Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Did masai anticipate 7 raptor role players dragging Demars carcass to wins in the playoffs?
    Maybe, could of been the reason why he assembled one of the deepest teams in the league.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      In all honesty, did any of us expect to see this?

We have to remind ourselves to take a step back and realize we're witnessing historical levels of futility by our "stars".
      Go back and read regular season game threads. Many of us said that heavy iso ball with no movement and relying on free throws might be unsustainable for the playoffs.

I posted that regularly, and was told I was flat out wrong.

Many of us also said that JV needed to be a bigger part of the offense because we would need him in the playoffs.

Many of us also said that DeMar and Lowry were getting too much credit when often the bench was dragging the starters to wins during the regular season.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

We have to remind ourselves to take a step back and realize we're witnessing historical levels of futility by our "stars".
        A large number of posters have been banging the "hero ball that requires bail-out calls won't work in the playoffs" drum for 3 years. Unfortunately, since all those posters want the Raptors to win first and foremost, they're being proven right for the 3rd straight playoff.

The only difference this year is that the quality and depth surrounding DeRozan/Lowry has improved, to the point that the team can overcome their continued horrendous performance from those two players.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Maybe, could of been the reason why he assembled one of the deepest teams in the league.
          Thats also why DD should not get paid. Our 2 stars getting carried by a rising star and role players.

Comment

we watched last year's playoffs, so yeah i expected garbage.

i wasn't expecting historic levels of garbage, but you know. raptors gonna raptor.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Thats also why DD should not get paid. Our 2 stars getting carried by a rising star and role players.
              Masai will pay DD what ever his market value is. There's nothing anyone can do about it. Also the playoffs aren't over yet.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Masai will pay DD what ever his market value is. There's nothing anyone can do about it. Also the playoffs aren't over yet.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Go back and read regular season game threads. Many of us said that heavy iso ball with no movement and relying on free throws might be unsustainable for the playoffs.

I posted that regularly, and was told I was flat out wrong.

Many of us also said that JV needed to be a bigger part of the offense because we would need him in the playoffs.

Many of us also said that DeMar and Lowry were getting too much credit when often the bench was dragging the starters to wins during the regular season.
                  CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  A large number of posters have been banging the "hero ball that requires bail-out calls won't work in the playoffs" drum for 3 years. Unfortunately, since all those posters want the Raptors to win first and foremost, they're being proven right for the 3rd straight playoff.

The only difference this year is that the quality and depth surrounding DeRozan/Lowry has improved, to the point that the team can overcome their continued horrendous performance from those two players.
                  Ya, I was in this camp all season too.

KHD wrote: View Post
                  we watched last year's playoffs, so yeah i expected garbage.

i wasn't expecting historic levels of garbage, but you know. raptors gonna raptor.
                  Ya, I knew there would be problems, but I didn't think we'd see the shittiest display of basketball of all time.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Raptors can't play with the lead. They're scared. They quit running the offense and go ISO to avoid turnovers. Shockingly, it doesn't work when the guys trying to execute this are shooting 30%.
                    How do we keep doing the things that have been proven to be ineffective? Casey's comments RE: we need to involve JV more, we need better movement on O.. like what the fuck, how are you still talking about this. Shouldn't this be addressed in the first few weeks of the regular season..

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                      How do we keep doing the things that have been proven to be ineffective? Casey's comments RE: we need to involve JV more, we need better movement on O.. like what the fuck, how are you still talking about this. Shouldn't this be addressed in the first few weeks of the regular season..
                      Should've been addressed 3 years ago, really.

Same core. Same problems.

Comment

• Can't believe DD missed 6 free throws. Never seen that before.
                        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri May 6, 2016, 12:36 PM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Can't believe DD he missed 6 free throws. Never seen that before.
                          As much as I'm shitting on DeRozan's decision-making, I'm not going to blast him for missing FTs with a mummified thumb. Let's just hope it gets looser by tomorrow.

Comment

And I guess that's the whole thing: what does each individual interpret his market value to be? Youve got him at superstar rate, I personally think he shouldn't earn any more than demarre carroll or jv.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• All Star rate...whatever that is

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                And I guess that's the whole thing: what does each individual interpret his market value to be? Youve got him at superstar rate, I personally think he shouldn't earn any more than demarre carroll or jv.
                                Only opinion that matter is Masai's. I've always said that 20-22 mil seem fair to me.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X