Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Durant went 7/33 last night. Worse in shot clock era in the playoffs. I don't see the OKC fan base turning on him. The fact that the DD hate was trending on Twitter. Is embarrassing. What do you guys think Durant thought when he saw that last night?

All scorers will struggle in the playoffs at some point.
    You have to be able to see the difference between the two.

Actually, ignore the difference between the two or even historically on what they two players bring to the table, look at the difference between both of their games last night. Durant was missing a lot of open shots. Durant was also contributing to his team in other ways as well that didn't include scoring. DeRozan did not.

You don't NEED to shoot well to contribute.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      You know what the difference is? KD is a superstar, he has shown time and time again in the Playoffs what he can do, he even played at least decent in Game 1. DD shit the bed in Game 1 and in Game 2.
      Two games against probably the 4th best wing defender in the league. PG has given LeBron problem for good sakes.

All raps fans proved last night is if you have a couple bad games the fan base will turn on you.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Two games against probably the 4th best wing defender in the league. PG has given LeBron problem for good sakes.

All raps fans proved last night is if you have a couple bad games the fan base will turn on you.
        Okay, then do other things to help the team, move the ball, play defense, get rebounds. I've seen a lot of DD going iso against PG in Game 1 and driving, hoping for fouls in Game 2.

Comment

Durant went 7/33 last night. Worse in shot clock era in the playoffs. I don't see the OKC fan base turning on him. The fact that the DD hate was trending on Twitter is embarrassing. What do you guys think Durant thought when he saw that last night?

All scorers will struggle in the playoffs at some point.
          DeMar through two games:

12/3/3 on 27/0/66 shooting splits, 1.8 PER, 30.3% TS, -.144 WS/48

Durant through two games:

22/7/3.5 on 29/23/100 shooting splits, 8.7 PER, 41.3% TS, .049 WS/48

Durant's been bad, but DeMar's been AWFUL. It's not even close.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            You have to be able to see the difference between the two.

Actually, ignore the difference between the two or even historically on what they two players bring to the table, look at the difference between both of their games last night. Durant was missing a lot of open shots. Durant was also contributing to his team in other ways as well that didn't include scoring. DeRozan did not.

You don't NEED to shoot well to contribute.
            I'm not saying he couldn't of done other things. I'm saying the fan base seriously overreacted. We just looked so sad as a fan base last night.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is this the first time you hear the same criticism Demar? Don't pretend like it's just two games. It's been 7 years.

Comment

I'm not saying he couldn't of done other things. I'm saying the fan base seriously overreacted. We just looked so sad as a fan base last night.
                No.

What you're actually doing is trying to figure out why people are complaining about Demar and not doing the same about Durant without actually acknowledging what the complaints are bad.

In Demar's case; it's not just that he's playing outright awful ... it is that his play is actually hurting the team tremendously.

Durant has a history of playing significantly better then this and, even when he's not scoring can contribute in other ways. Outside of this season, Demar hasn't been able to contribute if he's not scoring. People love this season's DeRozan ... no one wants to see the DeRozan of every other season which is exactly who we're seeing.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  Sure, fair enough. He's not playing well and I'm certainly not disputing that but, at the same time, a lot of the reaction around here and elsewhere to two games is way over the top.
                  Yeah, it's really sad. The whole world saw our fan base bashing our All-star. People wonder why people don't want to play here.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    DeMar through two games:

12/3/3 on 27/0/66 shooting splits, 1.8 PER, 30.3% TS, -.144 WS/48

Durant through two games:

22/7/3.5 on 29/23/100 shooting splits, 8.7 PER, 41.3% TS, .049 WS/48

Durant's been bad, but DeMar's been AWFUL. It's not even close.
                    Is that a 1.8 PER? What is Kendrick Perkins?

Comment

Who do you think is better than PG at defending the wing?

4th best seems very specific, so I'm guessing you have a list.

I'd put him behind Leonard, but probably equal to Butler. Not sure if I can think of someone to slip in behind Leonard ahead of them though.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yeah, it's really sad. The whole world saw our fan base bashing our All-star. People wonder why people don't want to play here.
                        I very much doubt the world, even in the NBA sense, cares in the least.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

I'd put him behind Leonard, but probably equal to Butler. Not sure if I can think of someone to slip in behind Leonard ahead of them though.
                          Of course it's Demar Derozan if you are gonna ask him.

Comment

Fan base didn't look sad to me. Demar's play looked sad.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Now whose the one overreacting? Lol.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Leonard, Tony Allen, LBJ and Butler. I guess you can swap Butler/PG.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X