Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    No. No he's not.

He might be top 5 at his position(and even that comes with qualifications on fit), but he's not top 20 talent.

LeBron James, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, Damian Lillard, James Harden, Dwyane Wade, Kyle Lowry, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Paul Millsap, Kawhi Leonard, LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMarcus Cousins, Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Blake Griffin. That's 20 guys all easily better than DeMar.
    You are on a relentless crusade. This thread should not be more popular right now than a game a day thread, just an onslaught of guys talking about how derozan sucks.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• jimmie wrote:
      That wasn't the point of my post. Stop being a douche.
      You said arguably top 20, I said he's not and named 20 better guys, you responded with 'depends on your criteria'. I was asking by what criteria is DeMar better than any of those guys.

I wasn't 'being a douche'. I was asking you to expand on your point. You resorted to personal attacks.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Oh I wouldn't say that ... Demar has never averaged 35% from the field, or 18% from 3, and the last time he averaged 2.4apg or less, he was 22.

Not to mention last playoffs he at least averaged 37.5% from 3, and had 5.8apg. These playoffs are by and large an anomaly for his career.
        Demar the chucker who doesn't pass, defend or take smart shots - regardless of the numbers, that's the player we saw play these last 2 series and several seasons. The numbers don't have to be the same because the issue is the approach to the game. He chooses to take bad shots. He chooses not to pass the ball. He chooses to take bad gambles on defence.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Masai is going to give him the Max. If Masai didnt trade him after they got swept. Im pretty sure his going to resign after making the ECF. Also 14 "bad" gyames is not acurate.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Masai is going to give him the Max. If Masai didnt trade him after they got swept. Im pretty sure his going to resign after making the ECF. Also 14 "bad" gyames is not acurate.
            Fine. 12 bad games out of 14.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Demar the chucker who doesn't pass, defend or take smart shots - regardless of the numbers, that's the player we saw play these last 2 series and several seasons. The numbers don't have to be the same because the issue is the approach to the game. He chooses to take bad shots. He chooses not to pass the ball. He chooses to take bad gambles on defence.
              He does all of those things because he can get away with them. Casey has benched him a total of two times in his 5 years as coach; the first time DeMar vented about it on twitter before hastily deleting the tweet, and then recently in the Pacer series. I think part of the problem the fanbase has is with perception. How many times have the broadcasters parroted "that's his shot", "that's a shot he usually makes", "contact, no call", etc., when he gets himself into a tough spot or opts to take a bad shot instead of moving the ball?

Comment

Fine. 12 bad games out of 14.
                Thats not acurate either. Since you love stats so much go check his stats at home vs Miami.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Thats not acurate either. Since you love stats so much go check his stats at home vs Miami.
                  Don't bother you're only winding him up
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

His home games:

g1: 22 points on 22 shots, 4 assists, 2 turnovers. Not good, kinda bad. Turnover on last possession in OT to lose game.
                    g2: 20 points on 24 shots, 1 assists, 0 turnovers. Not good, kinda bad.
                    g5: 34 points on 22 shots, 2 assists, 1 turnover. Legitimately good game, what you want from an All-Star.
                    g7: 28 points on 29 shots, 1 assist, 3 turnovers. Not good, kinda bad.

I still think that's 3 bad games in 4 home games. Not NEARLY as awful as he was on the road, but that doesn't make it good.

Comment

His home games:

g1: 22 points on 22 shots, 4 assists, 2 turnovers. Not good, kinda bad. Turnover on last possession in OT to lose game.
                      g2: 20 points on 24 shots, 1 assists, 0 turnovers. Not good, kinda bad.
                      g5: 34 points on 22 shots, 2 assists, 1 turnover. Legitimately good game, what you want from an All-Star.
                      g7: 28 points on 29 shots, 1 assist, 3 turnovers. Not good, kinda bad.

I still think that's 3 bad games in 4 home games. Not NEARLY as awful as he was on the road, but that doesn't make it good.
                      That adds up to

26.0 PTS, 6.5 REBS, 2.0 AST, 1.5 STL, 8.0 FTA

42.6 FG%, 50.0 3P%, 65.6 FT%
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

That adds up to

26.0 PTS, 6.5 REBS, 2.0 AST, 1.5 STL, 8.0 FTA

42.6 FG%, 50.0 3P%, 65.6 FT%
                        Because of the one really good game. You're lumping 3 bad games with one good one and saying that makes all the games good. It doesn't.

Comment

Because of the one really good game. You're lumping 3 bad games with one good one and saying that makes all the games good. It doesn't.
                          Sorry, thats just how math works.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Sorry, thats just how math works.
                            No, it's not if we're talking about individual games.

My argument is he's had two good games. Your counter is to somehow lump one of those good games with three bad ones and call them all good? What?

That's like taking a good steak, putting it on a plate in between two piles of shit and calling it an awesome 3-course meal.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                              He does all of those things because he can get away with them. Casey has benched him a total of two times in his 5 years as coach; the first time DeMar vented about it on twitter before hastily deleting the tweet
                              ???

I have no recollection of this.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

No, it's not if we're talking about individual games.

My argument is he's had two good games. Your counter is to somehow lump one of those good games with three bad ones and call them all good? What?

That's like taking a good steak, putting it on a plate in between two piles of shit and calling it an awesome 3-course meal.
                                The question was how he played at home overall. Anyways im done. You can continue your crusade.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X