Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Demar Derozan

Just looked at team salaries for 2015-16.

Amazing to see the Raptors in the bottom half of Team Salaries yet one of the Final 4 teams.

If we have to pay to keep one of our best players we should. Try to get a bargain and move on.

I believe in Masai. The future looks bright for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by special1; Mon May 16, 2016, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• After making it to the ECF I really don't know how he could turn his back on his team if they want to match any offer. This is the NBA though and player loyalty to teams is no greater than fan loyalty to players. LOL

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Just looked at team salaries for 2015-16.

Amazing to see the Raptors in the bottom half of Team Salaries yet one of the Final 4 teams.

If we have to pay to keep one of our best players we should. Try to get a bargain and move on.

I believe in Masai. The future looks bright for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        MU will keep DD and will use all the assets that he has ( 2 first round picks), young talents like (Bebe and Bruno) to get that All-STAR PF that we need so badly to make it to the NBA finals next year.

Comment

• This team is winning despite 'bad DeRozan' being present throughout the playoffs. He hit a couple key shots in game #7, but overall he was terribly inefficient. The Heat went on their 2nd half run while Lowry was on the bench and DeRozan was stagnating the offense. Toronto pulled away and buried the Heat while DeRozan was sitting on the bench, allowing defense and passing to lead the Raptors into the ECF.

I'm so intrigued to find out how MU handles the DeRozan situation, assuming DeRozan doesn't bolt for LA.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            This team is winning despite 'bad DeRozan' being present throughout the playoffs. He hit a couple key shots in game #7, but overall he was terribly inefficient. The Heat went on their 2nd half run while Lowry was on the bench and DeRozan was stagnating the offense. Toronto pulled away and buried the Heat while DeRozan was sitting on the bench, allowing defense and passing to lead the Raptors into the ECF.

I'm so intrigued to find out how MU handles the DeRozan situation, assuming DeRozan doesn't bolt for LA.
            This was the big part.

I actually didn't think DeRozan was even coming back into the game in the fourth.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              This team is winning despite 'bad DeRozan' being present throughout the playoffs. He hit a couple key shots in game #7, but overall he was terribly inefficient. The Heat went on their 2nd half run while Lowry was on the bench and DeRozan was stagnating the offense. Toronto pulled away and buried the Heat while DeRozan was sitting on the bench, allowing defense and passing to lead the Raptors into the ECF.

People can defend DeMar all they want, but we have nine guys who have played 100+ minutes in the playoffs.

DeMar has the lowest:

Win shares, win shares per 48 minutes, VORP, BPM, FG%, 3pt%, true shooting percentage. He has the highest usage percentage. The only guys lower in PER are Powell, Patterson and Carroll, who have all been great defensively.

This is not a player 'leading' the team anywhere.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• The only way DD doesn't come back is if he doesn't want him too. In our losses DD played terrible but in our wins he played good. Were not winning despite him.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Will be interesting to see what DD does against Cleveland. If Lebron covers him than that will be tough.. but Lebron may be better off covering Carroll and saving his energy for offense.

DD put up a 1/11 performance against the Cavs back in February and ended up with 6 points in a win (that was the KLOE game). And the way the playoffs are going for him.. a performance like that again doesn't seem too far fetched.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    The only way DD doesn't come back is if he doesn't want him too. In our losses DD played terrible but in our wins he played good. Were not winning despite him.
                    He's been completely awful in losses, and less awful in wins.

But 46.3% true shooting in our 8 wins isn't 'good', especially for a player who's major contributions are on that end of the floor.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      He's been completely awful in losses, and less awful in wins.

But 46.3% true shooting in our 8 wins isn't 'good', especially for a player who's major contributions are on that end of the floor.
                      In the most important games he shows up. This isn't the season, its the Playoffs. No one is going to be as effective as the regular season. Especially when your the number 1 option. Both Lowry and Deebo are shooting under 40% in the playoffs but, they find a way to show up in the big games. When their teammates need them the most. I know you saw me post there stats over the last 3 games in the game thread.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

In the most important games he shows up. This isn't the season, its the Playoffs. No one is going to be as effective as the regular season. Especially when your the number 1 option. Both Lowry and Deebo are shooting under 40% in the playoffs but, they find a way to show up in the big games. When their teammates need them the most. I know you saw me post there stats over the last 3 games in the game thread.
                        Stop lumping Lowry and DeMar together. It's not fair to Lowry.

Lowry was excellent last night. Superstar. MVP Candidate.

DeMar was maybe, at best, acceptable. Which is still a pretty low bar.

Comment

Stop lumping Lowry and DeMar together. It's not fair to Lowry.

Lowry was excellent last night. Superstar. MVP Candidate.

DeMar was maybe, at best, acceptable. Which is still a pretty low bar.
                          Coming from the guy who was slumming them together at the beginning of the series. How we forget how many times you mention Lowry and DD are having the worse shooting performance of any backcourt in history. You weren't calling him a superstar than. That's the thing you have to take the bad with the good. No one is perfect in the playoffs why do you have such a hard time in understanding that? Like Casey said "You have to ride with the guys who got you here"
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Coming from the guy who was slumming them together at the beginning of the series. How we forget how many times you mention Lowry and DD are having the worse shooting performance of any backcourt in history. You weren't calling him a superstar than. That's the thing you have to take the bad with the good. No one is perfect in the playoffs why do you have such a hard time in understanding that? Like Casey said "You have to ride with the guys who got you here"
                            This is a circular argument. You claim that they are the 'guys who got us here', I point out that statistically Lowry was head and shoulders above DeMar all year, and we actually won most of those games because of Lowry, JV and our role players, with DeMar having a much smaller role, you point out his All-Star games, I point out that All-Star games are a meaningless honorific, you point out all the points he scored and ask 'how do we replace those?', I point out JV's incredible efficiency and low usage as well as the efficiency of our bench guys, you point out that DeMar scored a lot in both game 7s, I point out that he was the least efficient guy on the team in both game 7s, so on and so forth...

If all comes down to this. If you value points(with no regard for efficiency) and All-Star games over actually helping your team win games, DeMar might be one of our most important players. If you value things like being efficient, playing within a team concept and playing defense, he's not nearly as good.

I'm in the second group.

Comment

Not to fight anyone's battles but they WERE having the worst shooting performance of any back court in history.

The difference was that that did NOT mean Lowry was playing bad. He was playing great outside of not shooting the ball well. The same can't be said for DeRozan.

I've never liked lumping the two together (for both good and bad) as it always makes Lowry look worse and Demar look better.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

This is a circular argument. You claim that they are the 'guys who got us here', I point out that statistically Lowry was head and shoulders above DeMar all year, and we actually won most of those games because of Lowry, JV and our role players, with DeMar having a much smaller role, you point out his All-Star games, I point out that All-Star games are a meaningless honorific, you point out all the points he scored and ask 'how do we replace those?', I point out JV's incredible efficiency and low usage as well as the efficiency of our bench guys, you point out that DeMar scored a lot in both game 7s, I point out that he was the least efficient guy on the team in both game 7s, so on and so forth...

If all comes down to this. If you value points(with no regard for efficiency) and All-Star games over actually helping your team win games, DeMar might be one of our most important players. If you value things like being efficient, playing within a team concept and playing defense, he's not nearly as good.

I'm in the second group.
                                Team concept? You do know the team wants DD to take those shots right. I value winning and whatever it takes to win. That's what this group has done. Its not always pretty but, its still winning. I've always said my favourite stat is 8-6.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X