Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Did you guys watch the actual video? It did not feel like he was calling out his teammates, just that he was trying to explain how he was dealing with the extra attention, and what plays he could make. He looked down at the stats and said what came to mind. Then he immediately said he has to take better care of the ball.

I don't think he's as selfish as is being made out. We are playing the exact same kind of ball that we have been playing all year. Many of us said it was stupid and that it would hurt us in the playoffs. Well, that's what's happening now. I don't think that makes DeMar cancerous or selfish. It's just the natural outcome of having the same group of guys under the same bullheaded coach. The same line of reasoning we always use.

"Shots we normally make" is a philosophical one, not one of character. Is it really any wonder that our lead guys are rigid in their thinking after five years of leadership by one of the most rigid, inflexible coaches around?
    I think it's more about just how stupid a basketball player you have to be to say what he said, especially in a series where he's struggling. It doesn't matter the tone, or what he might've "meant", he flat out said guys weren't hitting shots when he passed the ball. He was knocking his teammates down to prop himself up. Fuck that. Fuck that from your top scorer. Fuck that from your supposed leader. Fuck that from the supposed "high character guy who's all about winning". That is completely unacceptable.

Comment

Did you guys watch the actual video? It did not feel like he was calling out his teammates, just that he was trying to explain how he was dealing with the extra attention, and what plays he could make. He looked down at the stats and said what came to mind. Then he immediately said he has to take better care of the ball.

I don't think he's as selfish as is being made out. We are playing the exact same kind of ball that we have been playing all year. Many of us said it was stupid and that it would hurt us in the playoffs. Well, that's what's happening now. I don't think that makes DeMar cancerous or selfish. It's just the natural outcome of having the same group of guys under the same bullheaded coach. The same line of reasoning we always use.

"Shots we normally make" is a philosophical one, not one of character. Is it really any wonder that our lead guys are rigid in their thinking after five years of leadership by one of the most rigid, inflexible coaches around?
      It isn't cancerous or selfish, just stupid. You can't point out that you would get more assists if your teammates aren't making shots when you yourself, right now, is the least efficient player on the team.

Comment

• I don't disagree that it's stupid, but if someone asks you what the right play is, finding the open man is the right answer. But if it's the right answer, why isn't it working? Because guys aren't making their shots.

I mean he also said this:

"We just stink right now when it comes to me and Kyle," DeRozan said. "We haven't let it frustrate us. We haven't complained. We are not whining. It's all part of the game. You go through your ups and downs, but it's all about how you figure it out and the process it takes to get out of that. If we do what we are supposed to do, all of this be erased.

"We just have to be better. We are not the players who we are in this league for no reason. Like I said, we all go through some type of lows in our career at some point. You can't complain when the playoffs come. You can't do that. You have to be able to take it on the chin and figure it out. We will figure it out the best way we can for our teammates."

Comment

• Not even the local media is making a thing out of it. I think you guys are making it more than what it is. When DD said the whole "I won't shoot 5/18 again." the media ran with that. I don't see any media members making anything out of that quote. Watched it a couple times now. He said "We missed shots we usually make. I could of had 8 or 9 assist."
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Not even the local media is making a thing out of it. I think you guys are making it more than what it is. When DD said the whole "I won't shoot 5/18 again." the media ran with that. I don't see any media members making anything out of that quote. Watched it a couple times now. He said "We missed shots we usually make. I could of had 8 or 9 assist."
            our media is too soft.

Comment

• In 78 games played in the season Derozan had 8 or more assists 3 times.

I really don't think the video is a big deal though. It was a stupid thing to say but if he plays well it will be forgotten if it hasn't already.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Can't have a fucktard like that around. Might be semi acceptable if he was playing great and actually looking to facilitate.....but he's not. Ship this fucker out.
                According to stats.nba.com, during these playoffs, he is 22nd of 209 players in potential assists per game. That's higher than Parker, Beverley, Batum, KD, and a lot of other players. So I don't think it's fair to say he isn't looking to facilitate.

As for shipping him out, I'm not sure how many $25 million sign-and-trade options there will be.

Which is why I don't really understand why everyone is so up in arms now. This is exactly who DeMar has been for the last three years. If you want him gone now you should really have wanted him gone last year.

Comment

I don't disagree that it's stupid, but if someone asks you what the right play is, finding the open man is the right answer. But if it's the right answer, why isn't it working? Because guys aren't making their shots.

I mean he also said this:
                  he's not doing it though.

the quote suggests that he doesn't see an issue with the shots he's taking.

doesn't make him a cancer.

maybe he's selfish. but i'm pretty sure that he's just not that smart.

Comment

According to stats.nba.com, during these playoffs, he is 22nd of 209 players in potential assists per game. That's higher than Parker, Beverley, Batum, KD, and a lot of other players. So I don't think it's fair to say he isn't looking to facilitate.

As for shipping him out, I'm not sure how many $25 million sign-and-trade options there will be.

Which is why I don't really understand why everyone is so up in arms now. This is exactly who DeMar has been for the last three years. If you want him gone now you should really have wanted him gone last year.
                    TPE might be our only option.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      he's not doing it though.

the quote suggests that he doesn't see an issue with the shots he's taking.

doesn't make him a cancer.

maybe he's selfish. but i'm pretty sure that he's just not that smart.
                      would you compare him to Ricky Davis then?

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                        would you compare him to Ricky Davis then?
                        derozan hasn't shot at his own basket to get a rebound stat, so no.

i have no idea what your fascination is with fixating on specific comparisons.

Comment

• DeRozan is nothing like Ricky Davis, are you serious. Even if DeRozan makes the wrong choice I think it's because he genuinely thinks it's the best chance for the team to win, like he's being selfish by ignorance. Ricky Davis was a straight up cancer.

Comment

He had 8 potential assists and 4 assists. That's 50% shooting on his passes, which is well above league average. Meaning that he had no logical complaint, unless he's expecting other guys to shoot 100% when he passes them the ball.

Also, he averaged 8.5 potential assists during the season, so he had slightly less potential assists than his average.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Well, many wanted to trade him last summer at its peak. It's not like that wasn't discussed.

As for the S&T options, I'm not sure we have much choice. If we manage to pick up a Messina or something as coach and he still doesn't change his bad habits on offence, we're stuck with a max/near-max-paid under-producing player. It's a pretty big risk.

As for his character, I agree with you, he made a comment, that's it. Sure, it wasn't well thought out, but he's usually not the type to call out his teammates either.

He doesn't seem to be a cancer/selfish person as many are starting to say here.

Comment

• PG's length is just too much for DeMar. As a lot of people have been saying, PG is tailor made to guard DeRozan. DeMar needs to move well without the ball in order to get good looks. His handles aren't good enough to attack George off the bounce or create a shot, but as usual he doesn't realize that

Comment

Working...
                                X