Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    DeMar: 27% eFG, 27.3% usage.

Thompson: 42.6% eFG, 28.9% usage.

McCollum: 37.5% eFG, 19.9% usage.

Harden: 42.1% eFG, 31.8% usage.

Korver: 50% eFG, 13.5% usage.

Matthews: 31% eFG%, 14.2% usage.

Only one guy has slightly comparable eFG to DeMar(Matthews), on half his usage.

Only two guys have higher usage, on 15% higher effective field goal percentage.

All of those guys are having better playoffs than DeMar offensively.

Just for the hell of it, let's throw in defensively.

Players guarded by:

DeMar: 72.2% from the field.

Thompson: 39.1% from the field.

McCollum: 54.3% from the field.

Harden: 47.8% from the field.

Korver: 44.4% from the field.

Matthews: 33.3% from the field.

So McCollum is the only other guy even giving up above 50% shooting, and DeMar is giving up over 70% shooting.

You're right, those guys are all having a playoff run just as bad as DeMar's.
    wait what? how?

Comment

DeMar: 27% eFG, 27.3% usage.

Thompson: 42.6% eFG, 28.9% usage.

McCollum: 37.5% eFG, 19.9% usage.

Harden: 42.1% eFG, 31.8% usage.

Korver: 50% eFG, 13.5% usage.

Matthews: 31% eFG%, 14.2% usage.

Only one guy has slightly comparable eFG to DeMar(Matthews), on half his usage.

Only two guys have higher usage, on 15% higher effective field goal percentage.

All of those guys are having better playoffs than DeMar offensively.

Just for the hell of it, let's throw in defensively.

Players guarded by:

DeMar: 72.2% from the field.

Thompson: 39.1% from the field.

McCollum: 54.3% from the field.

Harden: 47.8% from the field.

Korver: 44.4% from the field.

Matthews: 33.3% from the field.

So McCollum is the only other guy even giving up above 50% shooting, and DeMar is giving up over 70% shooting.

You're right, those guys are all having a playoff run just as bad as DeMar's.
      The point is overacting over two games is ridiculous. There's a huge sample size to go off of to know that DD isn't this bad. You probably been waiting all year for DD to have 2 bad games back to back. Congrats enjoy while you can.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        The point is overacting over two games is ridiculous. There's a huge sample size to go off of to know that DD isn't this bad. You probably been waiting all year for DD to have 2 bad games back to back. Congrats enjoy while you can.
        You brought up two game sample sizes for other players and claimed they were comparable. My point is that they weren't remotely comparable, and they were the best ones you could come up with. DeMar is having an insanely bad playoffs so far.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          wait what? how?
          http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201942/tracking/defense/

4 for 6 on 3s, 9 for 12 on 2s.

"Guy guarded by DeMar" has scored 30 points on 18 shots so far in the series.

Comment

nah.

barolt is just putting out the numbers and interpreting them as he usually does. you can argue with his interpretations, he's not infallible (i'm sure he wouldn't take issue with that), but I wouldn't accuse him of hating on players.

Comment

nah.

barolt is just putting out the numbers and interpreting them as he usually does. you can argue with his interpretations, he's not infallible (i'm sure he wouldn't take issue with that), but I wouldn't accuse him of hating on players.
              I freely admit to my own fallibility. Those aren't predictive numbers either, they're simply 'what has happened so far'. DeMar might go off tonight!

But he's been awful so far, and there isn't really a comparable for how bad he's been on any other playoff team.

Comment

nah.

Barolt hates DD. Everyone knows it. These last two games have been godsend for him. Never seen him so active.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I freely admit to my own fallibility. Those aren't predictive numbers either, they're simply 'what has happened so far'. DeMar might go off tonight!

But he's been awful so far, and there isn't really a comparable for how bad he's been on any other playoff team.
                  the modesty on our boards knows no bounds

Comment

Barolt hates DD. Everyone knows it. These last two games have been godsend for him. Never seen him so active.
                    Seriously? I've been on this board for 5 months and have 5000 posts. I've been this active since I joined.

Don't hate DeMar either, just don't think he's the reincarnation of Jordan. I see his flaws, which apparently makes me a 'hater'.

I don't think you can win a championship with him as a max player, and I think the NBA is about winning championships.

Comment

I seem to recall him praising Derozan during the season when he was driving and dishing and shooting a good percentage.

And he's been highly active on here almost all season long.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        Read the post I quoted. It was an appropriate line.

Comment

I seem to recall him praising Derozan during the season when he was driving and dishing and shooting a good percentage.

And he's been highly active on here almost all season long.
                          Hell, I'm the one who brought up the statistics about DeMar's catch and shoot 3pt shooting being decent for 3 years and defended his range.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            Personally, I know i'm the most modest of them all

Comment

Actually, I think most people were pleased with Demar's regular season play but have always been waiting for the playoffs to see if he continues to do it when it matters most. So far, his play has regressed (and I don't just mean his shot isn't falling) to the previous season Demar. Hopefully he turns it around tonight, but if not, the same old questions will continue to creep up.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Seriously? I've been on this board for 5 months and have 5000 posts. I've been this active since I joined.

Don't hate DeMar either, just don't think he's the reincarnation of Jordan. I see his flaws, which apparently makes me a 'hater'.

I don't think you can win a championship with him as a max player, and I think the NBA is about winning championships.
                                Well then I expect you to post a #FireMasai thread by morning sir. No point being upset with a building when it was the architect that designed it and chose the materials.

Comment

Working...
                                X