Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Letting your star player walk doesn't send any kind of message. Everybody understands the business side of the NBA, which includes players walking from their teams in free agency and teams moving on from their FA players all the time. Who's criticizing Portland as an organization right now? Nobody - the opposite, actually, their management proved how savvy they are in moving on from the LA era.
    There's a difference between letting a player walk (Lou Williams or Amir) and a player choosing to leave (Aldridge). Portland tried everything in their power to keep Aldridge. I suspect Masai will do the same for Demar.

If Demar chooses to leave (like Aldridge did) then they can spin it however they want (like the Bosh situation).

History shows that the fans take it out on the player, not the organization.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      No it's not but the evidence thus far points to a new direction. All season long the story has been "wait to see what happens in the playoffs" - well we are here and it's happening before our eyes, might as well talk about it even if it changes.
      Just like the evidence pointed to Casey not being back after Washington swept us.....

Masai kissed Casey on the head after round 1. I see no evidence of a new direction at all. After all, why keep Casey if you're going in a new direction?

If there is a change.... It may be with Lowry (depending on how he performs in Round 2).

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Just like the evidence pointed to Casey not being back after Washington swept us.....

Masai kissed Casey on the head after round 1. I see no evidence of a new direction at all. After all, why keep Casey if you're going in a new direction?

If there is a change.... It may be with Lowry (depending on how he performs in Round 2).
        Masai plays his cards close to the vest. Smokescreens and outright lies are commons. Heck, the owner "I support the coach" is often seen as the last stop before the gallows.

Fact is, our best players haven't been our best players, or even good players. That is a problem when we are about to become capped out for those best players.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

There's a difference between letting a player walk (Lou Williams or Amir) and a player choosing to leave (Aldridge). Portland tried everything in their power to keep Aldridge. I suspect Masai will do the same for Demar.

If Demar chooses to leave (like Aldridge did) then they can spin it however they want (like the Bosh situation).

Unfortunately I agree with you, Masai won't let him walk so the best I'm hoping for is a sign and trade to the Lakers after they get rejected by Durant, this supposed plan to steal Paul George fails and Lebron saying hell no

Comment

Okay, I didn't think much about the example.

Still don't think letting a player walk in free agency sends any kind of message. The primary concern for management is how to make the team better - "Uh oh, what will people think of us?" has a pretty low priority level on the decision matrix.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The primary concern for management is how to make the team better - "Uh oh, what will people think of us?" has a pretty low priority level on the decision matrix.
              Except for James Dolan.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Letting your star player walk doesn't send any kind of message. Everybody understands the business side of the NBA, which includes players walking from their teams in free agency and teams moving on from their FA players all the time. Who's criticizing Portland as an organization right now? Nobody - the opposite, actually, their management proved how savvy they are in moving on from the LA era.
                Ya I think with how this playoffs has went wrt DD, letting him walk will be taken positively by the fans. At the worst they forget about it by the time summer ends.

The direction of the team is clearly Jonas Valanciunas with how he is performing with the big lights on. And yes, I realize that the DD-JV pick and roll is great, but the team needs to BE Jonas', and that will never happen as long as DD is here

We cant resign DD and trade him when the FA market opens either because JV will benefit the most from a full training camp and a full season of being a major option and kog of the offense. We see that he needs the reps...and keeping DD to maybe trade him later is not the situation to get JV his needed reps

Comment

• No way we let DeMar walk if he has even a half decent showing this round. Or I guess if Masai has a promise from another max-level free agent. But by far the most likely scenario is re-signing DeMar and trying to get a slight hometown discount (maybe 25M flat for 5 years, or something like that).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    No way we let DeMar walk if he has even a half decent showing this round. Or I guess if Masai has a promise from another max-level free agent. But by far the most likely scenario is re-signing DeMar and trying to get a slight hometown discount (maybe 25M flat for 5 years, or something like that).
                    The new cap numbers make me throw up a little bit.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      The new cap numbers make me throw up a little bit.
                      Yeah its hard to wrap your head around
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        And hopefully he gives a shit. Someone could bring it to his attention and he could be like "Kyle needs 35 shots tonight to see if we can get him going", where we know even if he shoots 10% on the game he'll still get those shots.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        I know where you're coming from but I really think Casey has significantly improved re the ability to make adjustments.

Comment

• #Maxem
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            No way we let DeMar walk if he has even a half decent showing this round. Or I guess if Masai has a promise from another max-level free agent. But by far the most likely scenario is re-signing DeMar and trying to get a slight hometown discount (maybe 25M flat for 5 years, or something like that).
                            I dunno Dan. If this is what you can expect (3 years is a scientific test for me) from him when it counts..... do you give him a dime over 15 million?

I don't think you can. And you know how I stand by this guy..... but his performance doesnt' lie.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              #Maxem
                              Lol I bet a girl from Maxim Mag could play better D than DeMoron

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                I dunno Dan. If this is what you can expect (3 years is a scientific test for me) from him when it counts..... do you give him a dime over 15 million?

I don't think you can. And you know how I stand by this guy..... but his performance doesnt' lie.
                                $25 million is the new $15 million. Next offseason guys will be scoring even bigger deals. And so on. It's all relative. But he sure isn't doing himself any favours.

Comment

Working...
                                X