No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Magic gone darkside? DeMar is a Trojan Horse. Actually that's his new nickname after the game seven second half fiasco.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
      Ok, we're all entitled to our own opinions. I for one hate this guy. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the league. And he has a really low bball IQ, and he's very selfish. He's an impostor, a phoney, a fake star. I'm sorry to bring this kind of attitude after winning the series and I know that I'm behaving like an asshole, and I understand that I talk garbage, and I hope that no one will be offended by this. But it just doesn't fit in my head that this game, because they won it, pretty much justified DeRozan's performance. I just can't accept it.
      I agree. My opinion of DD is lower now than it's been in a while. He's a major reason the Raptors barely won that series, and I don't mean that as a compliment. It's nothing for a Raptors fan to be happy about, that they won the series in spite of their primary scorer being his absolute worst version of himself rather than because of him, which is what you'd obviously like to see.

It's too bad that when thing's are hard for DeMar, (PG did a great job), he digs in in all the wrong ways. The team barely got away with it in the first round.

All that said, he absolutely lit up Miami this year for nearly 30 ppg and 50% fg. Hopefully we see some of that.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I agree. My opinion of DD is lower now than it's been in a while. He's a major reason the Raptors barely won that series, and I don't mean that as a compliment. It's nothing for a Raptors fan to be happy about, that they won the series in spite of their primary scorer being his absolute worst version of himself rather than because of him, which is what you'd obviously like to see.

It's too bad that when thing's are hard for DeMar, (PG did a great job), he digs in in all the wrong ways. The team barely got away with it in the first round.

All that said, he absolutely lit up Miami this year for nearly 30 ppg and 50% fg. Hopefully we see some of that.
        After every regular season game against the Heat, there were a lot of questions. Truth is, we never really played this iteration of them in the regular season.

We played them once with JJ - a OT win for us. But Wade didn't play.

DeMar had a fantastic game. In this series though, I'm not worried about his offense. He'll score. I'm terrified of his defense when he has to guard guys like Wade, JJ and Richardson.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          After every regular season game against the Heat, there were a lot of questions. Truth is, we never really played this iteration of them in the regular season.

We played them once with JJ - a OT win for us. But Wade didn't play.

DeMar had a fantastic game. In this series though, I'm not worried about his offense. He'll score. I'm terrified of his defense when he has to guard guys like Wade, JJ and Richardson.
          Gerald Green will go off in at least one game.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DD is our Corey Maggette, he can put up points and be efficient at times but his selfish play and erratic play also hurt the team. When he isn't hitting his shots and his defense sucks then we suffer like Kobe's team in 2016.

I really didn't like Lowry answer to reporters about DD. Its like "hey forget the stats and how inefficient he was, as long as he made shots". I would be disgusted if next series DD continues jacking up bad shots cause now he got the green light and someone like Powell who is playing the right way, sits longer on the bench.

Comment

• As long suffering Raptor fans, we're happy for the win. That can't be denied. Many of us have stuck with them since day one. But I can't get on board with this approach if it means incompetence is rewarded in the off-season. I just can't. Masai kissing Casey on the head in his post-game presser literally made me want to vomit, because he'll likely get his option picked up. The man doesn't have a clue. More of the same "system" next year. As for DeRozan...he is who he is. Highly likable guy off the court, and someone the new generation of fans will undoubtedly idolize after last night. We got the win, but I'll never accept his style of play, nor can I get on board with throwing him a max deal this summer. He's a product of volume and favourable officiating. I can't remember which coach said it, but I'm reminded of this quote:

"If its unacceptable in defeat, it should be unacceptable in victory."

Only the Raptors have been playoff losers for so long that I think the underlying message just got thrown out the window.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                As long suffering Raptor fans, we're happy for the win. That can't be denied. Many of us have stuck with them since day one. But I can't get on board with this approach if it means incompetence is rewarded in the off-season. I just can't. Masai kissing Casey on the head in his post-game presser literally made me want to vomit, because he'll likely get his option picked up. The man doesn't have a clue. More of the same "system" next year. As for DeRozan...he is who he is. Highly likable guy off the court, and someone the new generation of fans will undoubtedly idolize after last night. We got the win, but I'll never accept his style of play, nor can I get on board with throwing him a max deal this summer. He's a product of volume and favourable officiating. I can't remember which coach said it, but I'm reminded of this quote:

"If its unacceptable in defeat, it should be unacceptable in victory."

