Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Maybe the point should be comparing the players at similar points in their careers, rather than cherry-picking things that fit your narrative?

I compared the first 7 years of Rip's career to DeMar's first 7 years because... DeMar's played 7 seasons.
    I'm not cherry-picking anything. The question was can a player who showed little to no ability to be a good three point shooter earlier in their career become a good three point shooter later in their career? So I showed Rip who was a 29% three point shooter through his first 6 seasons and a 37% shooter afterwards following the first significant shift we saw in year 7 for him. Just comparing their first 7 seasons doesn't really mean anything or answer the question.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
      I'm not cherry-picking anything. The question was can a player who showed little to no ability to be a good three point shooter earlier in their career become a good three point shooter later in their career? So I showed Rip who was a 29% three point shooter through his first 6 seasons and a 37% shooter afterwards following the first significant shift we saw in year 7 for him. Just comparing their first 7 seasons doesn't really mean anything or answer the question.
      But DeMar was a 26% 3pt shooter through his first 6 seasons, so even there he was worse.(As an aside, Rip never really became an above the break 3pt shooter, from the age of 27 onward he took 53% of his 3s from the corners, and hit 39.1% of those, as opposed to 37.5% overall)
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        But DeMar was a 26% 3pt shooter through his first 6 seasons, so even there he was worse.(As an aside, Rip never really became an above the break 3pt shooter, from the age of 27 onward he took 53% of his 3s from the corners, and hit 39.1% of those, as opposed to 37.5% overall)
        And so why can't DD take a larger percentage of his 3s from the corners and improve his percentage exactly? That would fall under understand of the game, mentality and veteran savvy like I was talking about, no?

Comment

And so why can't DD take a larger percentage of his 3s from the corners and improve his percentage exactly? That would fall under understand of the game, mentality and veteran savvy like I was talking about, no?
          But that doesn't have nearly the same value in terms of floor spacing, which would be the true value of his 3pt shooting. If he can shoot from the corner, that doesn't force defenders to play up on him on the line to open up space for drives, because driving out of the corner is a tenuous task at best.

I agree he can be a good corner 3pt shooter, he already is. But that's not an improvement if he already has the skill.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            I do, its a forgone conclusion both want a new deal - had to opt-out to get it. https://t.co/SseVNVLYqC— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) June 14, 2016

I think he might be the first ever raptor lifer
            Yeah, he's back!
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Jun 14, 2016, 03:48 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• It doesn't look like DeMar's going anywhere, ever really.

Comment

• I fully believe DeMar will re-sign, but...

Things that count as confirmation: DeMar's signature on a contract.

Things that don't count as confirmation: Literally everything else.

Comment

It doesn't look like DeMar's going anywhere, ever really.
                  That's a pretty confident thing to say about a 26 year old.

I thought we were all in agreement at least by signing him he's a tradeable asset if we things don't go perfectly
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    That's a pretty confident thing to say about a 26 year old.

I thought we were all in agreement at least by signing him he's a tradeable asset if we things don't go perfectly
                    I meant of his own free will, but yeah that's accurate.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      What did he say after that? It's cut off. I wonder just how much under the max he would be willing to go.
                      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Jun 14, 2016, 04:29 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        What did he say after that? It's cut off. I wonder just how much under the max je would be willing to go.
                        I highly doubt he'd post that on instagram lol

Edit: For the record I just checked and he just posted 2 thumbs up emojis.
                        Last edited by Gambino; Tue Jun 14, 2016, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I highly doubt he'd post that on instagram lol
                          Obviously not lol. Still curious to know what else he said.

I always thought he'd sign back for around 23.5 M annually.
                          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Jun 14, 2016, 04:33 PM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Obviously not lol. Still curious to know what else he said.

I always thought he'd sign back for around 23.5 M annually.
                            He just posted a thumbs up emoji
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Fact is you don't know when, so saying it year after year hoping that you'll be right eventually is "dumb" and an exercise in futility. I suppose eventually you will be right, but there's nothing to suggest that it will be this coming season.
                              You did want to talk only of facts. Fact is Demar will plateau. It's only a matter of when
                              This is like the analyst who is constantly claiming there will be a bear market for 4 years and, then, when it finally happens he's on the front page of the Globe & Mail telling everyone, "I told you so!". Meanwhile, no one points out that he's been wrong for 4 years running and he's even more sure of himself than before....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                This is like the analyst who is constantly claiming there will be a bear market for 4 years and, then, when it finally happens he's on the front page of the Globe & Mail telling everyone, "I told you so!". Meanwhile, no one points out that he's been wrong for 4 years running and he's even more sure of himself than before....
                                Not really at all like that but believe whatever you want man.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X