doing so.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                So, now Demar................ falls down too much????????????? Jesus Christ. This thread has now officially descended into complete and total farce.

You guys are slowly turning me into Chr1s1anL.
                                Not falls down, stays down.

https://streamable.com/x2pv

That is frankly embarrassing, even moreso than his half-hearted heaves after the buzzer already sounded last year. But fortunately he stopped doing that as much and hopefully someone will get on him for this too.

Comment

Working...
                                X