Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Give Ross Demars average usage and I promise you he doesn't put up a 21.5 PER and 9.9WS.

Of course, but that doesn't mean shitting all over the guy when he has a bad couple games while being guarded by a Top-5 Defender in the League.
    Why do people just try and swap players like they're robots??

"Give Ross DDs usage and he sucks"

How do you think DD would look if we ask him to play like Ross?? I mean because he is also an elite three point shooter who can catch and shoot off pindowns and movement right??

Fuck

Ross is better because he does Ross things, not DeMar things. You put Ross or Powell in the starting lineup and JV gets DDs usage. And argue all you want, JV is a much much much better player than DD. And a two way player. Ross and Powell will complinent JV better than DD will. Overall the team is better, even though the individual tLent at the SG position is less

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Why do people just try and swap players like they're robots??

"Give Ross DDs usage and he sucks"

How do you think DD would look if we ask him to play like Ross?? I mean because he is also an elite three point shooter who can catch and shoot off pindowns and movement right??

Fuck

Ross is better because he does Ross things, not DeMar things. You put Ross or Powell in the starting lineup and JV gets DDs usage. And argue all you want, JV is a much much much better player than DD. And a two way player. Ross and Powell will complinent JV better than DD will. Overall the team is better, even though the individual tLent at the SG position is less
      Chill out man.

What are you even arguing? You clearly missed the point, and that's cool. Barolt made the point about how Ross doesn't have the Usage and Minutes of Derozan, and then I made the point that there is a reason for that. That's all. Nobody is saying anything about JV, or Powell, or anyone else. As long as we have Casey as our Coach, running Casey-plays, this is our reality.

And Ross isn't "Elite" anything. Sorry man. I love the guy too, but lets be real.
      Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 20, 2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        This kinda stuff scares me.
        Is DD delusional? It seems he has poor self awareness.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          Is DD delusional? It seems he has poor self awareness.
          This has been a problem for years.
          The tipping point was reached earlier this year, when during an interview he began referring to himself as a "tough shot maker" and then proceeded to explain how bad shots are actually good shots.
          Last edited by Machine; Wed Apr 20, 2016, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            This has been a problem for years.
            The tipping point was reached earlier this year, when during an interview he began referring to himself as a "tough shot maker" and then proceeded to explain how bad shots are actually good shots.
            Ugh. I remember that. JR Smith has said something eerily similar before. The thing that bothers me about DeMar isn't that he's going to get his 20 FGA's a night because it's built into Casey's offense. It's that he prefers to take tough, contested shots instead of wide open ones.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Also in the game thread, but the #2 play of the season, behind only that freakish Curry game winner from near half-court, goes to double D:

that right there is how hard he has to go to get the respect of the refs in the playoffs. do that on turner or mahini, just one time.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                that right there is how hard he has to go to get the respect of the refs in the playoffs. do that on turner or mahini, just one time.
                I am very much ready for this to happen.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

100% agree on the bolded ... except we're talking about a Dwane Casey team, so we need to check our expectations in terms of massive adjustments being made. Pulling Demar in the 4th was an absolutely perfect decision .. are these types of decisions regular occurances for Casey? Unfortunately not. Casey wants Demar firing like he was in the regular season.

That said, outside of Paul George (and lesser degree George Hill), the Pacers are averaging 34% from the Field, and even worse from 3. So I think the Defense is doing pretty damn good, all things considered. Its just that Paul George is really frigging good.

Barolt wrote: View Post
                  What I want from DeMar in the playoffs is playmaking and defense. We need him, but we don't need him to take 20 shots a game when the defense is focusing on stopping him. He has talented teammates. He needs to trust those guys.

Make the plays to get other guys easy shots when the defense is focusing on shutting him down, and play defense!

When the other team is shooting 60+% from 3 and 70+% from the field when you're guarding them, that's a huge problem.
                  I don't know if this was posted, but Dwane Casey agrees with you

Casey on DeRozan's struggles: 'He has to be a facilitator'
                  http://www.thescore.com/news/1005972

"He has to be a facilitator," Casey said. "He can't just continue to keep forcing the issue and going in there and not getting the call and forcing that play. There are other things he can do: One is being a facilitator, and two is bringing it for us at the defensive end."

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post

"He has to be a facilitator," Casey said. "He can't just continue to keep forcing the issue and going in there and not getting the call and forcing that play. There are other things he can do: One is being a facilitator, and two is bringing it for us at the defensive end."
                    As a card-carrying member of the #FireCasey club, these comments made me like him a lot more. One of my biggest issues with Casey this season has been his complete unwililngness to hold Lowry and DeMar accountable when they are bad, and this was a big step forward in that area.

Now if he could just get Scola out of the rotation.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Chill out man.

What are you even arguing? You clearly missed the point, and that's cool. Barolt made the point about how Ross doesn't have the Usage and Minutes of Derozan, and then I made the point that there is a reason for that. That's all. Nobody is saying anything about JV, or Powell, or anyone else. As long as we have Casey as our Coach, running Casey-plays, this is our reality.

And Ross isn't "Elite" anything. Sorry man. I love the guy too, but lets be real.
                      You were saying Ross couldnt handle DDs role in the offense

No shit sherlock

As for the JV/powell stuff thats more of a general comment because this place gets so lost in specific Player X vs Y that they forget the team effect on changing things

Ross is an elite 3pt shooter. Teams really do respect him when he steps on the floor.

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post

Oh my God we are finally seeing some massive massive strides from Casey over the past 3 days. I've always believed he has some great qualities as a coach but if he can learn to manage in game adjustments and also hold all players accountable I'd almost be... *deep breath* i'd almost be happy keeping him as a coach.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          My only concern with those quotes from DeMar is that he is presenting those shots as shots he will hit more often if his shooting comes around, even though a vast majority of his shots are coming in extremely pressured/contested situations. He's getting blocked a LOT in the lane, and he's contested on practically every jumper he takes.

He's not just missing shots. He's taking shots that usually miss.

And hopefully he knows that and is just presenting a generic face to the media. Judging by the lack of evolution in his shot discipline between game 1 and 2, I don't have a great deal of faith that that's the case. But here's hoping.

The upside is, yeah, even with the terrible shot selection he probably hits a few more and gets a few calls, but if he wants to have a star-level impact (or even a truly positive impact) on this series, he's going to have to change the way he is playing, not just find some success with the way he is playing now.
                          Ya, it sounds like he thinks he's battling "bad luck", when in reality, it's poor decision-making.

Comment

• Game 3 prediction: Derozan going off for 30-35, benefiting from the extra space with Indy doubling down on JV, who will turn it over alot, with Casey panicking and over-playing in Biyombo. But Raps still win.... ugly, maybe even overtime.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Game 3 prediction: Derozan going off for 30-35, benefiting from the extra space with Indy doubling down on JV, who will turn it over alot, with Casey panicking and over-playing in Biyombo. But Raps still win.... ugly, maybe even overtime.
                              I don't think there will be extra space though. We haven't shown any ability to hit the 3 as I posted in the game thread. We need to knock em down from deep to establish space. Bodies in the paint on JV still are in the paint when DeMar gets there.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Game 3 prediction: Derozan going off for 30-35, benefiting from the extra space with Indy doubling down on JV, who will turn it over alot, with Casey panicking and over-playing in Biyombo. But Raps still win.... ugly, maybe even overtime.
                                ballsy. i think that they take away val, leave george on demar and see if kyle still shoots shitty.

Comment

Working...
                                X