Only the Raptors have been playoff losers for so long that I think the underlying message just got thrown out the window.
                Jeff Van Gundy
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Gerald Green will go off in at least one game.
                  Green barely played for them last series, so hopefully he just gets cut out of the rotation altogether. He's one of those random chuckers that often seems to have a good game against us.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Green barely played for them last series, so hopefully he just gets cut out of the rotation altogether. He's one of those random chuckers that often seems to have a good game against us.
                    I hope he plays. I want to see him in the lineup when they lose. That guy has rubbed me the wrong way since a rookie. It all started with those stupid junk time showboat dunks in games that got away from the Raptors which he had nothing to do with.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                      Ok, we're all entitled to our own opinions. I for one hate this guy. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the league. And he has a really low bball IQ, and he's very selfish. He's an impostor, a phoney, a fake star. I'm sorry to bring this kind of attitude after winning the series and I know that I'm behaving like an asshole, and I understand that I talk garbage, and I hope that no one will be offended by this. But it just doesn't fit in my head that this game, because they won it, pretty much justified DeRozan's performance. I just can't accept it.
                      I have my issues with Demar as well. He can be better than he was that series, I have no doubt. He could have made much better decisions on many occasions throughout the series. I had this fear coming into the playoffs with how the team would respond against an opponent that could shut down, or at least make life difficult, for Lowry and Demar. And we just got to see how that worked out. We were lucky to win, and if his decision making had been better from the get go, I doubt we would have needed a game 7. If Lowry could shoot, I doubt we would have needed game 7 either.

Demar just needs to be aggressive and make quick decisions like he did last night. If he does that I think his shot selection and percentages will improve, as will his ability to get his teammates involved. But I don't think he is selfish. His bball IQ could be better for sure. And he needs to trust JV more. A few simple things and I think he can be much better.

Comment

That's the money part and what's even more underplayed is that PG wasn't guarding him the entire time. All the Pacers needed to do was pack the paint (the straight up lack of respect for his shooting was alarming as it allowed for easier doubles on JV) and bait Demar into shooting and he would.

The other thing that Game 7 showed was that Demar learnt nothing from the entirety of the series. I feel that this is definitely going to be understated because we won but he took 32 shots for 30 points. In Game 7. Of a series he was performing awfully already.

I also really wished Lowry didn't encourage him in the post game.
                        Last edited by Just Is; Mon May 2, 2016, 11:09 AM.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Here's the positive thing for me: after taking it directly at PG for seven games (and failing horribly) anyone on Miami should look like Vasquez at this point no?

BOOM

Guaranteed winz

P.S: I'm totally stoked that we finally won, this may be affecting my bias/outlook

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                            Here's the positive thing for me: after taking it directly at PG for seven games (and failing horribly) anyone on Miami should look like Vasquez at this point no?

BOOM

Guaranteed winz

P.S: I'm totally stoked that we finally won, this may be affecting my bias/outlook
                            I think people are really, really underrating the Heat defensively. Deng and Winslow are really good.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              I think people are really, really underrating the Heat defensively. Deng and Winslow are really good.
                              I don't think they are at all. I think they are just acknowledging how talented and skilled Paul George is. Defensively, Deng and Winslow have nothing on PG. And that's not meant as a slight toward Deng and Winslow .. just PG is that good.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I don't think they are at all. I think they are just acknowledging how talented and skilled Paul George is. Defensively, Deng and Winslow have nothing on PG. And that's not meant as a slight toward Deng and Winslow .. just PG is that good.
                                winslow could be tough on demar but it means one of deng/wade/johnson isn't on the floor

Comment

Working...
                                X