Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    I liked this for posting the stats, let's chill a bit on CUrry/Harden/Durant tho lol. DD doesn't have the dazzling efficiency quite yet.
    I meant it in the sense of how many guys are better this season at scoring.

Those 3 clearly are but I'm not sure the number of other guys who are better is that high.

Comment

• Nice thing to see also is that when DeRozan has his big games, they aren't in spite of wins, they're contributing to and coinciding with wins. He's had 14 games with 30+ points and we're 11-3 in those games.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Who really cares where his game/season/stats rank? What matters is that, for the most part, he's developed, expanded, evolved, improved, changed, refined (there should be an adjective to make the full range of lovers/haters/neutrals happy) his game this season, to the benefit of the Raptors.

The only frustration I have with DeRozan this season, is when he forces his game via hero-ball too much. When he lets the game come to him, and plays a more mature and well-rounded team-first game, he's been fantastic. Thankfully, 'bad DeRozan' has only reared his ugly head a few times this season.
        You take the bad with the good. Every good player in the NBA forces stuff from time to time. Part of what makes Derozan so effective is that he is relentless in attacking the paint. Unfortunately, that means some times there will be turnovers, bad shots, etc., precisely because he is dogged about pressuring the defence. When he's really effective is when he limits those bad plays to a handful spread out through the game rather than a burst of them in a key stretch.

Comment

Who really cares where his game/season/stats rank? What matters is that, for the most part, he's developed, expanded, evolved, improved, changed, refined (there should be an adjective to make the full range of lovers/haters/neutrals happy) his game this season, to the benefit of the Raptors.

The only frustration I have with DeRozan this season, is when he forces his game via hero-ball too much. When he lets the game come to him, and plays a more mature and well-rounded team-first game, he's been fantastic. Thankfully, 'bad DeRozan' has only reared his ugly head a few times this season.
          At least in terms of late-game execution, the call for ISO possessions (whether it's DeRozan or Lowry) looks like it comes from the bench.

I just can't fathom a coach putting up with it otherwise.

Comment

Nice thing to see also is that when DeRozan has his big games, they aren't in spite of wins, they're contributing to and coinciding with wins. He's had 14 games with 30+ points and we're 11-3 in those games.
            He needs to reign it in at times though. He takes some ugly shots at times and that stuff can kill you in the playoffs when mistakes are amplified.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              He needs to reign it in at times though. He takes some ugly shots at times and that stuff can kill you in the playoffs when mistakes are amplified.
              Yeah he does. But the reality is he's not a perfect player. Like slaw said you've got to take the bad with the good.

If DeRozan never took a bad shot, made the right pass every single time, knocked down more threes and was a consistently great defensively he would be probably a top 5 player in the league. That is a lot to ask.

Edited typo
              Last edited by JWash; Mon Mar 14, 2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Yeah he does. But the reality is he's not a perfect player. Like slaw said you've got to take the bad with the good.

If DeRozan never took a bad shot, made the right pass every single time, knocked down more threes and was aconsitently great defensively he would be probably Michael Jordan's new and improved twin. That is a lot to ask.
                There ya go
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• anyone watch this short little clip?

woj talks about star dysfunction (harden vs howard / love vs lebron / etc) and heavily praises lowry and demars chemistry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/woj-rep...134057309.html

Comment

I agree. I think that is the only problem most of us have with Derozan. I do feel like this year it has happened less than in years past especially in the first half of the season but I still feel like it happens too often and at critical times. If he played to his strengths you'd never hear a complaint from me. I didn't complain once about him for the majority of the season. Lately I can't help myself I guess.

Comment

If DeRozan never took a bad shot, made the right pass every single time, knocked down more threes and was a consistently great defensively he would be probably a top 5 player in the league. That is a lot to ask.

Edited typo
                      His mistakes aren't expected and accepted tho. Mistakes are mistakes and no one is perfect. But he repeatedly makes the same "mistakes" on purpose which is a problem and let's just say... not smart.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                        His mistakes aren't expected and accepted tho. Mistakes are mistakes and no one is perfect. But he repeatedly makes the same "mistakes" on purpose which is a problem and let's just say... not smart.
                        Can't edit on my phone.. the word "His" at the beginning of the sentence shouldn't be there.

Comment

What are you even talking about?

Demar makes "mistakes" on purpose now?

Care to elaborate on these constant mistakes of which you speak of and explain how you know he's doing it on purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                            What are you even talking about?

Demar makes "mistakes" on purpose now?

Care to elaborate on these constant mistakes of which you speak of and explain how you know he's doing it on purpose?

If you just followed the thread and quotes you'd know. Or just watch him play.

Comment

If you just followed the thread and quotes you'd know. Or just watch him play.
                              Nice. lol

As expected.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                Nice. lol

As expected.

Yeah just don't see the point in responding seriously to someone who's so absurdly biased that he feels the need to come to the rescue of dd for every negative comment associated with him, valid or not, and can't admit to a single fault in the guy. Like would we really get anywhere? There's no point.

Comment

Working...
                                X