No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I checked Lous numbers. If he played an extra 7 minutes a game - equal to DD hed be very close to Demars numbers across the board. Hes way more clutch though. DDs better than lou - but 400% more in salary better? no damn way.

As mentioned bosh and bron took cuts to win if DD really wants to win and really likes toronto take a pay cut or go.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      I guess my question is this:

If you want to give DeMar the max deal, are you excited about that prospect? Does the idea of paying DeMar DeRozan $144 million over the next 5 years fill you with excitement and confidence? Because it doesn't for me.

The idea of paying LeBron $144 million would excite me. Same with Durant.
      But the idea of paying DeMar $144 million makes me really, really nervous.
      Of course it would, those guys are worth WAY more than that.

Back to DeMar, we'll be signing one of the best free agents on the market without having to clear cap space. Darn tootin' it excites me - the opportunity cost is very low from where I'm sitting (as it's not my money).

Bottomline, teams need to spend and spend big to have a real chance. It's time to start spending.
      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat May 28, 2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Of course it would, those guys are worth WAY more than that.
        But that's what I'm asking. Is anyone sitting here and saying 'DeMar is absolutely worth that full max contract!'. Not on asset retention, not on loyalty, DeMar DeRozan the basketball player. Does anyone think that guy brings value to our team equal to the percentage of the salary cap he is about to be eating?
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Barolt wrote: View Post
          I guess my question is this:

If you want to give DeMar the max deal, are you excited about that prospect? Does the idea of paying DeMar DeRozan $144 million over the next 5 years fill you with excitement and confidence? Because it doesn't for me.

The idea of paying LeBron $144 million would excite me. Same with Durant. But the idea of paying DeMar $144 million makes me really, really nervous.
          That's why we got Masai.

I'm not worried at all. How many times have we spent over the cap? We have a recent Eastern Finals team. With young assets and draft picks. Time to step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by special1; Sat May 28, 2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            But that's what I'm asking. Is anyone sitting here and saying 'DeMar is absolutely worth that full max contract!'. Not on asset retention, not on loyalty, DeMar DeRozan the basketball player. Does anyone think that guy brings value to our team equal to the percentage of the salary cap he is about to be eating?
            The market dictates his value. If other GMs are willing to offer a max contract, especially multiple GMs, then that is the value of demar derozan.

No one is going to bring better value to our team in respect to the percentage of the cap than Lowry. Even if you pay demar 10 million a year. That isn't how it works.

Team building wise, signing at market value, to keep the asset, again at market value meaning others and us are willing to pay that much for demar, means that his contract is entirely moveable.

The question isn't is demar worth the max at all. It is do we trust Masai to do what is best for the team in the future after we pay demar.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              The market dictates his value. If other GMs are willing to offer a max contract, especially multiple GMs, then that is the value of demar derozan.

No one is going to bring better value to our team in respect to the percentage of the cap than Lowry. Even if you pay demar 10 million a year. That isn't how it works.

Team building wise, signing at market value, to keep the asset, again at market value meaning others and us are willing to pay that much for demar, means that his contract is entirely moveable.

The question isn't is demar worth the max at all. It is do we trust Masai to do what is best for the team in the future after we pay demar.

Good post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Man I was thinking demar was better than klay Thompson but tonight I was proven wrong.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                  Man I was thinking demar was better than klay Thompson but tonight I was proven wrong.
                  Seriously?

I love DeMar. Everyone knows that. But it's not close. Klay Thompson is the BEST 2 guard in the NBA.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                    Man I was thinking demar was better than klay Thompson but tonight I was proven wrong.
                    Lol

Comment

• After the legendary shooting performance that Klay Thompson, arguably the best SG in the league, just treated us to, it's numbing that Masai is about to throw 144M over 5 years at DeRozan. Klay is making half of that on his 70M/4 extension. Let that sink in.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                        After the legendary shooting performance that Klay Thompson, arguably the best SG in the league, just treated us to, it's numbing that Masai is about to throw 144M over 5 years at DeRozan. Klay is making half of that on his 70M/4 extension. Let that sink in.
                        Sure would have been nice of colangelo to only sign demar to a 3 year deal.

Comment

After the legendary shooting performance that Klay Thompson, arguably the best SG in the league, just treated us to, it's numbing that Masai is about to throw 144M over 5 years at DeRozan. Klay is making half of that on his 70M/4 extension. Let that sink in.
                          Klay would get the max now if he was eligible for it, he signed his deal in a different cap.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                            Klay would get the max now if he was eligible for it, he signed his deal in a different cap.
                            +1
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                              I'm aware of that. Simply stating that Klay is criminally underpaid whereas DeRozan is about to be vastly overpaid. He stands to benefit from being a free agent at the perfect time. The market will determine he's a max guy. No disputing that. But in terms of production and proven ability? He's nowhere near a max player. Only the former matters now though.

Comment

I'm aware of that. Simply stating that Klay is criminally underpaid whereas DeRozan is about to be vastly overpaid. He stands to benefit from being a free agent at the perfect time. The market will determine he's a max guy. No disputing that. But in terms of production and proven ability? He's nowhere near a max player. Only the former matters now though.
                                But that's just the reality of the cap going up by a ton in a short period of time. Next year you're gonna see someone like Gordon Hayward probably get even more than DeRozan gets this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X