Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      I would actually just let him walk and use the cap space...unless someone bites on taking him.
      no one will need to bite. if we use masai's history, he definitely won't let him walk. he will sign him to the max and then ship him out later.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        already hit the high in this thread with the first one.

Comment

• Hey, man. I can't help it. Apparently there's a lot of laughter in photo shoots and Ride and Die are on camera.

Comment

• I think DeRozan still has some value around the league. Just gotta convince people "Oh it's because there's no system in Toronto. He'll thrive in an environment with more ball movement"
            OG is our king

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              no one will need to bite. if we use masai's history, he definitely won't let him walk. he will sign him to the max and then ship him out later.
              That's a sure fire way to pick up a lot of bad contracts coming back to you later.

Addition by subtraction. If it worked for Three 6 Mafia it can work for us.

Comment

• Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                  I think DeRozan still has some value around the league. Just gotta convince people "Oh it's because there's no system in Toronto. He'll thrive in an environment with more ball movement"
                  This is true. Lots of other guys who were 20+ ppg "stars" earlier in their careers before it became apparent they weren't actually good enough to be The Guy who adjusted to lesser roles later on - Monta, Jason Richardson, Maggette. I don't mean this as a too harsh criticism, I would really question the value of a lower usage DeRozan. He doesn't have a 3 pt shot and doesn't play defense. How often have you seen an off-the-bench heat check guy who loves low efficiency long twos?

Anyway, yeah he has some value, but I'm really over the DD era of Raptors basketball. Will be just as easy to move on from him as it was to move on from Bosh and Bargs. Appreciate the hard work, but this ceiling isn't nearly good enough.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    I can't think of a positive now. Hope I'll think of one tomorrow but he does have a sprained thumb. It explains the FTs because, no matter what you can say about the guy, he's a great free throw shooter.

Also, he didn't go 5/18. Positive.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                    I'm not going to fault DeRozan for missing shots with a sprained thumb. But I sure as hell will fault him for forcing up 17 shots (mostly of the well-contested variety) while knowing he's got a sprained thumb, and knowing his shot has been missing for the better part of 3 weeks.

I haven't been this frustrated by a player since Il Mago's days.

Comment

• Max shooting guards can and do create for others. Smart, versatile basketball players recognize when things aren't working and play differently. For a guy who ate at the line during the regular season you'd never know it last night or really any night in the playoffs. It's like he knows the calls don't come easy in the playoffs and so he opts for the path of least resistance which is chucking it up early in the shot clock...Despite having a banged up shooting hand. Give me a break.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        slow morning, Apollo?

Comment

• LOL yeah. I'm waiting on something and thankfully it's not DeMar reforming his game.

Comment

• We've somehow managed to win 6 playoff games despite DeRozan's efforts, not because of them.

Comment

• Never before seen footage of DeRozan's Drew League workouts.

Comment

• I've said it before but I'll say it again.. Masai should not resign DD just to trade him later. That's destined to fail. You let him walk even if they can't use the cap space to sign a difference maker (the cap space can help bring back Biyombo as an example).

You sign DD and you're stuck for at least one full year. No team is going to trade for him mid season. It just doesn't happen anymore. Teams like integrating starting caliber players during summer camp, when they can plan an entire season.

Also it will look like Masai is being desperate as he's trading a former 2x all-star mid season, which could mess with the locker room. When Masai traded Nene.. it was after about 45 games (in a shortened season, so around the trade deadline). They also had a 24-20 record when it happened..

Do you want the Raptors to be mediocre or suck and then make a move in season just to get some type of asset back? Because if the Raptors are doing well like they have the past two years.. we'll be seeing DD again in the playoffs.

We can use Ross/Powell or one of our draft picks instead. Lots of guards out there as well that I'm sure can be made available in a trade.

Time to rip off that bandage.

Comment

Working...
                                X