Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    I disagree a bit, having demar handle the ball as much as he did last night takes the ball out of guys hands that are far superior at handling the ball....
    I don't disagree, i just didn't think he handled the ball any more then normal. If that WAS the case, I'd rather see 6 assists from him, than a couple of extra shots, given his shooting %. Actually, he assist total would have been higher if the Raps hadn't been shooting at a 32% rate (or whatever it was) for the first quarter and a half.

DeMar seemed to be a more willing passer throughout the preseason, to my eye. He may have decided to make this a focus this year. Props to him if true.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      I don't disagree, i just didn't think he handled the ball any more then normal. If that WAS the case, I'd rather see 6 assists from him, than a couple of extra shots, given his shooting %. Actually, he assist total would have been higher if the Raps hadn't been shooting at a 32% rate (or whatever it was) for the first quarter and a half.

DeMar seemed to be a more willing passer throughout the preseason, to my eye. He may have decided to make this a focus this year. Props to him if true.
      I hope that is true, but he still took like 17 shots or something.

So if he wasnt bailed out continuously by the refs and allowed to got to the line, his putrid shooting at piss poor shot selection would totally negated his passing.

I really hope its just early season rust, but he looked even more awkward than he normally does at pretty much everything.

But raw stats showed he has a quite a game, so that should impress some

Comment

• DeMar's game last night was a tale of two halves.

First half DeMar was the worst you could imagine basically. Taking lots of bad shots. Reluctantly moving the ball. Lazy getting back on D. Pretty much nothing working except the whistle in his favour...and then he was uncharacteristically missing free throws.

Second half DeMar still took maybe a couple of bad shots, but he was decisive and active. He didn't waste so many possessions with overdribbling or forcing his own offence. He actually got back on D and played pretty well. He kept getting to the line and actually hit his free throws. He even grabbed a couple of key defensive rebounds down the stretch.

I hope we see less and less of first half DeMar and more of second half DeMar.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          DeMar's game last night was a tale of two halves.

First half DeMar was the worst you could imagine basically. Taking lots of bad shots. Reluctantly moving the ball. Lazy getting back on D. Pretty much nothing working except the whistle in his favour...and then he was uncharacteristically missing free throws.

Second half DeMar still took maybe a couple of bad shots, but he was decisive and active. He didn't waste so many possessions with overdribbling or forcing his own offence. He actually got back on D and played pretty well. He kept getting to the line and actually hit his free throws. He even grabbed a couple of key defensive rebounds down the stretch.

I concur

Comment

DeMar's game last night was a tale of two halves.

I dont like the 30% Usage though......

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I concur
              Yeah, even though second half DeMar makes it a lot harder to decide what to do with him, because that's "arguably an all-star" DeMar. He gives you the "good problem" to have. Do you trade him? His value would be fairly high, but will it be fair given he's expiring? Do you wait til the end of the season to not screw up the team?

Tough call, but better than him playing like hot garbage, which would mean having to trade him, and everyone in the league knowing it so even Masai would probably struggle to find a deal that wasn't lowballing him (or maybe I'm underestimating Masai).

Comment

I dont like the 30% Usage though......
                Wouldn't mind knowing how that looks half to half though. Just to add context related to what I was talking about.

In the 2nd half, I had little issue with what DeMar was doing. And I suspect his USG was lower for that half as well. He can fit in without having to dominate the ball to such a crazy extreme. The first half was really ugly for him and he held the ball far too much.

Comment

I hope that is true, but he still took like 17 shots or something.

So if he wasnt bailed out continuously by the refs and allowed to got to the line, his putrid shooting at piss poor shot selection would totally negated his passing.

I really hope its just early season rust, but he looked even more awkward than he normally does at pretty much everything.

But raw stats showed he has a quite a game, so that should impress some
                  17 FGA is pretty much is average for the last couple of years.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    17 FGA is pretty much is average for the last couple of years.
                    I know, but its about 25% high.

Always has been

Comment

Wouldn't mind knowing how that looks half to half though. Just to add context related to what I was talking about.

In the 2nd half, I had little issue with what DeMar was doing. And I suspect his USG was lower for that half as well. He can fit in without having to dominate the ball to such a crazy extreme. The first half was really ugly for him and he held the ball far too much.
                      30.7% First Half
                      32% Second Half

source

Comment

• Lol You just never let off eh Snooch?

Comment

• Great game by DeRozan! clutch too! pay that man!
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Over/under DD shoots 46% FG in game 1.
                            Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            under
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            Well, odds are it's well under. But who knows for any one game.
                            Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            They aren't the defensive team of the past. I say over.
                            distorsun wrote: View Post
                            I have one answer for that : LMAO.....So he's gonna turned into Klay Thomson.

DD is a talent who still doesn't know what he's good at and I guess No coaches have told him.

I say we're lucky IF he gets to 43%
                            psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            Under.
                            SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            over.
                            TRex wrote: View Post
                            Under
                            Abbas wrote: View Post
                            Over

23/6/4/2

shoots 47%
                            pretty close abbas

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Lol You just never let off eh Snooch?
                              Hey, i go were the discussions are.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

30.7% First Half
                                32% Second Half

source
                                I'm getting 28% first half and 32% second half, which makes more sense since his overall usage was 30%.

As for the assists, it's good he got 6 assists, but he used 27 (!!!) possessions this game - 17 field goals, 2 turnovers, and 16 free throws. 1 assist for roughly every 5 possessions you use isn't particularly great (especially when you are scoring under a point per possession). Hopefully he can keep the drive game, the catch and shoot game, and the passing game, without relying so much on the insanely bad jump shot selection going forward. Same old song though...
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X