Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gambino wrote: View Post
    OKC was 5 minutes away from being in the finals.

And how did Golden State win the title last year? Draymond shot less than 30% from 3 in the playoffs and wasn't a particularly good 3 point shooter in the regular season either.

How did Miami win the title with Wade? How did the Spurs win with Tony Parker? Boston with Rondo? Dallas with Marion who didn't attempt a single 3 in the entire 2011 playoff run?
    The game is changing. And to some extent you can get around it with game changing players, generational players. Parker and Wade are guaranteed Hall of Famers. Rondo was playing with 3 of them. Marion was also playing with 3 future Hall of Famers(at the tail end of their careers, but still).

We don't have that luxury if we want to compete. DeMar isn't THAT good.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      The game is changing. And to some extent you can get around it with game changing players, generational players. Parker and Wade are guaranteed Hall of Famers. Rondo was playing with 3 of them. Marion was also playing with 3 future Hall of Famers(at the tail end of their careers, but still).

We don't have that luxury if we want to compete. DeMar isn't THAT good.
      We need to upgrade our talent and get another star caliber player anyway, that has nothing to do with DeMar. We're not as talented as the other 3 teams that were in the final four.

And DeRozan is as good as if not better than Parker was in 2014. Parker isn't a hall of famer if he doesn't play his whole career with Duncan.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
        We need to upgrade our talent and get another star caliber player anyway, that has nothing to do with DeMar. We're not as talented as the other 3 teams that were in the final four.

And DeRozan is as good as if not better than Parker was in 2014. Parker isn't a hall of famer if he doesn't play his whole career with Duncan.
        Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Don't mention DeMar in the same breath as Parker if you want anyone to take you seriously. He battled injury problems this year, but he's still potent enough to quarterback the Spurs to 67 wins.

As for Parker not being a hall of famer... I don't know what to say to you. A Finals MVP, 6x All-Star, a laundry list of accolades from his international career...

Comment

You're absolutely right. Total coincidence that the two teams in the Finals got there by taking a significant number of their shots as three pointers and hitting them, while the two teams who lost in the Conference Finals relied more on 2pt shots.

Completely random set of data, not at all linked to success. We should continue depending on our guards hitting 2s, and everything will be fine.
          So, just shoot more threes and Raps will be in the Finals? Man, if it's that simple it's a wonder every team isn't doing that. You'd think progressive guys like Morey would have their teams shooting tonnes of threes to get to the Finals.

Do you suppose the Lebrons made it to the Finals cause they have Lebron James? Or that GSW is there cause they have historically great shooters and play fantastic defense? Nah, probably just there cause they shoot a lot of threes.

Comment

You have to take em to make em.
            I've been complaining about this all year: we do not have enough shooters.

Comment

But DeMar DIDN'T HAVE TO have 30% usage when guarded by Paul George. He didn't have to have an assist rate way below his regular season assist rate. He could've become a playmaker. Any time he was guarded by Paul George, he had 4 teammates on the floor not guarded by Paul George. But he was still the one shooting most of the time.

One of my biggest issues with DeMar has always been, and continues to be, the limitations he places on your roster. In order for a DeMar lineup to be successful against a good team, your point guard, small forward, and power forward, have to all be able to hit 3s at a high rate and be good to great defenders, or it doesn't work. That's why JJ lineups with DeMar had problems, that's why Scola lineups with DeMar had problems.
              Good enough to make it to the conference finals but not the finals right?

Looks like we need to do what the Cavs and GSW are doing anyways. Which means we need a PG, SF and PF who can hit 3s at a high clip.

Maybe it's not a Demar thing.....Maybe it's just a requirement to be a Finals Team....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• There is no correct strategy, play style or tactic to win in the NBA. Just a couple years ago, people would've said a jumpshooting team like Golden State could never win.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

Looks like we need to do what the Cavs and GSW are doing anyways. Which means we need a PG, SF and PF who can hit 3s at a high clip.

Maybe it's not a Demar thing.....Maybe it's just a requirement to be a Finals Team....

We can give DD a semi-pass because of the thumb injury, but the reality is that our bench depth + JV carried the Raps until Lowry & DD got over their stagefright. That, and Vogel's decision to keep PG13 on the bench a tad long in Game 5.

Otherwise, we'd be into a month or so already about how we should blow things up. Point being, your stars have to be stars, but you also have to involve other players more often to keep them ready to shoot. Lebron does this as well as anybody. Lowry/DD/Casey are just starting to learn this, I hope. Lowry & DD developing passing chemistry with players other than each other should be the logical next step for the franchise.

Comment

• I don't think it's fair to go back in nitpick how they got to the ECF. There were mistakes made by both coaches in all three series' which impacted the outcome of games.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I don't think it's fair to go back in nitpick how they got to the ECF. There were mistakes made by both coaches in all three series' which impacted the outcome of games.
                      This. People just love looking at things in the most negative way. We got to the conference finals, that's not up for question. It's not like people are sitting here micro-analyzing our series with the Nets and the fact that we lost by 1 point, all that matters is that we lost.

Almost all of us Raps fans were calling for heads to roll if we got a third straight first round exit. Nobody cares that the Wizards and Nets series were completely different, all that matters are results.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I don't think it's fair to go back in nitpick how they got to the ECF. There were mistake made by both coaches in all three series' which impacted the outcome of games.
                        I can agree with this, but I also don't think it's fair to the rest of the team to credit DeMar with getting us to the ECF. He was awful in most of the games prior to the Cleveland series.

Comment

• Who on earth doesn't know that DD played like shit in round one and two?

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

This. This 'good enough to make it to the conference Finals' thing.

DeMar wasn't. The guys around him were.

Comment

• I dont agree with the "asset management" reason is why you have to keep DD.

The book is out on him so he isnt going to net a significant return. Maybe a middling pick and some bad contracts that we need to then work around.

I'd say signing DD is poor asset management because the status quo on this team wont change, so we lose out on opportunities for both Powell and Jonas. So resigning a guy you want to trade anyways will only hurt two players that you potentially want to build around and who need reps sooner rather than later.

Does that make sense?

TLDR; In terms of keeping DD in a vacuum it is good asset management...but it is bad asset management for JV and Powell because they wont get the oportunity to grow

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                I dont agree with the "asset management" reason is why you have to keep DD.

The book is out on him so he isnt going to net a significant return. Maybe a middling pick and some bad contracts that we need to then work around.

I'd say signing DD is poor asset management because the status quo on this team wont change, so we lose out on opportunities for both Powell and Jonas. So resigning a guy you want to trade anyways will only hurt two players that you potentially want to build around and who need reps sooner rather than later.

Does that make sense?

TLDR; In terms of keeping DD in a vacuum it is good asset management...but it is bad asset management for JV and Powell because they wont get the oportunity to grow
                                If the 'book is out on him' then his market won't be a max deal... except it probably is. What you're saying is for lack of a better term, nonsensical.

Aren't you the same guy that said a few pages earlier that you wouldn't bring DeMar back at any price?

Comment

Working...
                                X