Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Similar to Carmelo Anthony? Leaving crumbs on the table won't get us a PF.
    Only a trade can get us a power forward, and being prepared to start paying the tax.

EDIT - or the draft.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Clearly this was a drunk post, so I'll give you a mulligan here.
      Clearly you didn't see Rudy play when he was in Toronto. He literally banned stat sheets in the locker room after games.

He was awful! Never once became an all-star and he's 4 years older than Demar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Clearly you didn't see Rudy play when he was in Toronto. He literally banned stat sheets in the locker room after games.

Lol that was hilarious man. Dude banned stat sheets in the lockeroom after he had a BAD game. Smh.

And btw, DeRozan is a BETTER player than Gay. And I don't think it's even close. I don't know what some people here are smoking.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Let's not act like posters on here are the only ones who don't think DeMar is that good. Here's what fivethirtyeight.com wrote about Lowry at the All-Star break:

Lowry has been an absolute force for Toronto, leading the Raptors’ surge to the second-best record in the East. He’s attempting a career-high seven threes per game and making a career-high 39 percent of them. If these numbers are at all representative, however, DeRozan appears to be dragging Lowry down more than anything. This kind of dynamic isn’t uncommon with mediocre shooting guards playing with good scoring point guards — their contributions may range from redundant to net negative.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

Wasn't talking about Rudy when he was with TO.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Has anyone posted the 5 on 5 DD comments?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Has anyone posted the 5 on 5 DD comments?
                the what now?

Comment

Has anyone posted the 5 on 5 DD comments?
                  it's demar isn't it the 1 on 5 comments?

Comment

• Here from ESPN 5 on 5

2. Should the Raptors max out DeMar DeRozan, a likely free agent?

Elhassan: Yes, for two reasons. 1. Because he wants to be there, and that's crucial to building any sort of sustainable culture of success. 2. Because regardless of how you feel about his current market value, in a year the inevitable cap inflation will correct for it and he'll increase in value by default.

Pelton: Yes. I'm admittedly not the world's biggest fan of DeRozan's game. The question is, what's the alternative? The Raptors would have to let all their free agents walk to have enough cap space to sign a replacement, and even then they'd be shopping from the second tier with sub-max money.
                    Re-signing DeRozan and looking for a trade is the best strategy if Toronto does want to break up its backcourt.

Doolittle: In a vacuum, I don't think he's worth it, but despite his shortcomings, as shown by advanced stats, DeRozan is still a guy in his prime who played 2,804 minutes on a 56-win team. You can't lose a player of that caliber just for some cap space that you're not likely to fill with a better free agent.

Engelmann: Given that DeRozan's Real Plus-Minus this season was 0.1, which is barely above average, and the team played six points per 100 possessions better when he was sitting I'm going to answer this question with a loud "No!"
                    DeRozan is the new Rudy Gay -- his scoring average makes you think he impacts the game in a positive way, but he simply doesn't.

Haberstroh: If I'm Ujiri, I'd offer him the max to save face, but I wouldn't shed tears if he left. The Raptors were far better with Kyle Lowry and Cory Joseph on the floor this season than Lowry and DeRozan. That doesn't necessary mean they're better off with him gone, but DeRozan's struggle to get to the line -- zero free throws in three playoff games after no such games in the regular season -- is concerning.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Here from ESPN 5 on 5

2. Should the Raptors max out DeMar DeRozan, a likely free agent?

Elhassan: Yes, for two reasons. 1. Because he wants to be there, and that's crucial to building any sort of sustainable culture of success. 2. Because regardless of how you feel about his current market value, in a year the inevitable cap inflation will correct for it and he'll increase in value by default.

Pelton: Yes. I'm admittedly not the world's biggest fan of DeRozan's game. The question is, what's the alternative? The Raptors would have to let all their free agents walk to have enough cap space to sign a replacement, and even then they'd be shopping from the second tier with sub-max money.
                      Re-signing DeRozan and looking for a trade is the best strategy if Toronto does want to break up its backcourt.

Doolittle: In a vacuum, I don't think he's worth it, but despite his shortcomings, as shown by advanced stats, DeRozan is still a guy in his prime who played 2,804 minutes on a 56-win team. You can't lose a player of that caliber just for some cap space that you're not likely to fill with a better free agent.

Engelmann: Given that DeRozan's Real Plus-Minus this season was 0.1, which is barely above average, and the team played six points per 100 possessions better when he was sitting I'm going to answer this question with a loud "No!"
                      DeRozan is the new Rudy Gay -- his scoring average makes you think he impacts the game in a positive way, but he simply doesn't.

Haberstroh: If I'm Ujiri, I'd offer him the max to save face, but I wouldn't shed tears if he left. The Raptors were far better with Kyle Lowry and Cory Joseph on the floor this season than Lowry and DeRozan. That doesn't necessary mean they're better off with him gone, but DeRozan's struggle to get to the line -- zero free throws in three playoff games after no such games in the regular season -- is concerning.
                      Most of their answers sum up my feelings. Maybe you do it, but if you do it, it's for asset retention reasons, not really for talent reasons, and even if you do it, there's serious concerns about whether it's a good deal.

Comment

• I guess my question is this:

If you want to give DeMar the max deal, are you excited about that prospect? Does the idea of paying DeMar DeRozan $144 million over the next 5 years fill you with excitement and confidence? Because it doesn't for me.

The idea of paying LeBron $144 million would excite me. Same with Durant. But the idea of paying DeMar $144 million makes me really, really nervous.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          I guess my question is this:

If you want to give DeMar the max deal, are you excited about that prospect? Does the idea of paying DeMar DeRozan $144 million over the next 5 years fill you with excitement and confidence? Because it doesn't for me.

The idea of paying LeBron $144 million would excite me. Same with Durant. But the idea of paying DeMar $144 million makes me really, really nervous.
                          Maybe it's just me but none of those things you've mentioned above "excite me" lol. Like the first guy said, the cap jumping again immediately after derozan is signed is what keeps me from being extremely nervous. That and the fact that we don't necessarily have to pay him 144 mil. Oh and the fact that Masai is our GM. That kills all the nervousness.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                            Maybe it's just me but none of those things you've mentioned above "excite me" lol. Like the first guy said, the cap jumping again immediately after derozan is signed is what keeps me from being extremely nervous. That and the fact that we don't necessarily have to pay him 144 mil. Oh and the fact that Masai is our GM. That kills all the nervousness.
                            Paying LeBron or Durant the max would make me feel like we can contend for championships, period. I have no such confidence with DeMar, and for a guy to eat up that much cap space, I feel like I should have that confidence.

Comment

• Noooooooooo I heard 24m yr now Im hearing almost 30. Thats crazy shit. The guy was a defensive liability! Thats killer esp come playoffs. Hes a chucker. he was a no show three yrs in a row of playoffs. Frikin bron bosh and wade took about 16m/yr to win a championship. He deserves no more than carrol. Lou Williams could have done what DD does - for 7m/yr.

Who cares if we cant land a FA with the money - maybe we can and how about next year we'll be stuck stuck until his contract runs out.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Paying LeBron or Durant the max would make me feel like we can contend for championships, period. I have no such confidence with DeMar, and for a guy to eat up that much cap space, I feel like I should have that confidence.
                                Unfortunately that's just not the way it works

Comment

Working...
                                X